0 (0%)
Lennon
5 (12.8%)
Besic (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 19432 times)

April 02, 2015, 03:59:08 AM
Read 19432 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Southampton FC
Goodison Park
Saturday 4th April 15:00
Premier League Match #31

Everton - Last Five Matches

Stoke 2-0 Everton
Everton 2-1 Dynamo Kyiv - Europa League (Naismith, Lukaku Pen)
Everton 3-0 Newcastle (McCarthy, Lukaku Pen, Barkley)
Dynamo Kyiv 5-2 Everton - Europa League (Lukaku, Jagielka)
QPR 1-2 Everton (Coleman, Lennon)

Southampton - Last Five Matches

Southampton 0-2 Liverpool
West Brom 1-0 Southampton
Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace (Mane)
Chelsea 1-1 Southampton (Tadic)
Southampton 2-0 Burnley (Long, O.G.)

Everton

Everton recorded back to back victories for the second time this season following up their 3-0 win against Newcastle at Goodison Park with an away win at Queen's Park Rangers. However the Toffees are yet to win back to back home matches in this campaign, though they are unbeaten in their last five home matches including four draws. Only Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Stoke City have managed to come away from Goodison Park with three points this season and the only four teams in the Premier League to lose fewer matches at home this season are Arsenal (1), Chelsea (0), Manchester City (2) and Manchester United (3). However, only Sunderland can match Everton with their 7 Premier League draws at home this season.

Everton's Steven Pienaar has started just three Premier League matches this season which is 16 fewer than the amount he managed last season and significantly fewer than the 35 starts he made in 2012/13. Only Marouane Fellaini (11) and Nikicia Jelavic (7) scored more goals in the Premier League than Pienaar during the 2012/13 Premier League season and his six assists were the most any Everton player registered in that season. Pienaar attracted a total of 86 fouls in the same season which was the fourth highest of any player in the Premier League, only Steven Naismith is likely to come anywhere near that same figure whilst currently winning an impressive 2.64 freekicks Per90.

Possible Line ups

Southampton

Southampton recorded their 14th clean sheet in 30 Premier League matches with a 2-0 victory at home to Burnley before the international break which is the most of any team in the Premier League this season. However, only four of those clean sheets have come away from home despite conceding the fewest amount of goals on the road this season (11). The Saints have managed 10 points from a possible 15 in their away fixtures since the turn of the year but have failed to win either of their previous two trips on the road. Southampton have only managed one win in their last 15 matches at Goodison Park and are without victory in any of their last 9 visits (D2, L7).

The Saints two defeats against sides currently in the bottom half both came in the form of 1-0 scorelines away from home as Burnley got the better of them in December whilst West Brom were victorious over Southampton in one of their away match prior to the Chelsea draw in their last away match. Interestingly, Southampton have dropped the fewest points from leading positions this season having won 16 of the 17 matches that they've lead and drawing at home to Chelsea in the only time they've dropped points this season.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 02, 2015, 04:40:47 AM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It's astonishing how easily Gibson gets injured.

April 02, 2015, 04:44:11 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
It's astonishing how easily Gibson gets injured.

How do you even get an abdominal strain?

April 02, 2015, 04:57:09 AM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
is Lennon injured?
I have to return some videotapes.

April 02, 2015, 05:01:02 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
is Lennon injured?

No, I just think McGeady is better.

I forgot about him.

April 02, 2015, 05:01:13 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How do you even get an abdominal strain?
Amazingly by kicking a ball

Simply simply lovely

April 02, 2015, 05:05:51 AM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Amazingly by kicking a ball

Well you do tend to pick up strains during activities you don't regularly partake in. 

April 02, 2015, 05:05:54 AM
Reply #7

hill135

Can foresee a 0-0 here.

That Alderweireld is boss. We should have been in for him.

April 02, 2015, 06:38:29 AM
Reply #8

The Analog Kid

Shane fucking Long.

April 02, 2015, 07:02:19 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas fit again already?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 02, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
Reply #10

TSGun

I feel pretty confident about this game.

Despite Southampton having so much more to play for it just seems we've got them at the right time, particularly with the back up keeper in. We're a strong chance for 3 in a row.

April 02, 2015, 01:43:04 PM
Reply #11

Juanito

I feel pretty confident about this game.

Despite Southampton having so much more to play for it just seems we've got them at the right time, particularly with the back up keeper in. We're a strong chance for 3 in a row.

They had a blip the last time they played us at Christmas,  they lost a few in a row and had like 5 first teamers out...............then recaptured their form against us. Hope we show a lot of fight here because the game over there was a disgrace. 

April 02, 2015, 01:55:06 PM
Reply #12

marky v

Can see goals in this one if we have Lukaku or Kone fit, we'll give them chances and a little break will do a few of our lads the world of good, can see a high scoring draw but if we want a top 10 finish  (which isn't as far away as it seemed a month ago) we'll need the win

April 02, 2015, 01:57:13 PM
Reply #13

TSGun

They had a blip the last time they played us at Christmas,  they lost a few in a row and had like 5 first teamers out...............then recaptured their form against us. Hope we show a lot of fight here because the game over there was a disgrace. 

Fair point, we may be travelling in slightly better shape now though.

There's a far better vibe emanating from the club right now. A few home truths have been aired, the pressure has been predominantly released and a strong finish to the season hopefully awaits. Tough game but real chance.

April 02, 2015, 04:32:20 PM
Reply #14

bluestevie

Roberto has just done his presser and stated that Kone is fit but Lukaku, Gibson, Pienaar and Mirallas will all undergo assessments to see if they can be included
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson