6 (15.8%)
Does it matter?
6 (15.8%)
lol Newcastle are going down
14 (36.8%)
Did I just see Aiden McGeady?
12 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: [News]Match Preview/Match Day Thread: Everton vs Sunderland  (Read 22056 times)

May 07, 2015, 09:37:00 PM
Read 22056 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Match Preview: Everton vs Sunderland

Squad news, statistics and more ahead of Saturday's lunch time match with Sunderland.
Source: Match Preview: Everton vs Sunderland
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:37:56 PM by Thom »

May 07, 2015, 10:37:38 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Sunderland AFC
Goodison Park
Saturday 9th May 12:45
Premier League Match #36

Everton - Last Five Matches

Everton 1-0 Southampton (Jagielka)
Swansea 1-1 Everton (Lennon)
Everton 1-0 Burnley (Mirallas)
Everton 3-0 Manchester United (McCarthy, Stones, Mirallas)
Aston Villa 3-2 Everton (Lukaku Pen, Jagielka)

Sunderland - Last Five Matches

West Ham 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 1-0 Newcastle (Defoe)
Sunderland 1-4 Crystal Palace (Wickham)
Stoke City 1-1 Sunderland (Wickham)
Sunderland 2-1 Southampton (Gomez Pen x2)

Everton

Everton's run of six matches without defeat came to an end last weekend after an away defeat at Villa Park. Everton conceded three goals against Aston Villa which is more than they conceded in the six matches during that unbeaten run (2). Everton have the opportunity to extend their 2015 unbeaten league run at Goodison Park to nine league matches should they avoid defeat on Saturday (W4 D4). Despite having three more assists than any other defender in the Premier League this season, Leighton Baines requires two more in order to match his tally from the 2010/11 season when he reached a total of 11 assists. Only Chelsea and Southampton (11) have managed to keep more clean sheets in Premier League home matches than the Toffees [8] this season.

Possible Line ups

Sunderland

Sunderland are looking to record back to back victories for the first time this season after overcoming Southampton at the Stadium of Light last weekend. However, Sunderland have failed to win in any of their last eight away matches in the Premier League (D4 L4) and they're yet to win away from home in 2015. Dick Advocaat has taken more points from his first five matches (7) in charge of Sunderland than Gus Poyet accumulated in his final ten matches as manager. Connor Wickham is top scorer in the Premier League for Sunderland with 5 goals which is the lowest amount from a Premier League club's top scorer this season. Lee Cattermole has registered 13 yellow cards this season which is one fewer than the record for a Premier League season. Paul Ince (Wolves 2003/04), Robbie Savage (Leicester 2001/02), Mark Hughes (Southampton 1998/99) and this weekend's opponent's former midfielder Oliver Dacourt (Everton 1998/99) are the current holders of that title with 14 yellow cards.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 07, 2015, 10:40:08 PM
Reply #2

bacon sarnie

"Sunderland have failed to win in any of their last eight away matches in the Premier League (D4 L4) and they're yet to win away from home in 2015..."

Yep yep yep...........(fart)

May 07, 2015, 11:13:52 PM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
"Sunderland have failed to win in any of their last eight away matches in the Premier League (D4 L4) and they're yet to win away from home in 2015..."

Last season, we'd gone unbeaten at home in 2013 and then we came up against Sunderland on boxing day...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:13:48 AM by Shogun »

May 07, 2015, 11:16:37 PM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Anyway, this could be a difficult game but I'd like to think Martinez will work out a way to win the match. There's nothing subtle about the way Sunderland are playing under Advocaat, they get the ball to the front three strikers as quickly as possible and hope it results in a goal so we'll need to work out a way to cope with that.

May 08, 2015, 02:03:44 AM
Reply #5

bacon sarnie

Last season, we'd gone unbeaten at home in 2015 and then we came up against Sunderland on boxing day...

Yeah, we're fucked.

Unless he plays the team/system that beat United like.

May 08, 2015, 02:08:57 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
can't see us losing this but if it means losing to get newcastle relegated I am all for it
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 08, 2015, 03:03:01 AM
Reply #7

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
85 title winning team (most of them) will be on the pitch at HT on Saturday. Might forgo my HT raspberry crabbies and pay my respects.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

May 08, 2015, 03:09:45 AM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
85 title winning team (most of them) will be on the pitch at HT on Saturday. Might forgo my HT raspberry crabbies and pay my respects.

I'm meeting them all the Friday after anyway

May 08, 2015, 03:14:36 AM
Reply #9

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber

Is that at another Everton night?
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

May 08, 2015, 08:11:08 PM
Reply #10

bacon sarnie

Say 'awright' from me. Especially Reidy & Big Nev.

May 08, 2015, 08:48:47 PM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Will this be the week we finally break or duck on BT?

Simply simply lovely

May 09, 2015, 12:27:26 PM
Reply #12

bluenuck

Sunderland will be coming for 3 points. it's as obvious as a brick to the face. Just like Villa were coming for 3 points last weekend.

This time it would be nice to see us ready for it.

May 09, 2015, 02:34:34 PM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't even know we were playing today.

Gonna miss it too.

Not even assed.

Top blooooo me

May 09, 2015, 03:47:07 PM
Reply #14

Trowel

I'm waiting for inevitable commentary as a substitute comes on: "And here comes xxxxx who hasn't scored in 399 years.... Oh, he's only gone and done it!!!"
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news