3 (6%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 30258 times)

April 21, 2015, 02:47:48 AM
Read 30258 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Manchester United
Goodison Park
Sunday 26th April 13:30
Premier League Match #34

Everton - Last Five Matches

Dynamo Kyiv 5-2 Everton (Lukaku, Jagielka)
QPR 1-2 Everton (Coleman, Lennon)
Everton 1-0 Southampton (Jagielka)
Swansea 1-1 Everton (Lennon)
Everton 1-0 Burnley (Mirallas)

Manchester United - Last Five Matches

Manchester United 3-0 Tottenham (Fellaini, Carrick, Rooney)
Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United (Mata x2)
Manchester United 3-1 Aston villa (Herrera x2, Rooney)
Manchester United 4-2 Manchester City (Young, Fellaini, Mata, Smalling)
Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United

Everton

Everton made it five matches unbeaten in their quest for a top half finish as they recorded a 1-0 win over Burnley at the weekend. As well as that unbeaten run, Everton have now scored in each of their last five matches which is currently only beaten by Liverpool (8 ), Arsenal (12) and chelsea (19) in the premier league. The Toffees are now unbeaten in all seven league matches at Goodison Park (W3, D4) in 2015 which is a feat only conquered by Arsenal (9) and Chelsea (16). Arsenal (18), Chelsea (16) and Manchester United (15) are the only Premier League teams to pick up more points from their last six matches than Everton (13) and only Chelsea have conceded fewer goals in that time frame. Everton have the opportunity to register three home league wins in a row over Manchester United for the first time since November 1984 - September 1987 when Everton actually managed to win four in a row at home against the Red Devils.

Possible Line ups

Manchester United

A Mourinho special put an end to six league wins in a row from Louis Van Gaal's United side who went down 1-0 at Stamford Bridge, despite enjoying 71% of possession. That defeat was just their fourth away loss of the season which is something only Chelsea themselves (2) can better in the Premier League though victories away from Old Trafford have been slightly more difficult to come by as alongside Sunderland, Manchester United have drawn seven of their matches on the road this season. Manchester United have only lost once against a team in the bottom half this season (only beaten by Arsenal, 0) and that came in a bizarre 5-3 defeat against Leicester back in September. Manchester United top scorer Wayne Rooney has only managed four goals in 17 matches against Everton since leaving the blues and he hasn't scored at Goodison Park for 8 years with his last goal at Goodison Park coming in April 2007 with a 4-2 victory.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 21, 2015, 03:02:36 AM
Reply #1

blob

April 21, 2015, 03:04:21 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
I'm interested to see how Lennon does here. He's played himself into form over mediocre opposition over the last few weeks and Man United have been strong down their left hand side lately so it'll be interesting to see what kind of performance he can put in.

April 21, 2015, 03:05:09 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley ahead of naismith for me

Simply simply lovely

April 21, 2015, 03:39:59 AM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

71% possession at Chelsea and they lost?

April 21, 2015, 03:49:06 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
71% possession at Chelsea and they lost?

I didn't watch it like but apparently so.

April 21, 2015, 03:52:41 AM
Reply #6

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
That United defence looks almost bad enough that Distin or Alcaraz would be an improvement.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 21, 2015, 04:02:31 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 21, 2015, 04:04:39 AM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

Wonder how we'll handle the long diagonals to Fellaini on their left (our right). Might be a tricky afternoon for Seamus and Stonesy.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 21, 2015, 04:06:13 AM
Reply #9

blob

April 21, 2015, 05:38:33 AM
Reply #10

Robioto

I don't hold a lot of hope for this one, I think we'll give it a go but they will win fairly comfortably in the end. United are on it and were very unlucky against the inevitable champions.

April 21, 2015, 06:31:24 AM
Reply #11

TSGun

We should have beaten them earlier in the season when we were rubbish. I don't see why we can't enter this fixture with the intent to exact some revenge.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:25:21 PM by The Smoking Gun »

April 21, 2015, 07:14:10 AM
Reply #12

Evertonian in NC

They could easily be in for an emotional letdown after the Chelski match, too.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 21, 2015, 12:51:22 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder how we'll handle the long diagonals to Fellaini on their left (our right). Might be a tricky afternoon for Seamus and Stonesy.

If we go for a specific plan I'd imagine we'll drop Barry back for goal kicks etc.

Or in open play we might have to go back to 4-2-3-1 and have Barry on the right of McCarthy.

If we don't have a specific plan then we need to make sure that the second recipients are marked.

Felli's ok with the ball but he's much better when bringing it down then giving it to the more technical players.

April 21, 2015, 12:55:34 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

If we go for a specific plan I'd imagine we'll drop Barry back for goal kicks etc.

Or in open play we might have to go back to 4-2-3-1 and have Barry on the right of McCarthy.

If we don't have a specific plan then we need to make sure that the second recipients are marked.

Felli's ok with the ball but he's much better when bringing it down then giving it to the more technical players.

It was usually the second ball that killed teams when he was doing it for us, as you say, and teams who stopped him successfully usually almost gave him the first ball and had that the second ball covered. We haven't got anyone who can live with him in the air, so that makes the most sense.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.