6 (9.5%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Besic (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Everton v Young Boys  (Read 20301 times)

February 26, 2015, 08:50:41 PM
Reply #45

Everton Mint

UEFA Europa League ‏@EuropaLeague 
Glorious day in Merseyside as @Everton await the visit of @YBchannel, leading 4-1 from the first leg.

February 26, 2015, 08:53:08 PM
Reply #46

Everton Mint

YB fans travel in numbers:

More than 2,000 Young Boys fans are expected to make the trip to Merseyside – and Sutter has highlighted the importance of rewarding the commitment shown by the travelling supporters.

He added: “It doesn’t matter where we play because the fans will always be with us and we know the atmosphere they produce is outstanding.

“I think back to the Liverpool game in England a couple of years ago and people were maybe a bit surprised by how loud the fans were.

“The fans are travelling even with the situation we are in and with the time and money it involves coming over here, so I think that shows how good the support is for the team.”

February 26, 2015, 09:14:01 PM
Reply #47

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry, I still giggle when I read anything that says fans of Young Boys.

Just to confirm that I mean in relation to the team Young Boys, nothing Yew Tree related etc.

February 26, 2015, 09:44:52 PM
Reply #48

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Bobby needs to field a strong side in this. We do not want a gang of rezzies out there - can you imagine the atmosphere if we concede 2 early goals?

We're still going to have a tough game on our hands here, I don't think they'll turn up with a bad attitude ala Lille.

I'd give Gibson a run out in the Barkley role, let's see what he can do a bit further forward with his passing range. Atsu is out, so he'll have to start Kev. Hopefully see a couple of cameos from Pienaar and Osman (remember them!!??)

It will be nice to be looking at the next round come 10pm on here. COYB!!

February 26, 2015, 10:02:55 PM
Reply #49

blue slug

Is garbutt likely to start this game, has he signed a new contract yet?

February 26, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
Reply #50

blueski

think we have to field a side capable of getting the job done nothing more and nothing less, the less of our starting XI that plays with us getting a result the better. Naismith comes to mind as needing a rest probably lukaku too
Nil Satis

February 26, 2015, 10:32:04 PM
Reply #51

Lincs Toffee

Those players that are one yellow away from a ban should be rested, just our luck we will get someone like Napoli or the Shite and then wont have certain players to choose due to bad planning.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

February 26, 2015, 10:34:09 PM
Reply #52

Everton Mint

Although we got a great result in the first leg and had a lot of other chances, YB could also have scored 3 or 4.
We need to treat it as if the tie is 0-0 and pay them full respect...

The Independent:

The visitors will have a point to prove after their humiliation at the Stade de Suisse and their boss, Uli Forte, will undoubtedly have them fired up.

It is also not out the question, with the Toffees' defensive frailties being exposed once more during the 2-2 draw with Premier League bottom club Leicester City last weekend.

As leaders Chelsea proved earlier in the season, beating Roberto Martinez's side 6-3, it is possible to leave Goodison Park with a handsome victory.

Young Boys are second in the Swiss league, winning seven of their last eight games, and they are only five points off leaders Basel.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:35:28 PM by Everton Mint »

February 26, 2015, 10:37:12 PM
Reply #53

Lincs Toffee

Young Boys away record is pretty poor by all accounts which is encouraging, also they are going to have to chase the game leaving them more exposed at the back for our counter attack, so by all accounts it should be an easy game to consolidate our lead, however this is Everton and we never make things easy.
COYB !!
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

February 26, 2015, 10:41:20 PM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hope someone marks whoareyou a bit better than last week, he seemed their main threat

Simply simply lovely

February 26, 2015, 10:52:54 PM
Reply #55

RB1878

Is garbutt likely to start this game, has he signed a new contract yet?

Why would he be in over Baines or a fit again Oviedo (who barely gets a game himself)?

February 26, 2015, 10:55:16 PM
Reply #56

Ross

Why would he be in over Baines or a fit again Oviedo (who barely gets a game himself)?

Is Oviedo fit?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 26, 2015, 10:55:25 PM
Reply #57

blue slug

Was just thinking that if he is unhappy with lack of game time and hasnt signed his contract then it wold be an ideal game to give him minute son the pitch

February 26, 2015, 11:01:51 PM
Reply #58

Paddockoldie

Is Oviedo fit?

Depends on taste on what you're looking for cheeky!

February 26, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
Reply #59

MmmBlueRamirez

If we're not at least 4-nil up at half time I'm booing the telly.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama