October 16, 2019, 10:14:28 PM

Author Topic: which 7 aint gonna make it then?  (Read 11917 times)

May 30, 2010, 08:47:05 PM
Read 11917 times

Haile GAZrselassie

Taking everything into consideration what 7 players do you think Capello is gonna give the flight tickets home?

For me it will be the following.

Parker, Upson Warnock, Dawson, Bent, SWP and Defoe.

Personally id take Defoe and leave Heskey at home thinking how dogshit he is but Capello wont leave him at home when Rooney has publicly expressed his gay love for playing off him. But other than that I cant disagree with those, although the only reason id take Walcott is so I could throw him out from 30,000ft above the darfur region of Sudan.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

May 30, 2010, 08:56:56 PM
Reply #1

Derek

Dawson, Huddlestone, Parker, SWP, Bent, Warnock and not sure who else.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

May 30, 2010, 08:59:40 PM
Reply #2

nomorechang

RIP
Dawson, Huddlestone, Parker, SWP, Bent, Warnock and not sure who else.

... Upson , and I think SWP will go ahead of Adam Johnson
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

May 30, 2010, 09:01:28 PM
Reply #3

cad

Baines; Huddlestone; Upson; Bent; Dawson; Walcott, and maybe SWP...would be my guess.

He'd be mad to boot out a natural goalscorer like Defoe.

I know you rate Huddlestone, but I reckon he entered the fray a bit too late.

We'll see :)
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

May 30, 2010, 09:03:02 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
At this point, I would say which 7 are going to SA. The England squad is wank and has as much chance as Australia of winning the cup.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 30, 2010, 09:09:16 PM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

Baines; Huddlestone; Upson; Bent; Dawson; Walcott, and maybe SWP...would be my guess.

So Warnock goes and Baines doesn't even though Warnock has played 0 minutes of the last two friendlies?

May 30, 2010, 09:17:38 PM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
They are fucking awful, its laughable that people think they can win it

May 30, 2010, 09:23:04 PM
Reply #7

Haile GAZrselassie

Huddlestone ought to go. He's never gonna be running around like a headless chicken cos he clearly doesn't have it in him, and he doesn't need it either. But look at how he pops the ball about, he's excellent at retaining possession and England-other than Gareth Barry who's nowhere near being fit- dont have anybody who can help them retain the ball if and when they're a goal up with 20 minutes to go in the latter stages of the competition.

A la Brazil 2002.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

May 30, 2010, 09:23:27 PM
Reply #8

Derek

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

May 30, 2010, 09:24:13 PM
Reply #9

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Huddlestone ought to go. He's never gonna be running around like a headless chicken cos he clearly doesn't have it in him, and he doesn't need it either. But look at how he pops the ball about, he's excellent at retaining possession and England-other than Gareth Barry who's nowhere near being fit- dont have anybody who can help them retain the ball if and when they're a goal up with 20 minutes to go in the latter stages of the competition.

A la Brazil 2002.

What does Alan Brazil have to do with anything?

May 30, 2010, 09:39:10 PM
Reply #10

Joey

I think that: Warnock, Upson, Parker, Huddlestone, SWP, J. Cole/ A Johnson and Bent will be dropped.
I can't make my mind up between Cole or Johnson. I would prefer Cole but I just have a feeling he might take Johnosn as his surpise like how Sven took Walcott to the last WC
If Barry isn't fit then I would say Huddlestone would go just because he featured in both warm up games.

May 30, 2010, 09:41:55 PM
Reply #11

cad

So Warnock goes and Baines doesn't even though Warnock has played 0 minutes of the last two friendlies?

Fair point, but maybe he didn't need another look at Warnock?

Like everybody else, I don't have a clue what Capello might do, but they are my guesses...

Yours?
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

May 30, 2010, 11:59:01 PM
Reply #12

Gary Iceman

baines warnock upson parker swp johnson bent
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

May 31, 2010, 12:01:19 AM
Reply #13

Paul.

A.Johnson, Defoe, Upson, Warnock, Parker, Walcott, Huddlestone.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

May 31, 2010, 12:04:39 AM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
baines warnock upson parker swp johnson bent

One of Baines and Warnock will definitely go.  Would like Johnson to go but I can see him being left out.  IMO you shouldn't need 3 keepers.  No way I would have Hart and Green there.