October 22, 2019, 03:03:40 AM

Author Topic: which 7 aint gonna make it then?  (Read 11927 times)

June 01, 2010, 02:08:25 AM
Reply #45

bluestevie

carrick was gash v mexico, dawson deserves to go over upson as does johnson. heskey i can see why, even though bent is a better finisher, capello has picked him. its so he has that option of a target man if crouch gets injured
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

June 01, 2010, 02:20:40 AM
Reply #46

Haile GAZrselassie

This website claims the names have been leaked and here's the players, don't know if its true but we will find out tomorrow.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/arsenal/capellos-squad-sheet-leaked

Green, James, Hart, Johnson, Carragher, Terry, King, Upson, Ferdinand, Cole A, Baines, Walcott, Lennon, Cole, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey.

For one i'd take Dawson who's been the stand out CB this season and drop Upson who's probably only there as he's left footed.  I'd have also took Adam Johnson instead of Milner/Carrick as he can provide something different and a bit of balance to the team.  Finally i'd have Bent over Heskey who is woeful.

So going off that then. He's left behind. Johnson, Warnock, Parker, Dawson, SWP, Huddlestone and Bent.

Michael Carrick over Tom Huddlestone is a scandal imo. But other than that it's fair enough. Huddlestone will be there for years to come.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

June 01, 2010, 03:05:42 AM
Reply #47

Derek

Carrick has been so pants it's unbelievable.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

June 01, 2010, 03:09:35 AM
Reply #48

Gash

Global Moderator
This website claims the names have been leaked and here's the players, don't know if its true but we will find out tomorrow.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/arsenal/capellos-squad-sheet-leaked

Green, James, Hart, Johnson, Carragher, Terry, King, Upson, Ferdinand, Cole A, Baines, Walcott, Lennon, Cole, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey.

For one i'd take Dawson who's been the stand out CB this season and drop Upson who's probably only there as he's left footed.  I'd have also took Adam Johnson instead of Milner/Carrick as he can provide something different and a bit of balance to the team.  Finally i'd have Bent over Heskey who is woeful.

So that's it then(if true). The hopes of a nation lay on these poor souls shoulders. I don't envy them.

I bet the Spains and Brazils etc are shitting themselves.

June 01, 2010, 04:52:41 AM
Reply #49

Sharky

For one i'd take Dawson who's been the stand out CB this season and drop Upson who's probably only there as he's left footed.  I'd have also took Adam Johnson instead of Milner/Carrick as he can provide something different and a bit of balance to the team.  Finally i'd have Bent over Heskey who is woeful.
thats the list i would of said.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

June 01, 2010, 04:56:27 AM
Reply #50

Endless, Nameless

Carrick has been so pants it's unbelievable.

And Heskey.

And Upson.

And Barry.

Deary me.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 01, 2010, 03:26:04 PM
Reply #51

everton-4-ever

barry shocking if he is hurt still
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

June 01, 2010, 07:05:49 PM
Reply #52

ilikebrunettes

Walcott not in the squad by all accounts.

Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 01, 2010, 07:09:45 PM
Reply #53

Wittmann

Walcott not in the squad by all accounts.

I think he's right not starting in the first 11, But dropping him from the entire squad im not sure about.

June 01, 2010, 07:10:29 PM
Reply #54

cad

Bent as well, according to SSN. Not a surprise.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 01, 2010, 07:14:54 PM
Reply #55

ilikebrunettes

Adam Johnson is out.

SWP is Cappello taking the piss????

June 01, 2010, 07:19:55 PM
Reply #56

cad

Adam Johnson is out.

Haven't heard that one yet?

Not looking great though...
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

June 01, 2010, 07:21:23 PM
Reply #57

evertonjoe

Disspointed that Johnson's not in would have been good to have an actual left footer with pace playing down the wing

R.A.P Music

June 01, 2010, 07:22:03 PM
Reply #58

bluestevie

Adam Johnson is out.

nope swp is a pacy winger, who can actually run at defenders without falling over like walcott
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

June 01, 2010, 07:22:53 PM
Reply #59

ilikebrunettes

nope swp is a pacy winger, who can actually run at defenders without falling over like walcott

ha ha, since when??? he is utter shite, cant trap a ball, and only ability is running into defenders.