October 21, 2019, 12:30:55 AM

Author Topic: which 7 aint gonna make it then?  (Read 11923 times)

May 31, 2010, 12:08:08 AM
Reply #15

Paul.

Big gamble taking only 2 keepers. 1 injury and you're sweating bullets for the rest of the tournament.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

May 31, 2010, 12:40:44 AM
Reply #16

Ridge

Warnock, Dawson, Upson,  Huddlestone, Parker, A Johnson, Bent.

May 31, 2010, 12:59:40 AM
Reply #17

Haile GAZrselassie

Gotta take 3 keepers, as Paul says, 1 injury and you're gonna be sweating like a paedo in a playground.

and one of Baines and Warnock will go, Capello will just be praying he never has to use either of them. Say what ya like about Ashley Cole the person, Ashley Cole the footballer is the finest left back in the world imo.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

May 31, 2010, 01:01:30 AM
Reply #18

cantoffee

Warnock, Dawson, Upson,  Huddlestone, Parker, SWP, Bent.

May 31, 2010, 02:03:40 AM
Reply #19

bluestevie

warnock, upson, parker, walcott, heskey, barry (too risky with the injury), dawson
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 31, 2010, 02:24:13 AM
Reply #20

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Warnock, King, Upson, Parker, A. Johnson, Huddlestone, Bent
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 31, 2010, 02:30:51 AM
Reply #21

Thom

Administrator
Warnock, Dawson, Parker, Huddlestone, SWP, Bent and one other. Not sure who though.

May 31, 2010, 03:07:36 AM
Reply #22

Optimistic Blue

Dawson, King, Huddlestone, Lennon, Defoe, Warnock, Crouch

Dawson, Warnock and Defoe havent been used so be pointless bringing them, Kings injury issue is far to risky take, Barry is a starter under capello and will be taken to play when fit, same with Walcott, so thats Huddlestone and Lennon out, Heskey is also a starter and we'll need goalscoring alternatives on the bench, hence Crouch being obmitted.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 03:23:57 AM by Optimistic Blue »
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

May 31, 2010, 03:38:40 AM
Reply #23

SilkyBarryHorne

No offence Optimistic Blue but thats one of the worst posts i've ever read. Four out of your seven will be going in my book. Lennon and Crouch are pretty much first eleven, and Defoe and King will be on the plane

May 31, 2010, 04:17:01 AM
Reply #24

Optimistic Blue

No offence Optimistic Blue but thats one of the worst posts i've ever read. Four out of your seven will be going in my book. Lennon and Crouch are pretty much first eleven, and Defoe and King will be on the plane

Walcott is CLEARLY Capellos first choice right midfielder, Shaun Wright-Phillips showed today hes capable of playing on the left he has also played right back in his career meaning hes a better back up option than Lennon due to versatility, As with Milner, and Johnson is a left winger naturally, leaving Lennon last in the pecking order.

Same with Crouch, Capello has used Heskey in most of his England games, and will want a differen option on the bench rather than a Heskey replacement, a more attacking striker to shake things up, thats either Bent or Defoe, Bents scored more goals and is on better form so there you go!
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

May 31, 2010, 04:42:57 AM
Reply #25

Haile GAZrselassie

Walcott is CLEARLY Capellos first choice right midfielder, Shaun Wright-Phillips showed today hes capable of playing on the left he has also played right back in his career meaning hes a better back up option than Lennon due to versatility, As with Milner, and Johnson is a left winger naturally, leaving Lennon last in the pecking order.

Same with Crouch, Capello has used Heskey in most of his England games, and will want a differen option on the bench rather than a Heskey replacement, a more attacking striker to shake things up, thats either Bent or Defoe, Bents scored more goals and is on better form so there you go!

Jesus mate. Solvent abuse can kill ya know.

You honestly think he's gonna include SWP in the squad because he can play RB? And other than Rooney there's no one in the squad who has scored more goals for england under Capello than Crouch. I think he'll start with those 2 as it goes.

Emile Heskey is absolute pony. He's not gonna be starting, and he's certainly not what you need should you be looking to nick a goal from somewhere. Did you see his "header" in front of goal today?

I do believe he will go but if he starts games i'll be livid.

so, like has already been said, that's a terrible post. And I dont care if that offends you either :D

May 31, 2010, 04:45:13 AM
Reply #26

Endless, Nameless

He should be starting with:

Hart
Johnson (Anyone but Terry) Ferdinand  A.Cole
Walcott          Lampard    Gerrard         J.Cole
                     Crouch   Rooney

In my humble opinion.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 31, 2010, 04:49:23 AM
Reply #27

FitzyEFC

He should be starting with:

Hart
Johnson (Anyone but Terry) Ferdinand  A.Cole
Walcott          Lampard    Gerrard         J.Cole
                     Crouch   Rooney

In my humble opinion.
Agree with the majority of that. Very much disagree with Walcott though.

May 31, 2010, 04:53:30 AM
Reply #28

Wittmann

James

Johnson        Rio           Terry           Cole

Lennon          Lampard     Barry (if fit)     Joe Cole.

Gerrard
                                     Rooney.

That would be my starting 11. I would leave behind Warnock, Dawson, Upson,Heskey,Huddlestone, Parker, A Johnson.

May 31, 2010, 05:00:01 AM
Reply #29

Haile GAZrselassie

Joe hart should be starting in goal, and Crouch deserves a starting spot as well, even if that comes at the expense of Lampard or Gerrard but other than that I agree with Wittman.