August 18, 2018, 07:29:36 PM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 34372 times)

March 19, 2015, 09:09:05 PM
Reply #105

Everton Mint

The Mail: Everton are England's last hope in Europe...
Here's five reasons why they can make it past Dynamo Kiev and into the quarter-finals of the Europa League:

1.Everton lead 2-1 after the first leg of their last 16 Europa League tie
2.The Toffees are in confident mood after winning their last two matches
3.Striker Romelu Lukaku has netted 10 goals in his last 14 games
4.Years ending in a five have been good for the Blues - they won the Cup Winners' Cup in 1985 and FA Cup in 1995
5. Roberto Martinez wants his side to play without fear on Thursday night

March 19, 2015, 09:35:42 PM
Reply #106

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
They just played Z Cars on Absolute Radio - It proper confused me where it was coming from!

The played it whilst asking if everyone would be getting behind us tonight as we're the last man standing. 
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 19, 2015, 09:47:32 PM
Reply #107

Tinga

I think a lot of fans will be behind us tonight, we're not exactly hated like Liverpool.

March 19, 2015, 09:48:57 PM
Reply #108

bacon sarnie

Everton have made the News section in the Guardian but the Football section is all about City & Wenger moaning and other such shite.....oh, hang on - Martinez wants late Sunday matches for those playing in the Europa/CL.

Not much considering he's the last one left is it?

March 19, 2015, 10:01:27 PM
Reply #109

blob

getting nervous here.

March 19, 2015, 10:01:40 PM
Reply #110

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 19, 2015, 10:05:39 PM
Reply #111

Lincs Toffee

Certainly getting to "twitchy bum" time now, I just hope we start as we left off in the first leg, but without the crowd to lift us I am not sure we will.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

March 19, 2015, 10:26:02 PM
Reply #112

Everton Mint

We simply HAVE to play for the win. Sit back and its got 1-0 defeat all over it..

COYB !!!!

March 19, 2015, 10:42:34 PM
Reply #113

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 19, 2015, 10:50:57 PM
Reply #114

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Anything could happen here

I'm not overly confident,but I never am!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 19, 2015, 10:54:55 PM
Reply #115

KoemansNumberTens

Think we've all only seen them once so don't talk with great authority on them but they struck me as a bit crap once we got going. They look to have 1 quality player the winger/playmaker who's name im not going to attempt and the rest are a bit rubbish. Honestly think we'll win comfortably tonight.
Their home record is great but looking who they played they are simply the tallest midget. Everton aren't a midget. We're unbeaten away playing better teams than them and much better teams than whove theyve played. 0 3

March 19, 2015, 10:58:15 PM
Reply #116

Evertonian in NC

The stakes are just so big, and there's no second chance.  It's all about today.  Thank God for the boost in confidence from Sunday.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 19, 2015, 10:59:18 PM
Reply #117

Ross

Anything could happen here

I'm not overly confident,but I never am!

We all know what you want to happen here and we all know why!

Disgusting.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 19, 2015, 11:01:05 PM
Reply #118

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We all know what you want to happen here and we all know why!

Disgusting.

I just think if we can come away with a 2-0 defeat we will still be placed well for the 3rd leg

Which reminds me, any news on when Distin is back?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 19, 2015, 11:02:31 PM
Reply #119

Bluedylan

From their results alone, they do seem proper Jekyll and Hyde with the home and away scores, so i don't think we've seen them play to their potential at Goodison for one second.

Still think we can go through though. Might be a topsy turvy, emotional rollercoaster. For me, the game is in our hands, and if we put in the right, mature away performance and keep our focus for the whole game, we get through.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.