October 17, 2019, 07:49:44 PM

Author Topic: Benitez getting sacked?  (Read 11796 times)

June 04, 2010, 06:48:23 PM
Reply #90

Endless, Nameless

fellaini and Bily haven't justified their transfer fee's yet. whats potential got to do with it?

kroldrup, beattie, davies were all big signings for us at the time. all were shit. VDM cost this club a fortune.... he was shit.

moyes is defo 50/50

You have to take money into account mate. If you buy a player for a couple of million and he flops, it's not comparable to spending £20m on a player, him flopping, and you selling him back for £8m less half a year down the line.

Per Kroldrup and VDM are the only signings that have been very negative on the whole.

And Felli has justified his tag. Don't be a tool. Bily? Not yet, but it's unfair to count him after just one season. Or if you do, then please count Aquilani too. Bily had a better season than him, and cost half as much.

You mate, are the very antithesis of biased. Your standards are so high that they make you pessimistic beyond belief. I admire that you don't get carried away, and do actually know what NSNO means, but sometimes you've got to take a step back and admire the good things.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 04, 2010, 06:57:20 PM
Reply #91

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
fellaini and Bily haven't justified their transfer fee's yet. whats potential got to do with it?

What were you doing defending that overrated sprinter Walcott to the hills if potential has nothing to do with it?

You wouldnt be using double standards yet again would you?

June 04, 2010, 06:59:32 PM
Reply #92

ilikebrunettes

What were you doing defending that overrated sprinter Walcott to the hills if potential has nothing to do with it?

You wouldnt be using double standards yet again would you?

i never defended the price Arsenal paid. They paid far too much for Walcott, like we did with fellaini
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 04, 2010, 07:00:52 PM
Reply #93

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
i never defended the price Arsenal paid. They paid far too much for Walcott, like we did with fellaini

Fellaini now looks like a £15m player

Walcott doesn't look like a £12m player.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 04, 2010, 07:42:56 PM
Reply #94

ToxtethBlue

His decision making was poor last season. Selling Alonso and replacing him with a a talented but injury prone player who was also completely different to the man who made Liverpool tick. Paying such a big fee for a right back when other positions needed strengthening and sticking with Lucas and Mascherano all season, you don't expect that from someone who's considered a great tactician. Even Moyes, who still has alot to learn, rarely does that nowadays. Playing with two holding midfielders with little creativity between them is negative.

He's a good manager but he was definitely going stale there.
ToxtethBlue

June 04, 2010, 07:58:03 PM
Reply #95

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
His decision making was poor last season. Selling Alonso and replacing him with a a talented but injury prone player who was also completely different to the man who made Liverpool tick. Paying such a big fee for a right back when other positions needed strengthening and sticking with Lucas and Mascherano all season, you don't expect that from someone who's considered a great tactician. Even Moyes, who still has alot to learn, rarely does that nowadays. Playing with two holding midfielders with little creativity between them is negative.

He's a good manager but he was definitely going stale there.

This.

June 05, 2010, 01:46:20 AM
Reply #96

.Rimbo.

kroldrup, beattie, davies were all big signings for us at the time. all were shit. VDM cost this club a fortune.... he was shit.

moyes is defo 50/50

Because Fellaini has shown he could easily be a 25 million player in 4 years time, 10 million more than what we bought him for. Fair enough, he isn't there yet but why mention him? He's not a flop and he's not even an indifferent signing, he was a very positive influence in the both seasons he's been here. Bilyaletdinov has also shown he has the potential to easily outgrow his 9-10 million price tag, so just don't mention him.

And if you're saying VDM cost the club a fortune (2 million transfer fee) then you're counting wages. What about the likes of Harry Kewell? He cost Liverpool a bomb.

This debate is redundant, in all fairness. How you can say Moyes is 50-50 in the transfer window is seriously beyond me!

June 05, 2010, 01:48:32 AM
Reply #97

Endless, Nameless

Even the most bitter Liverpool fan will agree that Moyes is a genius in the transfer market, so it amazes me how ILB argues the contrary.

Perhaps he's just a masochist.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 05, 2010, 02:05:19 AM
Reply #98

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
50/50, at the very least 70/30 IMO.  Moyes so far, has been massively successful. Almost the polar opposite of Rafa who finds the odd gem in a million whereas Moyes robs the jewellery store.  (Yes today I am doing weird jewel metaphors, fucked if I know why).

June 05, 2010, 02:20:18 AM
Reply #99

GARY

Because Fellaini has shown he could easily be a £25 million player in 4 years time, £10 million more than what we bought him for. Fair enough, he isn't there yet but why mention him? He's not a flop and he's not even an indifferent signing, he was a very positive influence in the both seasons he's been here. Bilyaletdinov has also shown he has the potential to easily outgrow his £9-10 million price tag, so just don't mention him.

And if you're saying VDM cost the club a fortune (£2 million transfer fee) then you're counting wages. What about the likes of Harry Kewell? He cost Liverpool a bomb.

This debate is redundant, in all fairness. How you can say Moyes is 50-50 in the transfer window is seriously beyond me!
this