November 23, 2017, 01:50:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton agree fee for Mori  (Read 19662 times)

August 19, 2015, 05:30:00 AM
Reply #15

Outworlder47

someone on Twitter just said he has an Italian passport (the player, not the Tweeter)

no idea whether this is true or not

That is my understanding--no work permit necessary.

deCoubertin

August 19, 2015, 05:30:59 AM
Reply #16

MmmBlueRamirez

I wonder if he was the one who scouted Mauro Boselli when Martinez decided to sign him for Wigan for a club record fee - before loaning him out a few months later.

Eek

Think this Mori is the new Alcaraz.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 19, 2015, 05:32:26 AM
Reply #17

bluestevie

someone on Twitter just said he has an Italian passport (the player, not the Tweeter)

no idea whether this is true or not

If its true then we should be ok on the work permit front as he only has 1 senior cap for Argentina which would leave us applying for  exceptional circumstances in order to get one
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 19, 2015, 05:33:43 AM
Reply #18

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
He's signed for us according to uncredible Twitter accounts.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

August 19, 2015, 05:35:35 AM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's signed for us according to uncredible Twitter accounts.
Yaaay

Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2015, 05:36:37 AM
Reply #20

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Yaaay

Medical pending apparently. The river plate Twitter fan account seems gutted.

August 19, 2015, 05:37:27 AM
Reply #21

MexicanToffee

Was version of FM was this on?
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts and my local team are UNAL, more commonly known as Tigres. The final was home and away, here and River Plate.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

August 19, 2015, 05:38:29 AM
Reply #22

Fern

Eek

Think this Mori is the new Alcaraz.

Yeah, I totally get that feeling as well. S Americans aren't really renowned for good defenders, are they?

August 19, 2015, 05:41:02 AM
Reply #23

American Evertonian

I'm trying to think of any good South American centre backs that have been here in the last 10 years?

Never seen him play so can't add anything on what I think just doesn't seem to have been any decent ones here that I can think of.

David Luiz ;)
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 19, 2015, 05:43:04 AM
Reply #24

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts and my local team are UNAL, more commonly known as Tigres. The final was home and away, here and River Plate.

Haha!

You're Mexican? I never would've got that. Anyway my post was in jest aimed at @Bluedylan because the majority of his football knowledge seems to stem from the game, FM (football manager).

But congratulations, you're post is now my new sig  :thumbsup:

August 19, 2015, 05:44:49 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
some of the usual suspects writing off the lad at what must be a record time.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 19, 2015, 05:45:14 AM
Reply #26

Amata

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Funes Mori se va de RIVER.Es nuevo jugador del Everton pic.twitter.com/1Idvb2VUlg</p>&mdash; RIVER PLATE (@_RiverPlateCarp) August 18, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">GRACIAS! pic.twitter.com/DaDUFe5new</p>&mdash; RIVER PLATE (@_RiverPlateCarp) August 18, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks done this one.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

August 19, 2015, 05:45:38 AM
Reply #27

Cozzie

Not exactly enamored with this signing, but I wont judge till I've seen him play in an Everton shirt (providing rumors are true) obviously.

At the end of the day we do need back up there, and it doesn't seem that he would be too arsed sitting on the bench.

Who knows, perhaps the fact that he only recently won his first international cap suggests that he has progressed well as he has gotten older and is at a good stage in his career at the moment.

I hope along with this signing though we get another more established center half in, preferably with premier league experience and of course keep hold of Stones.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:46:54 AM by Cozzie »

August 19, 2015, 05:45:54 AM
Reply #28

MexicanToffee

Haha!

You're Mexican? I never would've got that. Anyway my post was in jest aimed at @Bluedylan because the majority of his football knowledge seems to stem from the game, FM (football manager).

But congratulations, you're post is now my new sig  :thumbsup:

No problemo bud... but not Mexican, just live here. 17 years  and counting.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:46:42 AM by MexicanToffee »
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

August 19, 2015, 05:48:00 AM
Reply #29

Fern

At least he give us a bit more height. I hope he turn out good. My gut feeling ain't great but for 5m, what the hey...