July 21, 2018, 05:42:20 AM

Author Topic: 15 Wayne Rooneys Working behind the bar  (Read 1755 times)

June 05, 2010, 10:00:49 PM
Read 1755 times

bloody scally

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=153653594

All 15 staff members at a pub have changed their names to Wayne Rooney ahead of the World Cup.

The squad working at the Bay Horse on Bradford Road at East Ardsley, West Yorkshire, must also get used to calling their managers - previously Lee and Lorraine Kennedy - Fabio Capello.

One Wayne Rooney, formerly Joanne Hill, 23, kitchen staff at the Bay Horse, said they had all decided to change their names in a show of support for the England squad during the tournament in South Africa.

She said: "The managers wanted to do something so we all sat down and decided to do this. It's to show our support for England and show how much we're behind them."

Miss Rooney also said the name change had proved to be a hit with the pub regulars. "They think it's ace," she said, "they shout Wayne and we all turn around. They love it and think it's really funny. It has not been a hassle at all - we could change birth certificates and driving licences but because it is only temporary nobody is going to."

Miss Rooney said she was not sure how England would fare in the World Cup but she would be backing them all the way.

She also said her family and friends were having trouble remembering to call her Wayne.

"They should call me it," she said, "but it must be weird for them to get used to it."

All the staff members have certificates from the UK Deed Poll Service to prove their new identities.

They will all remain Wayne Rooney until the end of the World Cup and the process cost each of them 33.

June 05, 2010, 10:21:50 PM
Reply #1

Craig_1878

"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

June 05, 2010, 11:13:21 PM
Reply #2

ilikebrunettes

and people wonder why English fans are loathed
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

June 05, 2010, 11:24:13 PM
Reply #3

Thom

Administrator

June 05, 2010, 11:35:19 PM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

June 05, 2010, 11:40:17 PM
Reply #5

Bily No Pace

Pointless Publicity stunt. Get it?!?
Bily No Pace has no signature

June 06, 2010, 12:27:46 AM
Reply #6

Endless, Nameless

And people wonder why I'm not patriotic...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 06, 2010, 12:31:57 AM
Reply #7

Chazman

"I fuckin love this club"

June 06, 2010, 01:21:54 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
It has not been a hassle at all - we could change birth certificates and driving licences but because it is only temporary nobody is going to."  lolol

For fucksake, I get the impression if some daft bint had been told to do that, she would.

June 06, 2010, 01:38:32 AM
Reply #9

jongre123

The owners changed theirs to Fabio Capello as well. 

June 06, 2010, 04:00:19 AM
Reply #10

Danny

That along with the song on Britains got talent makes it obvious to me why Scotland hate us!

June 06, 2010, 04:25:55 AM
Reply #11

Craig_1878

And people wonder why I'm not patriotic...

Because you're Irish?
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

June 06, 2010, 04:32:39 AM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

Because you're Irish?

I was born and live in England though. Blood-wise I'm half and half.

But let me rephrase.

And people wonder why I choose Ireland.

:)
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

June 06, 2010, 04:38:44 AM
Reply #13

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Stupid Yorkshire Publicans
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!