October 19, 2019, 02:07:29 PM

Author Topic: which 7 aint gonna make it then?  (Read 11922 times)

June 02, 2010, 05:49:35 AM
Reply #90

Dr. Sponge

Contrary to popular belief on here, I actually believe England can go a long way.

I personally wanted Baines and Adam Johnson to go, and I thought Walcott was a definite for the squad. But I think Capello is in a better position than all of us to judge these players, playing in the system he thinks is best for the team.

I also have no criticism for the players who made the squad, not even Heskey. For all the comments about his goal statistics, it's common knowledge that his presence and work rate creates opportunities for the players around him.

Darrent Bent has scored a lot of goals this season, but ultimately if Capello doesn't think he's good enough (rightly so IMO), then he won't allow himself to be blackmailed by goal statistics.

June 02, 2010, 05:56:54 AM
Reply #91

evertonjoe

Be funny if Cole gets injured and Donovan rapes Warnock in the first game!

Hopefully not literally as that would just be disturbing

R.A.P Music

June 02, 2010, 05:58:20 AM
Reply #92

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Be funny if Cole gets injured and Donovan rapes Warnock in the first game!
:shock:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:00:10 AM by Verminator »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 02, 2010, 05:59:06 AM
Reply #93

Gash

Global Moderator
Hopefully not literally as that would just be disturbing

Callum would Sky+ that.

June 02, 2010, 06:01:02 AM
Reply #94

Endless, Nameless

Callum would be sitting in the stands, camera in one hand, tissue in the other to see that.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 02, 2010, 06:25:26 AM
Reply #95

Ridge

Is that the first time gash has seen you coming?  :titanic:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:33:15 AM by Ridge »

June 02, 2010, 01:38:24 PM
Reply #96

ilikebrunettes

Emile Heskey, striker, 58 caps 7 goals. Rene Higuita, keeper, 68 caps 8 goals. Jose Luis Chilavert, keeper, 74 caps 8 goals.  :snigger:

Although in some defence of Heskey.

Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals. Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals.

thats a disgrace IMO. Im sick of people saying we should pick Heskey cos it helps Rooney, well he needs to pull his finger out and start playing with other strikers ffs

Lets just pick 10 centre backs.... should help Robert Green no?
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 02, 2010, 06:11:17 PM
Reply #97

.Rimbo.

June 02, 2010, 06:12:40 PM
Reply #98

.Rimbo.

thats a disgrace IMO. Im sick of people saying we should pick Heskey cos it helps Rooney, well he needs to pull his finger out and start playing with other strikers ffs

It's because Rooney is one of England's only match-winners; he's potentially going to be as lethal as Messi or Ronaldo in the tournament and because the squad is quite shit, it makes sense to try and get the best out of a player that can win games on his own.

June 02, 2010, 07:19:36 PM
Reply #99

Gash

Global Moderator

I was just trying to make poor old Emile look a bit better. Personally I wouldn't have had him in the 30 let alone the 23.

June 02, 2010, 07:27:23 PM
Reply #100

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's because Rooney is one of England's only match-winners; he's potentially going to be as lethal as Messi or Ronaldo in the tournament and because the squad is quite shit, it makes sense to try and get the best out of a player that can win games on his own.

This is true.

Picking Heskey is one of the few things that England managers have done to try and improve the team.

His inclusion is the opposite of trying to squeeze Lampard and Gerrard in and it not working.

Although, I do think that it's reached the point where he's been that bad and Rooney has improved as a lone striker, where a different option could be played.

June 03, 2010, 06:26:22 AM
Reply #101

ToffeeBlue83

Is it me or do we have the worst set of goalkeepers for a long time?? I personally rate Hart but he is too inexperienced to be thrown straight into a World Cup, he could have done with playing in a few qualifiers. The odds are Robert Green will start though I'm not entirely convinced with him either, James is just an accident waiting to happen!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:52:12 PM by ToffeeBlue83 »
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog