November 20, 2017, 11:39:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 22350 times)

May 24, 2015, 11:33:38 PM
Reply #240

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Terrible performance but found it harder to care. Nice to see Distin literally nothing else memorable about the game

Not that bothered about the game if it was in isolation this season.

Unfortunately...

May 24, 2015, 11:44:23 PM
Reply #241

sam of the south

Not that bothered about the game if it was in isolation this season.

Unfortunately...

Exactly.

It's been a shambles from pre-season onwards, apart from a few good wins against very open opponents in the Europa League.

Terrible preparation for the season, poor approach to fitness and injury management, and a huge backwards step tactically.

I can't think of a single match where we were excellent start to finish, or where we were even a patch on the majority of our performances last season.

I'm not hopeful all of these things will be addressed over the summer, are any of you?

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 24, 2015, 11:44:35 PM
Reply #242

indiantoffee1975

Some of our fans need to stop worrying about the RS results. No matter how shit of season they are having we generally seem to be even shitter.20 years and counting for some silverware. Focus on the crap that has been served up this season and the clown which will serve us more of the same shit next season.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:47:11 PM by indiantoffee1975 »

May 24, 2015, 11:45:55 PM
Reply #243

Cuttyblue

In the entire League, this season just wasn't any fucking fun, was it?
3-0 vs Manu was fun, and a few of the Europa performances.  But the league was no good, downright awful and will quickly be forgotten.

May 24, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
Reply #244

Cuttyblue

A match fitting with most of the season.

No shape, no ideas going forward.

Very poor.

I thought there was indeed good shape.  Problem is too many individual errors as so many of our key players have taken a big backward step this year:

Baines
Howard
Coleman
Mirallas
Barkley
Barry

All had poor seasons.  Our individual performances have been and were awful today.

May 24, 2015, 11:51:47 PM
Reply #245

Shogun

Administrator
Just can't accept Baines has had a poor season. That stats speak for themselves.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 24, 2015, 11:53:41 PM
Reply #246

Cuttyblue

I've been totally cheated.  I've taken no, none, nil, nada satisfaction from the rs 6-1 humiliation to powerhouse Stoke City today.  None.  Thanks Everton.

Everton players need to schedule several individual long, hard looks into the mirror this summer.

May 24, 2015, 11:55:51 PM
Reply #247

Cuttyblue

Just can't accept Baines has had a poor season. That stats speak for themselves.

Shogs, I do see that his assist stats were good again.  But I don't think my eyes are lying to me... all season, not linking up as well going forward and not a stalwart in defence.

May 24, 2015, 11:56:29 PM
Reply #248

Heisenberg

Was playing one game less than usual preseason really that much of a hinderence to the season? Why's it being used as an excuse so much I don't get it? Am I missing something or did something else happen
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:56:58 PM by Heisenberg »

May 25, 2015, 12:05:11 AM
Reply #249

Cuttyblue

so jealous of Chelsea, their fans dont deserve this.

You need a wages limit in the Premier League.  We need that over here in baseball.

I've never been an NFL american football guy, but the "salary cap" has been a massive success for that sport and NBA basketball.  There are no Chelseas and Man Cities in NFL... every city's team has the capacity to build a winning team, despite a lower profile.  You cannot simply buy it.

May 25, 2015, 12:10:21 AM
Reply #250

sam of the south

You need a wages limit in the Premier League.  We need that over here in baseball.

I've never been an NFL american football guy, but the "salary cap" has been a massive success for that sport and NBA basketball.  There are no Chelseas and Man Cities in NFL... every city's team has the capacity to build a winning team, despite a lower profile.  You cannot simply buy it.

They would only ever do that in line with FFP though, Cutty.

After all, the plan in football is to protect and reinforce the monopoly, not disrupt it

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 25, 2015, 12:13:24 AM
Reply #251

Shogun

Administrator
Was playing one game less than usual preseason really that much of a hinderence to the season? Why's it being used as an excuse so much I don't get it? Am I missing something or did something else happen

It was a domino effect.

I'll let @GLewis explain because he loves explaining what went wrong at the start of the season.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 25, 2015, 12:17:32 AM
Reply #252

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well I for one find the shite losing 6-1 to stoke halirious.

Couldent care less about our result today.

May 25, 2015, 12:18:51 AM
Reply #253

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas ain't had a poor season.

He was our best player up until that pen farce.

May 25, 2015, 12:20:33 AM
Reply #254

Major Clanger

*sigh*

How many times have we been through this? The US system works brilliantly, provided that:

1. No other country plays that sport. (Or they don't play it anywhere near that level.)
2. There's no promotion and relegation.
3. You implement a complicated and convoluted system of drafts, designated players and other financial weirdness.

All these are required to make the salary cap work the way it does in the US, and since football satisfies precisely none of them, can we please just move on?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:21:20 AM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel