November 18, 2017, 12:01:02 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 22219 times)

May 22, 2015, 09:44:01 PM
Read 22219 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Tottenham Hotspur
Goodison Park
Sunday 24th May 15:00
Premier League Match #38

Everton - Last Five Matches

Everton 1-0 Burnley (Mirallas)
Everton 3-0 Manchester United (McCarthy, Stones, Mirallas)
Aston Villa 3-2 Everton (Lukaku Pen, Jagielka)
Everton 0-2 Sunderland
West Ham 1-2 Everton (Osman, Lukaku)

Tottenham - Last Five Matches

Newcastle 1-3 Tottenham (Chadli, Eriksen, Kane)
Southampton 2-2 Tottenham (Lamela, Chadli)
Tottenham 0-1 Manchester City
Stoke City 3-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 2-0 Hull City (Chadli, Rose)

Everton

Everton came from behind  to win a match for the first time this season after beating West Ham in the final away match of the season which lifted them up to 5th in the form table with 10 points from a possible 18. Everton's record to Tottenham Hotspur has been strong in recent years as they are unbeaten in their last seven matches against Spurs at Goodison park (W3, D4) although they have lost twice in a row to the North London outfit for the first time since 2006. Everton have won six of their last seven final day fixtures including their last four home matches. Everton have won only twice in 17 matches against top half teams this season which both came recently with wins over Southampton and Man United at home. The Toffees have taken 12 points from these fixtures which is comfortably worse than any other top half team (Southampton are second last with 18 points).

Possible Line ups

Tottenham Hostspur

Tottenham are one of the few teams with something to play for on the final day as they could still find themselves in 7th place which would leave them vulnerable for a European place, though I'm not sure Pochettino would cry himself to sleep if they missed out. Tottenham have only won on one of their away trips to a top half team this season and that was as a result of a 90th minute winner from Christian Eriksen away to Swansea. Tottenham have won each of their last four final day fixtures which is the current longest of any premier league side but Harry Kane has now gone four matches without scoring which is his longest drought since October. Roberto Soldado has scored one premier league goal this season, it came in the reverse fixture.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 22, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
I forgot we were playing to be honest lads. Can't say I'm bothered either. 2-1 either way.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 22, 2015, 10:14:27 PM
Reply #2

fez91

May 23, 2015, 04:38:03 AM
Reply #3

Thornton_19

Think we'll win, Spurs haven't looked bothered for a while like.

May 23, 2015, 05:35:36 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
not that arsed but got hold of a ticket for free so I'm quite looking forward to it now.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2015, 06:04:30 AM
Reply #5

hill135

This is the game I want to win most every season behind the Shite.

May 23, 2015, 06:45:13 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Amazing how we've won more games in the old league, yet our gd is inferior. Guess that 10-4 defeat didn't help.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 23, 2015, 01:24:03 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
With our recent upturn in home form vs Spurs I'd forgotten just how incredibly bad our PL record is against them.

May 23, 2015, 04:18:10 PM
Reply #8

bacon sarnie

Big Up to the Undercover Mod for all his hard work getting this stuff to the great unwashed. Ta la.

Think this match will unfold like the Jelavic injury time heroics of a few years past with Kane being the scorer and missing a pen - or we'll twat them 3-1. Jags MOM with a rocket launcher.

May 23, 2015, 04:19:44 PM
Reply #9

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
So a one goal win cements just how average our season has been.  13W / 11D / 14L and a level goal difference with a finish in 10th place is the definition of mid-table.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 23, 2015, 11:46:54 PM
Reply #10

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers for the match previews @Shogun. You always manage to come up with an interesting little titbit or two. Think you may have prepared for each game more than some of the lads wearing the shirts some days...
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

May 24, 2015, 01:54:56 AM
Reply #11

Simon Paul

Administrator
No Garbutt tomorrow

May 24, 2015, 01:57:11 AM
Reply #12

MmmBlueRamirez

So a one goal win cements just how average our season has been.  13W / 11D / 14L and a level goal difference with a finish in 10th place is the definition of mid-table.

Losing more games than we've won is an utterly shite statistic.

And not good enough.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 24, 2015, 07:48:22 AM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No Garbutt tomorrow

Or ever.

Is he injured or something?

If he goes, he goes, I'm not overly attached.

Yes he looks like a bit of a Baines clone and it would be nice to have him come through, but some of our fans have been a wee bit overboard with the 'sign him up ffs' shit on Twitter.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 24, 2015, 07:58:20 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

No Garbutt tomorrow

I'll be miffed if he's off to The Shite
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:58:45 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them