October 21, 2018, 09:53:01 AM

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 35364 times)

March 03, 2015, 03:07:26 PM
Read 35364 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Those stats at the top of Shoguns's piece are appalling! On paper Jonathan Walters is more affective than Lukaku. And to have Naismith and Barkley playing off the striker (I know they've been played wide, but still part of an advanced supporting 3, behind the striker) with 1 assist between them is our biggest problem. Really needs sorting.

we need a schemer
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 03, 2015, 05:46:46 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Howard
Coleman Stones Jags Garbutt
McCarthy Barry
Gibson
Lennon Lukaku Mirallas

feel a draw in my head, but the old ticker says 3-0 the blues.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 03, 2015, 06:40:54 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
IMO no one should replace McCarthy

and as much as i like besic, i'm also worried about how long he takes on the ball, and i think those passes he attempts, gibson can pull off a bit better.

so maybe lose barry for gibson in a deep playmaking / possession carrying type role, and have gibson and mccarthy behind Barkley who plays a sort of free box-to-box role?

it's all gone very FIFA career mode in this post.

March 03, 2015, 08:47:55 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/241335/stoke-city-everton

Edit: it's mad how many opposition fans think Jagielka is slow.

stoke fans man

"Everton are a dirty team and I think we will do well to avoid getting sucked into a scrappy type game.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/241335/stoke-city-everton#ixzz3TKlw1gci"

March 05, 2015, 01:43:11 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
eplsite has links for all games, i normally find one there

what is this eplsite

March 05, 2015, 01:49:15 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've lost a lot of confidence in Barry this year. That was really poor in the middle from the man supposed to be our possession master.

March 05, 2015, 01:57:13 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why do Stoke fans keep booing Lennon?

March 05, 2015, 01:58:57 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Naismith makes us tick

He contributes certainly, but offer me steven pienaar in there for him and I'd bite your hand off. I'm becoming more and more convinced that Pienaar on the left and this team is a different animal.

March 05, 2015, 02:00:39 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Barry needs replacing.

March 05, 2015, 02:14:58 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You being sarcastic?

Yeah, totally, I mean did you see that defence splitting pass to Lennon? Pfft. Doesn't he know he's supposed to be chasing lost causes and bullying (???) defenders?

Shite him.

March 05, 2015, 02:18:41 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The pass down the line was fucking bang on obvious. Shite everton.

March 05, 2015, 02:58:56 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like steven Naismith, he pops up with goals and he is a menace in lots of ways, but he is not a good footballer.

March 05, 2015, 04:12:41 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It's disappointing as it has been a really tough two weeks. We showed that lack of cutting edge. Overall it was a pretty even game and I'm disappointed how we conceded the first goal as it is free header in the 18-yard box.
"I did feel that as a team we showed we had played a number of matches in a short period of time.
"The Europa League campaign is a bit obvious at the moment as it is a lot of games to play in a short period but as a club that is what we want, to play in Europe.
"The concern is a huge moment in the season, we have 10 games and we will treat them as finals. We are in this situation for many reasons but we are looking forward and up to get as high up in the table as we can.
"The desire and wanting for the result was there but the legs couldn't get there. We are ready to face the challenge straight on. We haven't got the results that our performances deserve.
"Everyone at the club, it's the moment to get together and make sure we finish the season strongly. We need bit of luck and momentum but it's not been that type of season."

can't see much wrong in that. sure there's something in there for the lads to poke fun at though.

March 05, 2015, 07:56:36 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Each time I see SSN replay that first goal I get more confused as to what the fuck Tim Howard thought he was doing.

yeah...it's a good header no doubt but howard doesn't get anywhere fucking near it. Would be very interested to hear a goalkeepers POV on his positioning and feet movement.