42 (71.2%)
Garbutt (Sub)
0 (0%)
Alcaraz (Sub)
0 (0%)
Atsu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Young Boys v Everton  (Read 34463 times)

February 20, 2015, 05:50:31 AM
Reply #720

Gash

Global Moderator
It'll be an interesting team selection on Thursday.

I'd hope after humping Leicester he'll still got for it, one goal conceded and it's slightly nervous, two goals and you start worrying a little. I don't see them turning it around but they could still make hard work of it, they need to come and go for it.

February 20, 2015, 06:00:22 AM
Reply #721

bluestevie

Gutted I missed that now, work was bloody shite so getting score updates helped me through it. Caught the goals on the ITV website, Rom's hat trick goal was superb
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 20, 2015, 06:19:03 AM
Reply #722

Rhys

My Sky box failed to record the match despite me sending a request via their app 4 hours earlier! SO annoyed.

Can anyone give me a gist of what went down? Was it an all encompassing thumping win like the score suggests? Is Stones now banned for 3 cup matches?

It was a thumping, could easily have been a few more. Even after we went down to 10 we could have 2 or 3 more goals.

We just had a great zip about our play, passed the ball really quickly and the players seemed really confident to get on the ball and move it around. Players like Barkley who have been really poor recently suddenly had the confidence flowing, he was getting on the ball, keeping it, receiving it with players around him and having the belief to turn them, win free kicks, go past players. Barry another who has been in poor form was brilliant all night, won anything that was near him, moved the ball well and got a couple of assists. Lukaku was fantastic, not just his goals his all round play was brilliant.

Stones was a bit shaky on a few occasions and just panicked after he made a mistake. Hopefully a one game ban, would be in the prem so hoping the same rules apply.

If it had finished 6 or 7 goals couldn't have argued we had the chances to get that. Lukaku missed 2 sitters after his hat trick which he doesn't normally do. They missed a pen, Howard made one brilliant save and McCarthy made a great clearance off the line onto the post. Plus our second goal was offside so a lot went for us also, but I think the way the players went out there and performed they deserved those breaks and got a result they more than deserved.

February 20, 2015, 07:37:12 AM
Reply #723

Cuttyblue

Would like to hear from anybody in Bern last night: how was the day out?

This was the RM Everton when it works best... yes we looked a little too vulnerable as they came through midfield in the first half but it was a dominant Everton attacking display, great win, fully deserved.

February 20, 2015, 07:41:56 AM
Reply #724

Alfie Noakes

Would like to hear from anybody in Bern last night: how was the day out?

This was the RM Everton when it works best... yes we looked a little too vulnerable as they came through midfield in the first half but it was a dominant Everton attacking display, great win, fully deserved.

I would too!

I wish all the 4000 a creative night and a safe journey home   ;D

February 20, 2015, 08:31:39 AM
Reply #725

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
It was a thumping, could easily have been a few more. Even after we went down to 10 we could have 2 or 3 more goals.

We just had a great zip about our play, passed the ball really quickly and the players seemed really confident to get on the ball and move it around. Players like Barkley who have been really poor recently suddenly had the confidence flowing, he was getting on the ball, keeping it, receiving it with players around him and having the belief to turn them, win free kicks, go past players. Barry another who has been in poor form was brilliant all night, won anything that was near him, moved the ball well and got a couple of assists. Lukaku was fantastic, not just his goals his all round play was brilliant.

Stones was a bit shaky on a few occasions and just panicked after he made a mistake. Hopefully a one game ban, would be in the prem so hoping the same rules apply.

If it had finished 6 or 7 goals couldn't have argued we had the chances to get that. Lukaku missed 2 sitters after his hat trick which he doesn't normally do. They missed a pen, Howard made one brilliant save and McCarthy made a great clearance off the line onto the post. Plus our second goal was offside so a lot went for us also, but I think the way the players went out there and performed they deserved those breaks and got a result they more than deserved.

Cheers Rhys. Managed to catch a torrent of the game so managed to see it in the end. Great display against a team who aren't mugs at home.

Our Euro journey continues.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 20, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
Reply #726

Cods

Cheers Rhys. Managed to catch a torrent of the game so managed to see it in the end.
Do tell. A pm would be superb. :)

February 20, 2015, 09:25:43 AM
Reply #727

Cods

Will be on the site tmoro morning x
I will be tuned in.  :)

Ahh the tyranny of distance...

But alas, the papers will no doubt enliven the spirit.
"Bern-out?" with a big pic of Rom waving to the crowd...

February 20, 2015, 02:27:35 PM
Reply #728

Bally

Administrator
Don't know if they'll shoe the lead up to the pen, but McCarthy is right in his face, and u swear he said your gonna bottle it, put it over  the bar, could've said you're fucking shit and I've snagged ya mar for all I know.
It's the roll I way

February 20, 2015, 02:50:09 PM
Reply #729

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know if they'll shoe the lead up to the pen, but McCarthy is right in his face, and u swear he said your gonna bottle it, put it over  the bar, could've said you're fucking shit and I've snagged ya mar for all I know.

I love james Mccarthy. he's got captain written all over him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 20, 2015, 02:54:15 PM
Reply #730

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Colemans celebration at the pen miss was brilliant.

Fucking loves it that lad.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:54:45 PM by TheRam »