0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
1 (1.5%)
Alcaraz (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool - Slippy G's Testimonial  (Read 29061 times)

February 06, 2015, 05:22:53 AM
Reply #60

Simon Paul

Administrator
this is my letter of complaint to Sky....

I wonder if Sky would like to explain the advert for the 224th Merseyside derby this Saturday, which seems to have almost completely forgotten about Steven Gerrard's involvement.

Steven Gerrard has contributed some of the most incredible moments in English football history, from lifting the Premier League trophy a record 37 times - before the security at Old Trafford managed to eject him - to selecting only the finest music to be played at Anfield every week, no matter what the DJ might have to say about it.

He has shown us some of the finest drives a footballer could ever display, although we won't talk about that one time where he was out driving and he ran that little boy over.

It is an absolute disgrace that this servant to the English game has been completely overlooked in your advert.  The man has taken on another man's children for crying out loud, and yet you treat him with such distain.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I bet Martin Tyler hasn't even been practising his exclamations of Gerrard's name for the 17 hours a day that he's supposed to either.  Disgraceful lack of respect to the man who once told the Daily Mail that he would "have a word" if he saw a team-mate diving, despite he himself giving Tom Daly a run for his money.

Out of a 40 second advert for a football match involving two teams there was at least 3 seconds where Steven Gerrard was either not on screen or not being talked about, and that is unforgivable.  Gary Naysmith would probably have been able to fill those three seconds by showing us the stud marks from Gerrard's boots that he left on his belly all those years ago.

At least I'll be at the match so I won't have to suffer this injustice during the game itself.  I have my Steven Gerrard prayer mat at the ready and will be wearing a suit I made out of his toenails.  Well, I say I made it, I stole it from Jamie Carragher.

February 06, 2015, 05:38:54 AM
Reply #61

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha. Because Carragher proper sucks Gerrards tits.

February 06, 2015, 06:49:35 AM
Reply #62

Ridge

I think it was always going to be sold that way, at least in large part.

Its some good motivation if some was needed, piss on his media parade.

I'm looking forward to someone pissing on his birthday cake too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:49:52 AM by Ridge »

February 06, 2015, 02:06:30 PM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's gone very RAWK in here

February 06, 2015, 04:06:51 PM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
                        I just had a thought jimmy.i wonder how many on here has a scarf with the two clubs on,me personally i have a job eating a fuckin tomato
If anyone has one they should be instantly banned, dragged onto the street and bally should batter them to an inch of their life

Simply simply lovely

February 06, 2015, 05:22:39 PM
Reply #65

cjohno100

please dont play mcgeady :(  i want 4-5-1  with besic barry mcarthy in centre, lennon and mirallas wide and lukaku up top when we have the ball switch to a 4-3-3 get lennon and mirallas on the ball, take advantage of their 3 at the back, hit them fast on break down the flanks :) or just kick fk out of sterling and coutinho. either will suffice

February 06, 2015, 05:35:58 PM
Reply #66

Bluedylan

Assuming they play wingbacks, and three at the back, the wide areas are going to be crucial. In theory, our joy when we have possession should come from doubling up fullbacks with wide players to outnumber their wingbacks, and when they have possession, leaving our wide men high up the pitch ready for the counter when we win the ball back and when Moreno and Markovic are committed forward.

So in that sense, although he wasn't my ideal signing, assuming he's right physically, I'd play Lennon over McGeady for that extra pace to get in behind Moreno, who is good offensively but absolutely dogshite at the other end.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:36:52 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2015, 05:39:40 PM
Reply #67

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is what's so great about living overseas, you don't get caught up in the nonsense. I didn't think the ad was that bad, but I'm not living in it every day as you guys are. I doubt I'll even get to see much of the match as I'll be at work, and I rarely see any build up to the game.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 06, 2015, 05:44:17 PM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

The combination of Gerrard, Tyler, Niall Quinn and Jamie Redknapp all being in the same place might cause a rupture in the time-space continuum, and even those in America can't avoid one of those.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2015, 05:53:10 PM
Reply #69

Ross

The combination of Gerrard, Tyler, Niall Quinn and Jamie Redknapp all being in the same place might cause a rupture in the time-space continuum, and even those in America can't avoid one of those.

If Niall Qunns commentating on this I fear for my tv, in fact it might be worth buying shares in Currys as I'm sure I won't be the only blue to attack the telly.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 06, 2015, 06:53:56 PM
Reply #70

toffee_scot

Not particularly surprising from Sky unfortunately. They were always going to big it up as if it was Steven Gerrards testimonial and sadly that is what is going to attract a lot of football fans to watching this game - they will want to see how he does.

It's Everton's job to spoil the party and remind everyone who we are.

February 06, 2015, 07:05:23 PM
Reply #71

Toddacelli

It's gone very RAWK in here

Cruel and unusual provocation though Ram.

That advert is a dirty, disease-ridden, blood-stained elastoplast in the piss-filled pool of airtime.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 06, 2015, 07:06:26 PM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

At least we'll have the element of surprise. After seeing that advert they'll shit themselves when we run out onto the pitch.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 06, 2015, 07:25:12 PM
Reply #73

Django

NSNO Subscriber
In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would love it if we beat them.

February 06, 2015, 07:49:48 PM
Reply #74

bacon sarnie

I'll be watching it on a Spanish station if its on telly - NBC America online if not. Refuse to deal with BBC/SKY/ITV cronyism or Michael Owen bleating like a sheep about to be sheared.

We will win this and send them all to fuck.