42 (71.2%)
Garbutt (Sub)
0 (0%)
Alcaraz (Sub)
0 (0%)
Atsu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Young Boys v Everton  (Read 34679 times)

February 15, 2015, 09:39:16 PM
Reply #45

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
People genuinely suggesting we rest people for this game? Fucking weird in here lately.
lot of people still claim they play on grass

February 16, 2015, 08:11:28 AM
Reply #46

Sprooly

6pm kickoff english time? bloody rubbish time, not looking forward to the 5am kickoff time here!

even throughout our awful run in December I was still hoping we would kick into gear by the time the Europa League Knockouts roll around... just praying naismith or barkley don't end up playing wide

February 16, 2015, 05:32:19 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

When we've played in Europe this season, I tend to have a butcher's at the opposing team's forum just to try to get an idea of what they reckon and where they're at before the game. I am a bit dubious about typing 'Young Boys forum' into a search engine and the potential subsequent arrest. So, more than anything, I'm writing this comment as potential evidence in my defence for the trial (hopefully saying that doesn't invalidate it)
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 16, 2015, 05:39:52 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

It hasn't started well. The first forum I've tried to enter wth the help of google translate genuinely has this message onscreen:

Information

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the board administrator for more information.

Your IP address has been blocked.

February 16, 2015, 05:41:21 PM
Reply #49

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Try Young Boys, Switzerland, Proffessional FOOTBALL CLUB, forum....... Just in case!

Simply simply lovely

February 16, 2015, 05:47:09 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It hasn't started well. The first forum I've tried to enter wth the help of google translate genuinely has this message onscreen:

That must have been the Liverpool FC Norwegian fans forum you stumbled on.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 16, 2015, 07:19:31 PM
Reply #51

marky v

Hope we start with as strong as we can put out, i'd rather not risk players who are managing injuries but if everyone is 100% then Mirallas and McCarthy are big players for us, we need to repair the damage our league form has done to our name and the only way of accepting this as a poor league season is by showing something in Europe, what's the point of going out of this competition to chase something like 8th in the league? when this competition can be the reason we've suffered by going out and challenging for the trophy

February 16, 2015, 07:53:23 PM
Reply #52

goodtouchforabigman

Try Young Boys, Switzerland, Proffessional FOOTBALL CLUB, forum....... Just in case!
What ever you do don't type in "Fan Sites of Young Boys"

February 16, 2015, 09:44:04 PM
Reply #53

Everton Mint

We might not think much of them, being only Swiss... but they have vastly more European experience than us as a club and as players...

Appearances in UEFA Champions League:  7
Appearances in UEFA Cup Winners' Cup:  3
Appearances in UEFA Europa League:  11

Player with most UEFA appearances: 46
Marco Wölfli (  SUI)

Top scorers in UEFA club competitions: 7
Eugen Meier (  SUI)
Ernst Wechselberger (  GER)
Raśl Bobadilla (  ARG)

February 16, 2015, 10:27:42 PM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

I think us lot are severely under-estimating them personally. Don't imagine it'll be that way for the manager and the players, but it could be tricky. Get the feeling on here and people you talk to basically think they're shite cos they've got a silly name and (as stated above) they're Swiss.

Only needs us to be a bit lax on Thursday, and we could find ourselves needing a massive performance at Goodison to squeeze through. Hopefully we're on it this week.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:28:56 PM by Bluedylan »

February 16, 2015, 10:30:58 PM
Reply #55

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think us lot are severely under-estimating them personally. Don't imagine it'll be that way for the manager and the players, but it could be tricky. Get the feeling on here and people you talk to basically think they're shite cos they've got a silly name and (as stated above) they're Swiss.

Only needs us to be a bit lax on Thursday, and we could find ourselves needing a massive performance at Goodison to squeeze through. Hopefully we're on it this week.

Just seeing Basel beat Liverpool and Chelsea in recent years shows we shouldn't take this lightly and lets face it, we aren't exactly playing well are we.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:31:38 PM by Jimmywhack »

Simply simply lovely

February 16, 2015, 10:36:25 PM
Reply #56

Shogun

Administrator
I think the away leg will be tough but destroy them at home as we did Wolfsburg and Lille.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:36:40 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 16, 2015, 11:55:22 PM
Reply #57

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Given Kone's comments I think he's getting a start.

February 17, 2015, 12:05:54 AM
Reply #58

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Given Kone's comments I think he's getting a start.
What's he said?
Wouldn't be against him starting, keep it tight, then let lukaku at em last 25

Simply simply lovely

February 17, 2015, 12:07:48 AM
Reply #59

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What's he said?
Wouldn't be against him starting, keep it tight, then let lukaku at em last 25

The usual really, eager to take his chance etc. Would make sense to start him and giving Lukaku a break isn't a bad idea with as you say, him remaining an option from the bench