0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
35 (57.4%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 56395 times)

August 09, 2015, 09:02:33 AM
Reply #645

cjohno100

i would have moyes back straight away ahead of that prick wish robertoooooooooooo would fk back off to wigan thats his level

August 09, 2015, 09:02:52 AM
Reply #646

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
You will watch us, you will just pretend you wont.

Haha no I wont. Not with any love or passion. Will firmly cement that we are a shithouse club.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 09, 2015, 09:06:08 AM
Reply #647

Shogun

Administrator
i would have moyes back straight away ahead of that prick wish robertoooooooooooo would fk back off to wigan thats his level

Log off for a bit, this isn't twitter.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

August 09, 2015, 02:39:12 PM
Reply #648

74Blue

Haha no I wont. Not with any love or passion. Will firmly cement that we are a shithouse club.
I agree 100% with this. I fell out of love with football for a while during a couple of seasons of Moyes' reign.
Don't get me wrong, Moyes did a fantastic job in stabilising us and competing on a shoestring. However, when you can name the team, including substitutes, predict the timing of the first substitution within a minute and more or less prepare the commentary for every one of Everton's moves in the game the day before it even takes place, it does make you wonder why you even bother going.

August 09, 2015, 02:45:08 PM
Reply #649

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I agree 100% with this. I fell out of love with football for a while during a couple of seasons of Moyes' reign.
Don't get me wrong, Moyes did a fantastic job in stabilising us and competing on a shoestring. However, when you can name the team, including substitutes, predict the timing of the first substitution within a minute and more or less prepare the commentary for every one of Everton's moves in the game the day before it even takes place, it does make you wonder why you even bother going.

That's because we only had about 12 players.

Although yes, that period was numbing from say June 2010 until January 2012.

However we were much better to watch from January 2012 onwards until he left.

These periods did correlate with having less than no money and then pulling some rabbits out of the hat by recycling Bily and Rodwell into Gibson, Pienaar, Jelavic and Mirallas.

August 09, 2015, 02:52:53 PM
Reply #650

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Well to be honest, I am as close to a pro-Martinez poster as you will find, and love the idea of building something and playing with a real identity.

But I don't actually see much of that happening? Isn't he an attacking coach? We've got two dm's and we're still shipping goals without carving teams up.

Think the nature of the performances are more important than the results in these first 10 games, and I couldn't be less convinced than I am I right now after what we served up in the first half.

This is exactly how I feel.

People on the outside will look at the result yesterday and think "ah a typical RM game, probably defensive errors but will have been an exciting, wide open game".

In reality it's almost as dull as any 0-0 but it's punctuated with poor defending and the odd bit of individual skill.

August 09, 2015, 03:37:47 PM
Reply #651

Azz

Only Southampton, City, Spurs and Chelsea coming up...   it can only get better. 

Wait...

'sake!!   

August 09, 2015, 03:40:28 PM
Reply #652

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

It's not even that really, it's the pathetic running back with tail between legs begging 'we are no better than you' bollocks. We are better, we are better than David fucking Moyes.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

August 09, 2015, 04:35:20 PM
Reply #653

Rodenplav64

I dreaded the start of every fucking season under Moyes . Same knee jerk reactions to not getting results against newly promoted teams and always getting dicked by the top 5 or 6 teams . Martinez cannot do any worse for me . Time will tell but the negativity on here is like Kipper at its best . Oh and if Mourinho was watching then would you pay that much for someone who gets put on his arse like a kid in a playground ?

August 09, 2015, 04:35:32 PM
Reply #654

sam of the south

Ah fuck.

I thought it was just a dream.

:-\
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 09, 2015, 04:50:02 PM
Reply #655

Mayor Farnum

It’s all Moyes’ fault. After all he was the one who convinced everybody that finishing sixth every season was a given.
Something clever written by someone else.

August 09, 2015, 05:03:23 PM
Reply #656

charlatan

lolol

Won't ever watch us again if this happens

Just passing on what I had been told.  Moyes coming back would be the last thing I want to happen, but I wouldn't be at all surprised given this board lack of forward thinking on everything else.

August 09, 2015, 05:15:13 PM
Reply #657

Mayor Farnum

Just passing on what I had been told.  Moyes coming back would be the last thing I want to happen, but I wouldn't be at all surprised given this board lack of forward thinking on everything else.

I don’t want Moyes back. I just think some people look back on his time here and judge him a little harshly. 
Something clever written by someone else.

August 09, 2015, 05:21:56 PM
Reply #658

claireyt

Was told similar, apparently with Moyes lined up to come back with Big Dunc as his assistant

Dear Lord pass me the rope now!

August 09, 2015, 05:22:39 PM
Reply #659

74Blue

If the most successful manager in our history couldn't do it, why would bringing back Moyes be any different.
Howard Kendall had TWO further bites of the cherry after departing for Bilbao and couldn't get close to replicating the side he he had built first time around.
Never, ever go back!
Moyes got us out of a hole and stabilised us, but even in his best years here, he bottled it every time it mattered. Moyes is a steady Eddie, not a winner. He's a guy who will go to a team that is struggling, work hard, sort out the work ethic of the squad and make them hard to beat, but he hasn't got that X factor that makes a good manager a winning manager. If we're after a steady Eddie that will make us hard to beat, we might as well go and get Tony Pulis in, as he would do exactly the same things that Moyes does well.