14 (25%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Atsu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Besic (Sub)
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 21818 times)

March 15, 2015, 02:20:26 AM
Reply #30

Yobo2008

We need to be at it from the start tomrrow....none of this sideways passing bullshit....intensity is needed.

March 15, 2015, 02:21:02 AM
Reply #31

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Having both games at home helps with recovery etc. Barry will be out, so the midfield should look fresher, same with Stones coming back in for Alcaraz (hopefully).

Maybe I'm guilty of having a bit too much faith, but I've heard the things I wanted to hear from Martinez and the players since Thursday, that I feel like I haven't heard so far this season, and I think the penny's dropping a bit. Anyway, talk is cheap, so we'll see.

I will be massively fucked off if we come out and play another tepid first 20-30 minutes. We'll find out tomorrow whether I'm being naive I suppose.

Oh and Newcastle are utter shite, so that helps.

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this.

March 15, 2015, 03:09:04 AM
Reply #32

Shogun

Administrator
People don't half love a cry.

Surprised some people have managed to survive Everton this long.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 15, 2015, 03:49:09 AM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We need to be at it from the start tomrrow....none of this sideways passing bullshit....intensity is needed.

I've been thinking, as we always seem to play sideways, why don't we just rotate the team 90 degrees (counter or clockwise depending on which way we're supposed to go) and then we'll be making in roads?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 15, 2015, 03:49:47 AM
Reply #34

Everton Mint

People don't half love a cry.

Surprised some people have managed to survive Everton this long.

People weren't crying for 11 years with David Moyes, or his inherited team last season.

We are Everton, we had our pride restored and we arent used to fighting relegation.

Last chance this next week for Martinez.

March 15, 2015, 04:17:49 AM
Reply #35

Simon Paul

Administrator
People weren't crying for 11 years with David Moyes, or his inherited team last season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Really?

You have THAT short a memory?

WOW!

"dithering Dave"

"negative Moyes"

"in Bill's pocket"

"bottler Moyes"

and that's just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head while he was the manager!

March 15, 2015, 05:33:29 AM
Reply #36

Redartin

We'll win tomorrow, lids. No probs.
Oh and Newcastle are utter shite, so that helps.
Mourinho said something similar about French football last week, and I'm sure City fans thought the same about Burnley earlier today.
First rule of any sport, Don't disrespect the opposition as every dog can have his day.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

March 15, 2015, 05:35:39 AM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Mourinho said something similar about French football last week, and I'm sure City fans thought the same about Burnley earlier today.
First rule of any sport, Don't disrespect the opposition as every dog can have his day.

That rule was amended to 'don't disrespect the opposition, unless it's Newcastle under John Carver'. You must've missed a meeting.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 15, 2015, 07:37:39 AM
Reply #38

Redartin

That rule was amended to 'don't disrespect the opposition, unless it's Newcastle under John Carver'. You must've missed a meeting.

Let's hope Bobby & the squad missed it to.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

March 15, 2015, 08:03:12 AM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we get our day then.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 15, 2015, 02:13:16 PM
Reply #40

Rodenplav64

I don't object to keeping possession by passing it around as to my mind it is simply about tempo and pass accuracy . We still passed it around in the 2nd half against Kiev and they couldn't get the ball off us . The wide players need to make the runs and Lukaku needs to move across the defenders to open up a pass otherwise it will just go sideways or backwards . Hopefully we can get 70 mins out of Leon as his brain has been seriously missed . Finally the fans need not to boo every fucking back pass and just get behind the team . I cringed watching Sunderlands fans yesterday and would hate to see ours ever stoop so fucking low . Oh and don't boo when we go 1-0 down due to a Howard howler , we will win 2-1 .

March 15, 2015, 02:41:05 PM
Reply #41

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think we will see this today...

Howard

Coleman Jags Stones Garbutt

Mc Carthy Besic

Lennon Naismith Osman

Lukaku

I would like that lineup a lot. Mirallas has been hot and cold and would be a good option for second half.

March 15, 2015, 03:43:05 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Would prefer Gibson to Besic.

We need to move the ball quickly and over greater distances.

I also still think that with Besic there McCarthy is more conservative with his pressing as he has to be more disciplined with regards to his positioning. That restricts his best attributes.

March 15, 2015, 04:02:22 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like to see

Howard
Coleman Stones jagielka Garbutt
Mccarthy Gibson
Lennon osman atsu
Lukaku

Options from the bench, yet still strong xi

Simply simply lovely