January 27, 2020, 12:06:00 PM

Poll

What's the best way to break up with someone?

Face to Face
11 (19%)
Text
3 (5.2%)
Email
1 (1.7%)
Phone Call
1 (1.7%)
Send Bally Around
12 (20.7%)
Move to Madagascar
3 (5.2%)
Fake death
17 (29.3%)
Murder him/her
5 (8.6%)
Other
5 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 40988 times)

July 18, 2015, 08:26:20 PM
Read 40988 times

Rhys

So why is Kone still our back up striker with nobody seemingly coming in to add something to the team?. Kone is essentially just a waste of wages and a shirt at this point.

It's a major worry for me how we don't seem to think a backup forward is necessary. 2 strikers in a squad is low anyway, but if we had to rely on him for a long part of the season it's not ideal to say the least.

July 18, 2015, 08:47:24 PM
Reply #1

Rhys

Think that was kones best effort since he came here wasnt it?

July 18, 2015, 08:49:54 PM
Reply #2

Rhys

Just hear me out - I don't really believe this to be the case, but it's POSSIBLE that RM doesn't want to really show his hand against a Prem side.

/probably just rationalizing

I think based on how teams went up against us last year everyone in the league knows our hand already!

July 18, 2015, 08:54:38 PM
Reply #3

Rhys

This is a bit knee-jerk, but this performance coupled with last seasons displays suggest that Martinez' system/style of play really does squeeze the joy, exuberance, and expressiveness out of a group of potentially joyous, exuberant, and highly expressive players.

Just a thought.

It is pre season and early in it so can't judge too much. But it is a worry why so many very good players look hopeless on the ball which is bound to be in people's minds following on from what we saw last season and looking for signs of hope in pre season.

July 18, 2015, 09:04:16 PM
Reply #4

Rhys

Can someone please describe the goal for me please?

One on one with a defender in the left channel outside the box shifts it on his left and smashes it in the top corner past Cech before he could move.

July 18, 2015, 09:05:05 PM
Reply #5

Rhys

How do you even hit a ball like that on your weaker foot?

Harder than most players stronger foot isn't it.

July 18, 2015, 09:20:31 PM
Reply #6

Rhys

I wish Coleman would take Gibbs on when he's squared up one on one.

Have to remember as well how hard it is to keep running at pace in those conditions especially seamus only played 45 mins so far in pre season before today.

July 18, 2015, 11:33:16 PM
Reply #7

Rhys

Looked to me like a 4-3-3, Kone somewhat off to the left and Naismith as a false nine.

I don't know what to think of this match anyway, Arsenal had their best XI out there (Sanchez aside) and we never had an outlet to keep the pressure off the defence whilst Kone and Naismith where up front.

Yeah he played what we normally play against them at home. 4-3-3 with the false nine (Naismith/Barkley) deeper and kone left with deulo right first half mirallas there second.

We play different shapes regularly the worrying aspect is whatever we do play the post-mortem afterwards is the same, slow, narrow, lacking in ideas and wide open when defending. Just got to hope by the time the real stuff comes we aren't saying the same things otherwise with the first 10 games we have it could be a long 3 months.

July 19, 2015, 12:42:30 AM
Reply #8

Rhys

It's a fucking pre season game. We've won the last two and people are acting like we've just been knocked out of champs league. Stop with this crap. Fitness is main point of focus.

True.

But at the same time that is what everyone was saying last pre season and it turned out we took that form into the season. Again despite being our 3rd pre season game and this was most of their players first games we looked miles behind them in terms of fitness, pace and sharpness.

July 19, 2015, 06:24:56 AM
Reply #9

Rhys

The last 4 years under Moyes were awful to watch for me.

He had Phil Neville in midfield.

Even in 2012/13 where we were averaging about 25 shots per game in the first 2-3 months of that season? Especially that last season we played some really good stuff.

With moyes we generally played good football once we were winning games and he was confident enough in the team to let them express themselves without being so worried about the result because confidence was high. It was what people called not great to watch in the tough parts of seasons where he went to basics, was difficult to beat and would grind out results until the confidence was high enough to open up again.

And we got the consistency in league placings because of that.

July 19, 2015, 04:11:57 PM
Reply #10

Rhys

I missed it too, judging by the meltdown and brain aneurysms it was pretty bad.

It was terrible! 3-1 was very kind to us if it had been 5-0 that would have even fair. Barely anyone played ok and the players when they came off the bench looked sluggish from the start and their players who played the 90 looked fresh still.

I'm just hoping it as the end of long two weeks training causing the players legs were tired combined with travel and jetlag rather than repeat lack of fitness from last season.