3 (6.8%)
McCarthy (Sub)
1 (2.3%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Gibson (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 21969 times)

February 09, 2015, 02:12:07 AM
Read 21969 times

Shogun

Administrator

Chelsea FC v Everton FC
Stamford Bridge
Wednesday 11th February 20:00
Premier League Match #25

Chelsea- Last Five Matches

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea - League Cup (Hazard Pen)
Chelsea 2-4 Bradford - FA Cup (Cahill, Ramires)
Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool - League Cup (Ivanovic)
Chelsea 1-1 Man City (Remy)
Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea (Hazard, Ivanovic)

Everton - Last Five Matches

Everton 1-1 Man City (Naismith)
West Ham 2-2 9-8 Pens Everton - FA Cup (Mirallas, Lukaku)
Everton 0-0 West Brom
Crystal Palace 0-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 0-0 Liverpool

Chelsea

Chelsea recorded their 17th win in 24 Premier League matches with a 2-1 away win against Aston Villa at the weekend to extend their lead at the top of the table seven points after Manchester City were held to a draw at home to Hull City. Chelsea have taken 31 points from their 11 matches during their unbeaten home record this season. Chelsea are one of just two sides to score in every home match this season alongside Arsenal and they've conceded just four goals at home, which is only bettered by Bayern Munich (3) across the top five European leagues this season. Chelsea will be without the Premier League's top scorer Diego Costa who is serving the end of his three match suspension, only Lacazette (21), Messi (22) and Ronaldo (28) have scored more goals across Europe this season.

Branislav Ivanovic has played every single minute of Chelsea's premier league campaign this season and the Serbian scored the winner in Chelsea's last match against Aston Villa for his fourth goal in all competitions this season. Seamus Coleman recorded Everton's only shot on target in the Merseyside derby last weekend and has three goals in all competitions. Only Martin Kelly (59), Nathaniel Clyne (55) and Joel Ward (52) have made more successful tackles from defenders than Ivanovic (51) in the league although the Serbian has has better tackle success rate than those players whilst the only defender with more take ons than Seamus Coleman (27) this season is Santiago Vergini (36) from Sunderland.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton put together their third clean sheet in as many games during an uneventful 0-0 draw against close rivals Liverpool to extend an unbeaten run to four matches in the league, only behind Liverpool who have gone eight matches unbeaten. Everton ended a run of five defeats in a row away from home in their last away match which resulted in victory over Crystal Palace. Only Aston Villa (7), Leicester City (9) and QPR (11) have managed to lose more than Everton's six away matches, yet only Chelsea (12), Manchester City (12), Arsenal (11) and Tottenham (10) have scored in more away fixtures than Everton (9) this season. Steven Naismith has scored in three of his last four appearances against Chelsea.

Although Everton have joint the least amount of matches against top half teams among the other bottom half clubs, the Toffees have managed just one victory which came against West Ham United in a 2-1 win at Goodison Park earlier this season. By contrast Chelsea have only faltered against two sides currently in the bottom half having won 10 of their 12 matches but drawing away to Sunderland and losing 2-1 away to Newcastle United. An unlikely win at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday would take Everton to the top of the above table, joint with the North East side. The reverse fixture of this match ended in a 6-3 win for Chelsea which is still the most goals scored in a Premier League match this season.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 09, 2015, 02:53:53 AM
Reply #1

hill135

I'm usually optimistic, but I've not got a good feeling about this.

I'd play with Lennon from the start.

February 09, 2015, 02:54:44 AM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

They aren't playing well at all. Not saying we are but without Costa and possibly Fabregas think we could nick a point.

February 09, 2015, 02:55:09 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd go with that side shoggers

Simply simply lovely

February 09, 2015, 03:01:09 AM
Reply #4

Cozzie

This would be a good game to start Lennon in I think.

Strangely looking forward to this one.

February 09, 2015, 03:20:21 AM
Reply #5

blob

This would be a good game to start Lennon in I think.

Strangely looking forward to this one.

me too. on a nothing to lose basis...

February 09, 2015, 03:21:05 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Oh ffs I'm going to miss this game too.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 09, 2015, 03:55:11 AM
Reply #7

wepull

With Besic and McCarthy in there, I would like to see Gibson there in place of Barry as his passing could be helpful with the pace of Mirallas and Lenon in the wings.

February 09, 2015, 04:12:06 AM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

Look on the bright side, it's a Wednesday fixture,  so it can't fuck up the weekend.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 09, 2015, 04:14:25 AM
Reply #9

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Think we'll get beat by the odd goal here.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 09, 2015, 05:31:44 AM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think we'll get beat by the odd goal here.

What like 3, 5, 7 etc?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 09, 2015, 06:13:39 AM
Reply #11

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think we have as much to fear against these as we would with Costa and a fully fit Fabregas.

The defence looked great in the derby and suddenly we have 3 clean sheets in a row.

I think we could win this one if we manage to create a bit more than we did against the shite, which I think we will with the psychological factor against them being gone.

February 09, 2015, 02:23:13 PM
Reply #12

Alanvideo

Be happy to get a point here and ,if we score first ,I'm quite confident we can hang on. Baines might be back ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 09, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
Reply #13

Paddockoldie

This is a game for Barkley to play in. I agree with the Gibson call in place of Barrie. Watched MOTD and he made some terrible errors which Chelsea would punish us for. Lennon to start too. Rom will want this game too... feel a bit more hopeful against these.

February 09, 2015, 05:39:10 PM
Reply #14

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.