October 19, 2019, 09:04:41 AM

Author Topic: which 7 aint gonna make it then?  (Read 11921 times)

May 31, 2010, 05:04:10 AM
Reply #30

Gash

Global Moderator
I agree with Alan Mullery on SSN. Walcott shouldn't go, other than pace he offers very little. Other than that I'm not arsed who goes.

May 31, 2010, 06:40:55 AM
Reply #31

Dr. Sponge

7 to not go...

IMO: Dawson, Upson, Parker, Huddlestone, SWP, Bent, Warnock

Who I think Capello will choose not to select in his squad:
Dawson, Upson, Parker, Huddlestone, A. Jonhson, Defoe, Warnock

Who I'd start with against USA:
James
Carragher Terry Ferdinand Cole
Walcott Lampard Carrick J.Cole
Gerrard
Rooney

I haven't a clue who Capello will choose in his starting XI, and I think that's how he wants it to be. I'm pretty sure he knows his starting eleven (barring Barry's injury) for the first game.

I hope he takes Adam Johnson with him, because before I saw little sparks again from Joe Cole against Japan (no many sparks mind), Johnson was definitely my starter for left wing. He looks fresh and very very sharp at City, and has undeniable talent. I'm surprised he hasn't had at least a half in the last two friendlies.

My explanation for Carragher at right back..... I think with a player like Lennon or Walcott on the right side of midfield, who'll get forward a lot, then a solid defending full back behind them is essential. And, as good as Glen Johnson is at going forward, we've see how suspect he can be on the defensive. With a player like Beckham on the right, definitely G.Johnson at RB. But there has to be balance and a full back complimenting the winger.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:42:44 AM by Dr. Sponge »

May 31, 2010, 08:18:34 AM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be suprised if Walcott didn't make it.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 31, 2010, 03:15:49 PM
Reply #33

EssexYid

Dawson, King, Huddlestone, Lennon, Defoe, Warnock, Crouch

Dawson, Warnock and Defoe havent been used so be pointless bringing them, Kings injury issue is far to risky take, Barry is a starter under capello and will be taken to play when fit, same with Walcott, so thats Huddlestone and Lennon out, Heskey is also a starter and we'll need goalscoring alternatives on the bench, hence Crouch being obmitted.

Obviously you are either or possibly both very bitter twisted about Tottenham Hotspur, or a complete and utter numpty with regards to  your knowledge of football matters.  ::)

May 31, 2010, 04:58:26 PM
Reply #34

cad

Obviously you are either or possibly both very bitter twisted about Tottenham Hotspur, or a complete and utter numpty with regards to  your knowledge of football matters.  ::)

Seems a bit of a coincidence   :snigger:
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

May 31, 2010, 06:22:47 PM
Reply #35

ilikebrunettes

I agree with Alan Mullery on SSN. Walcott shouldn't go, other than pace he offers very little. Other than that I'm not arsed who goes.

and lennon and SWP offer what else??

Walcott is a cert. He offers loads, he makes hugely intelligent runs off the ball, prevents full backs from bombing on. Englands RB never gets exposed with walcott in the team.

Oh... and he offers goals
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

May 31, 2010, 06:42:29 PM
Reply #36

cad

Your Arsenal  slip is showing again, ilb :)
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

May 31, 2010, 07:09:33 PM
Reply #37

Gash

Global Moderator
and lennon and SWP offer what else??

Walcott is a cert. He offers loads, he makes hugely intelligent runs off the ball, prevents full backs from bombing on. Englands RB never gets exposed with walcott in the team.

Oh... and he offers goals

According to your precious clubs website he scored 4 goals this season in 30 appearances, 15 as sub. I didn't say Lennon or SWP were any better. I just think Walcott is a bit over hyped. They're all pace and not much end product. You'll know better though, I'm not glued to football all the time.

May 31, 2010, 07:14:43 PM
Reply #38

ilikebrunettes

Your Arsenal  slip is showing again, ilb :)

not really mate, i just think Walcott is the best we have on the right of midfield.

Im not saying he is Cristiano Ronaldo.

May 31, 2010, 07:19:54 PM
Reply #39

bluestevie

tbh i agree with that. on a good day walcott does do a shift from the right but the last few internationals he hasnt really done enough to be considered.
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 31, 2010, 07:48:15 PM
Reply #40

Haile GAZrselassie

Lennon ought to be given the nod ahead of walcott, neither are sublime but Lennon's end product has improved this season, Walcott offers fuck all else other than the speed of a train, against top class left backs that wont be as important.

In my original prediction I said Carrick would go but im not so sure now, so maybe he will take all 5 forwards and leave Carrick behind.

What time is it announced anyway?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

May 31, 2010, 07:53:55 PM
Reply #41

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon ought to be given the nod ahead of walcott, neither are sublime but Lennon's end product has improved this season, Walcott offers fuck all else other than the speed of a train, against top class left backs that wont be as important.

In my original prediction I said Carrick would go but im not so sure now, so maybe he will take all 5 forwards and leave Carrick behind.

Pretty sure it's tomorrow.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 31, 2010, 07:55:06 PM
Reply #42

ilikebrunettes

depends what Cappelo wants from his winger. Like i said, walcott protects the RB fantastically well, he always tracks back, and his ability to make excellent runs in from the wing, allows Rooney to drop deeper.

lennon may have better final ball, and better wing skills, but he doesn't offer the things Walcott does that i have listed.

It's easily a 50/50 call, but i'd go with Walcott i think

May 31, 2010, 09:34:54 PM
Reply #43

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
depends what Cappelo wants from his winger. Like i said, walcott protects the RB fantastically well, he always tracks back, and his ability to make excellent runs in from the wing, allows Rooney to drop deeper.

lennon may have better final ball, and better wing skills, but he doesn't offer the things Walcott does that i have listed.

It's easily a 50/50 call, but i'd go with Walcott i think

Lennon for me, Walcott is pace but nothing else, Lennon has proved he has more than that.  Only issue with playing Lennon is as you say, the lack of cover for the RB and of course you can't expect Glen Johnson to actually defend!

June 01, 2010, 01:59:55 AM
Reply #44

Amata

This website claims the names have been leaked and here's the players, don't know if its true but we will find out tomorrow.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/arsenal/capellos-squad-sheet-leaked

Green, James, Hart, Johnson, Carragher, Terry, King, Upson, Ferdinand, Cole A, Baines, Walcott, Lennon, Cole, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey.

For one i'd take Dawson who's been the stand out CB this season and drop Upson who's probably only there as he's left footed.  I'd have also took Adam Johnson instead of Milner/Carrick as he can provide something different and a bit of balance to the team.  Finally i'd have Bent over Heskey who is woeful.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind