0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
1 (1.5%)
Alcaraz (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool - Slippy G's Testimonial  (Read 29330 times)

February 05, 2015, 06:18:01 AM
Read 29330 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Liverpool FC
Goodison Park
Saturday 7th January 17:30
Premier League Match #24

Everton - Last 5 domestic matches

Everton 1-1 West Ham - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Manchester City (Naismith)
West Ham 2-2 (9-8 pens) Everton - FA Cup (Mirallas, Lukaku)
Everton 0-0 West Brom
Crystal Palace 0-1 Everton (Lukaku)

Liverpool - Last 5 domestic matches

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea - League Cup (Sterling)
Liverpool 0-0 Bolton - FA Cup
Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool - League Cup
Liverpool 2-0 West Ham (Sterling, Sturridge)
Bolton 1-2 Liverpool - FA Cup (Sterling, Coutinho)

Everton

Everton's 1-0 victory away to Crystal Palace ended an 8 match streak without a win in all competitions and a run of 5 straight away defeats in the Premier League. However, if you're an optimist then Everton extended their unbeaten run to 5 matches in all competitions (excluding penalty shoot-outs) as they kept back to back clean sheets for the first time since April 2014. Romelu Lukaku is the only player in Everton's squad with more than one goal in the Merseyside Derby thanks to a brace he scored in this fixture last season. Everton haven't won a Merseyside Derby since 2010, failing to win any of the last 9 fixtures, though Everton hold the record over Liverpool with a run of 14 matches unbeaten during the 1940's.

John Stones and Phil Jagielka have only been paired together in the centre of defence this season in 6 Premier League matches and have conceded just 5 goals and being responsible for 3 of Everton's 4 clean sheets this season. Last season's preferred partnership of Sylvain Distin and Phil Jagielka have conceded 23 goals in 11 matches when they've started together this season, including 10 goals in the opening three fixtures of the league season. Everton have only managed to keep a clean sheet in two of the last 16 Premier League matches against Liverpool and have conceded 29 goals in 14 of those fixtures, scoring just 12 goals themselves over the 16 fixtures.

Possible Line ups

Liverpool

Liverpool recorded their third league win in a row with a 2-0 victory against West Ham United at Anfield last weekend, stretching their unbeaten league run to 7 matches. Liverpool top the form table with 16 points from a possible 18 in recent weeks and only Manchester City (14) have taken more points over the last 6 away matches than the reds (12). Liverpool will face their 7th match in 21 days during this fixture, including four cup matches which seen them exit the league cup at the semi final stage and beat Bolton after a replay in the FA Cup. By comparison, this will be Everton's third match in the same period. Steven Gerrard has 10 goals agianst the Toffees as he approaches what is likely to be his last match against Everton but all but two of his goals have come at Anfield, the last at Goodison Park came in a 3-1 win back in March 2005.

Liverpool are yet to lose a derby match under the leadership of Brendan Rodgers but they've only managed to win one of the 5 matches during his tenure. Liverpool's recent league record in this fixture is impressive having only lost one of the last 16 Premier League meetings (W8, D7, L1). Everton are one of six current Premier League sides yet to be on the winning side against Brendan Rodgers with relative newcomers QPR, Leicester and Burnley on the list alongside his former side Swansea City, who are yet to win in 5 matches against the reds and Sunderland who have failed to any of their 6 matches.

Statistics & Injuries

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:29:03 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 05, 2015, 06:20:51 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
COYB

February 05, 2015, 07:14:12 AM
Reply #2

BrotherEstapol

COYB

It seems like so long ago...

I'd like a few more goals of this calibre on the weekend, preferably without us conceding.

February 05, 2015, 08:46:14 AM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Cautiously optimistic on this one.

Least I've really cared about a derby for a long time though
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 05, 2015, 11:21:12 AM
Reply #4

bacon sarnie

Oh, fuck off - they just beat Bolton. 5-0 us!

Aye................... :thumbsup:

February 05, 2015, 01:57:59 PM
Reply #5

Trowel

Posted this a few weeks ago, but here's a reminder to cheer us all up!

* 1 league win in 8 years
* 2 league wins in 10 years
* 3 league wins in 15 years (!!!) - P30 W3 D11 L16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby#Full_list_of_results
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 05, 2015, 02:36:08 PM
Reply #6

Juanito

Posted this a few weeks ago, but here's a reminder to cheer us all up!

* 1 league win in 8 years
* 2 league wins in 10 years
* 3 league wins in 15 years (!!!) - P30 W3 D11 L16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby#Full_list_of_results

13 sendings off from us in recent years and a two in the same game in a few of them. Reminds me of some real unsettling performances from referrers. Neville and Hibbert sendings off. Gerrard sky diving into Hibbo, making them both fall over then insisting that Clattenberg produces a red not yellow. Kuyt challenge in same game.

Most recently, Sterling getting protection from being sent off at Goodison after Gerrard sweet talks the ref.

Then the Rodwell fair challenge that was eventually rescinded. Hutchinson 'goal' a few years back.  I can even remember Pat Nevin being taken out in the penalty area in a 0-0 at Anfield and nothing given.

Lets hope Gerrard gets sent off and we batter em. COYB!

February 05, 2015, 07:00:00 PM
Reply #7

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Hi Shogs :)

Im dreading this, i want to beat them always, but even more so after hearing about the advert. They make me sick, so do the media, i hope we ruin every cunts day on Saturday.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 05, 2015, 07:04:14 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
Hi Shogs :)

Im dreading this, i want to beat them always, but even more so after hearing about the advert. They make me sick, so do the media, i hope we ruin every cunts day on Saturday.

This is why you're my favourite and GLewis is on the hit list.

February 05, 2015, 07:06:55 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
This is why you're my favourite and GLewis is on the hit list.

:D

February 05, 2015, 07:35:39 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

Without McCarthy, the most I can hope for is a draw with no goal or assist for Gerrard.  Oh, and that Besic manages to kick him in the nuts without getting carded.  That would truly make my Derby Day.

We're on grownup NBC in the USA this week!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 05, 2015, 08:22:25 PM
Reply #11

Django

NSNO Subscriber
We haven't beaten this shower since 2010. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous how much of a bogey team they are for us.

5 years. I feel like I haven't even experienced a win against them it's been that long.

Just looking at their team has made me feel a bit more confident.

Gerrard will obviously have a derby moment with it being his last game, but he's nothing compared to what he was, he could potentially be exposed if we have someone nipping away at him.

As for the latest batch of rubbish that Rodgers has instilled, I don't think they're too far away from looking like a Hodgson side. They're all reveling in it at the moment after beating Villa and West Ham - to the point that some whopper in work told me they're still going to win the league because no one saw it coming last season!

I think Sterling will be a danger due to his pace, as will Markovic. Extra green peppers will also be a threat from the bench.

But looking at their likely team, I can't see too much to worry about.

Skrtel is probably their best defender. Sakho is dreadful. Emre Can is another next best *insert world beater here*, which they have all kinds of.

As for Henderson, he's the leagues most over-rated player. How he's in the England set up is beyond me. If he's worthy of a nailed down starting place, then Mark Noble should be captain.

Lallana and Coutinho? Say hello to Mo Besic. One hard challenge from him and they'll be crying for their Mummy's. Absolute lady boys.

It's up to Everton this one. If we play well we'll win. If we do our usual and pay them too much respect then they'll beat us.

It's a 5.30 kick off with the old lady under the floods - if that's not enough to get us going then I think we'll still be waiting for a win come 2020.

February 05, 2015, 08:28:13 PM
Reply #12

Ross

I wonder whether Gerrard will be on the bench for is.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 05, 2015, 09:00:20 PM
Reply #13

bertcocaine

With a bit of luck, Gerrard's 'derby moment' will be similar to his swan song for England, or his last chance at the title against Chelsea last season.

Or he'll try and make that early derby tackle to set the tone, and end up getting stretchered off.

Or red carded. How fucking sweet would that be in the third minute.
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

February 05, 2015, 09:05:20 PM
Reply #14

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Without McCarthy, the most I can hope for is a draw with no goal or assist for Gerrard.  Oh, and that Besic manages to kick him in the nuts without getting carded.  That would truly make my Derby Day.

We're on grownup NBC in the USA this week!

Bobby has rubbished the injury recurrence and said that McCarthy will be in the squad ready for selection.