October 17, 2019, 10:47:12 AM

Author Topic: Benitez getting sacked?  (Read 11795 times)

June 03, 2010, 06:45:36 PM
Reply #60

.Rimbo.

are you for real? so what? Mourinho won the title with Ranieri's team. That shows them to be top managers.

Agger, mascherano, Kuyt, Torres, benayoun, auerilio, reina, Johnson, Arbeloa

All top signings! Dont let ur hatred for Benitez and Liverpool cloud yours

I don't think signing Glen Johnson for £17.5 million when you only have around 30 to spend is daft. Just kick the logistics of it. Then he complains about not having money. He should've got a cheap RB in and improved the squad in more areas.

Mascherano? Everyone knew what he could do, it was just Liverpool could stump the £18.6 million up for his services. Same goes for Kuyt and Torres.

The others fair enough. Top signings aren't about quality of player though, it's about value for money. That's how you judge a manager in the transfer market. Moyes is far better in the market.

Jagielka, Arteta, Howard, Pienaar, Baines, Lescott, Saha, Cahill etc. They are all top signings. That doesn't even amount to the money spent on Torres does it?

However, that said, I think Benitez is one of the best tacticians around. I'll give it to you he's an excellent manager on that side of the game at times. But the transfer market is his achilles' heel.

As for Reina to Arsenal mate, how reliable is that source? If that's true, that could be the shite up shit creek. He's, for me, arguably their most important player, and to go for so cheap as well...

June 03, 2010, 06:47:53 PM
Reply #61

ilikebrunettes

the Reina info is from they Guy who 1st mentioned the joe Cole thing.

The Johnson signing, to me i think Benitez signed him, then the Yanks changed their mind on the transfer budget. I think he signed him expecting to be able to sign another striker
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 03, 2010, 06:50:40 PM
Reply #62

ilikebrunettes

balague just on teh tv then, said gerrard is wanted by madrid, Arsenal, chelsea, United and City

June 03, 2010, 06:52:25 PM
Reply #63

MmmblueBernard

'Benitez' winning CL final team=Dudek, Finnan (Hamann 46), Traore, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise, Gerrard, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Kewell (Smicer 23), Baros (Cisse 85).

How many of those were Houlliers players?

Benitez losing CL final team= Agger  , Alonso  , Carragher  , Finnan  , Gerrard  , Kuyt  , Mascherano  , Penant  , Reina  , Riise  , Zenden

Benitez is a clown and I love him for it.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 03, 2010, 06:52:52 PM
Reply #64

Endless, Nameless

the Reina info is from they Guy who 1st mentioned the joe Cole thing.

The Johnson signing, to me i think Benitez signed him, then the Yanks changed their mind on the transfer budget. I think he signed him expecting to be able to sign another striker

It was stupid though. They were never in a positon to spend that kind of money on a fullback.

It's good for Liverpool he's going, because whoever takes over will improve their squad, such is his ineptitude in the market.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 03, 2010, 08:30:15 PM
Reply #65

MexicanToffee

Do you think they might have a go for Walter.......he's just won a championship. :snigger:
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

June 03, 2010, 08:43:08 PM
Reply #66

ilikebrunettes

'Benitez' winning CL final team=Dudek, Finnan (Hamann 46), Traore, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise, Gerrard, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Kewell (Smicer 23), Baros (Cisse 85).

How many of those were Houlliers players?

Benitez losing CL final team= Agger  , Alonso  , Carragher  , Finnan  , Gerrard  , Kuyt  , Mascherano  , Penant  , Reina  , Riise  , Zenden

Benitez is a clown and I love him for it.

what is your point?

June 03, 2010, 10:03:38 PM
Reply #67

Wittmann

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.

Mr Benitez relinquishes his position as team manager after six years and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their grateful thanks for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.

The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.

No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.

LFC Chairman Martin Broughton said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''

Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-1

June 03, 2010, 11:18:14 PM
Reply #68

DannyR

June 04, 2010, 12:18:29 AM
Reply #69

Derek

There we are then.

Hope they get O'Neill and then I can dislike them even more! :)
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

June 04, 2010, 12:27:35 AM
Reply #70

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
yet again they are staging a protest against "the yanks". Idoubt they are looking out the window and shitting themselves. In fact, chances are theyre not even in the country

June 04, 2010, 04:06:57 AM
Reply #71

Sprooly

are you for real? so what? Mourinho won the title with Ranieri's team. That shows them to be top managers.

Agger, mascherano, Kuyt, Torres, benayoun, auerilio, reina, Johnson, Arbeloa

All top signings! Dont let ur hatred for Benitez and Liverpool cloud yours
Agger yer is good
Masch is class but lets not get into that
Kuyt 9m for a striker who couldnt score so was chucked on the right wing and whenever liverpool lose they all seem to target him
Torres World Class striker what did they pay for him 23 million? what is he making per week? 100,000 thousand?  he was just not known untill he made his début
Benayoun- Decent player but if im correct Rafa didnt show a lot of faith in him
Aurelio- Injury prone, not that great, left on a free
Reina- great signing
GJ- 17 million for a right back when there were other things they needed to do first- good player though
Arbeloa- Left because he wasnt gonna sign a new deal and wasnt seen as attacking enough, decent player though

if those are rafas best signings then he needs to get better in the trasnfer market very quickly

June 04, 2010, 04:15:44 AM
Reply #72

Gash

Global Moderator
Rafa. Best manager Spurs ever had. Got them to the CL qualifiers.  :whistle:

June 04, 2010, 04:25:49 AM
Reply #73

bluemanx3

gutted he was sacked the only blemish on his record was 2005!

June 04, 2010, 05:56:45 AM
Reply #74

Chazman

gutted he was sacked the only blemish on his record was 2005!

Yes but even then, it was his fuck up of playing Gerrard on the left in the first half that caused them being 3-0 down.He changed it when he had no choice. Gutted he has gone
"I fuckin love this club"