July 21, 2018, 09:02:36 PM

Author Topic: "Sven was a RS"  (Read 1467 times)

June 05, 2010, 06:56:53 PM
Read 1467 times

Chazman

Just said on SSN that Sven Goran Erikson was a RS when he was a kid. Lying tw@t. When he was a kid the shite were in the old 2nd Division. There was no live football and the shite were a nothing club.I doubt that he had ever heard of them in those days
"I fuckin love this club"

June 05, 2010, 07:13:26 PM
Reply #1

BigWoodenSpoon

Hmm, it does seem to be a case of "I've supported <INSERT TEAM'S NAME OF JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR> all my life!"

Just read it on the BBC website, but it doesn't say anything about him supporting them when he was a kid, although it does say he was a Liverpool fan all his life.  I think Liverpool were the first team to be shown on BBC's MOTD, so maybe this is where his memories have come from.

June 05, 2010, 09:28:06 PM
Reply #2

goldenghost

I very much doubt MOTD was shown abroad in the earely 60's.
Cocktails anyone?

June 05, 2010, 10:19:38 PM
Reply #3

Ong-Timus Prime

I thought Sven was from Sweden, not Norway...
if you know yer history...

June 05, 2010, 11:04:55 PM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

They all talk alot of shite. Why does he think anyone cares?

June 06, 2010, 12:17:40 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Oh dear, Robbie Keane-itis!

June 06, 2010, 12:27:47 AM
Reply #6

Chazman

Hmm, it does seem to be a case of "I've supported <INSERT TEAM'S NAME OF JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR> all my life!"

Just read it on the BBC website, but it doesn't say anything about him supporting them when he was a kid, although it does say he was a Liverpool fan all his life. I think Liverpool were the first team to be shown on BBC's MOTD, so maybe this is where his memories have come from.

Yeh, ok  lolol

June 06, 2010, 07:58:41 PM
Reply #7

BigWoodenSpoon

Yeh, ok  lolol

I'm just thinking that the BBC would have recorded the matches for Match of the Day and then possibly sold this on to other tv stations around the World.  This might have been were Sven got his memories from of English teams playing football, inparticular Liverpool.

June 06, 2010, 08:00:02 PM
Reply #8

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Would be absolutely hilarious if he got the job.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 06, 2010, 08:31:46 PM
Reply #9

Chazman

I'm just thinking that the BBC would have recorded the matches for Match of the Day and then possibly sold this on to other tv stations around the World.  This might have been were Sven got his memories from of English teams playing football, inparticular Liverpool.

He is 67 years old which would have made him 21-22 when the RS were promoted to the old 1st division.So when he was a kid they were in the 2nd division and not on MOTD

June 07, 2010, 07:04:35 PM
Reply #10

BigWoodenSpoon

He is 67 years old which would have made him 21-22 when the RS were promoted to the old 1st division.So when he was a kid they were in the 2nd division and not on MOTD

Sven is 62 years old, not 67.  When Liverpool got promoted to the top flight in 1962 that would have made him 14-15 years old.  MOTD was first broadcast in 1964, which would have been when Liverpool were in the top flight and he was around 16-17 years of age.  Liverpool were the first team to be broadcast on MOTD against Arsenal.  I'm just thinking that this could be a reason why Sven said he watched Liverpool as a kid (although I wouldn't exactly call being 17 years old a kid) if Swedish tv also showed highlights of English top-flight football.