0 (0%)
Lukaku
25 (50%)
Kone (Sub)
2 (4%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
3 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 24729 times)

October 18, 2015, 02:43:34 PM
Reply #360

Juanito

I was watching this and ter ten minutes hoped we would get til half time at 0-0 and hoped we would go to a 4-3-3

United got it spot on tactically and we had no answer.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we had 3 in that gaping hole in the middle a little deeper and a bit more pace in the 3 up top, I felt it would have been better than that. I think it wss 4-3-3 the last two times we beat them

October 18, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
Reply #361

ally2

I was watching this and ter ten minutes hoped we would get til half time at 0-0 and hoped we would go to a 4-3-3

United got it spot on tactically and we had no answer.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we had 3 in that gaping hole in the middle a little deeper and a bit more pace in the 3 up top, I felt it would have been better than that. I think it wss 4-3-3 the last two times we beat them

Yes I thought we could have possibly brought Osman on in a 3 triangle with Barry and McCarthy but that would have probably meant bringing Barkley off and don't think Martinez was happy to do this. The price for bringing new players through.

October 18, 2015, 03:04:33 PM
Reply #362

Paddockoldie

I think the impact of HK death on the day of the game played a big part in our flat, disjointed performance. We're usually up for this game but we looked all over the place. A win for Howard would have been nice but it was just a sad day yesterday and for me. If Fergueson had died, i think utd would have been affected the same. Even the crowd felt subdued for most of the game.

RIP HK..

October 18, 2015, 03:54:29 PM
Reply #363

Cozzie

I thought we started very well, Lennon was closing down brilliantly and despite losing we still had some decent chances.

After the first goal it was just flat, the second pretty much killed us off, it was never going to be and the atmosphere was flat to begin with of course because of what happened.

Still think we will be ok this season, providing we don't get dogged with injuries, top 6 for me.

October 18, 2015, 04:04:58 PM
Reply #364

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Votes for Coleman Stones and McCarthy makes my head hurt

October 18, 2015, 04:27:38 PM
Reply #365

Rodenplav64

I thought we started very well, Lennon was closing down brilliantly and despite losing we still had some decent chances.

After the first goal it was just flat, the second pretty much killed us off, it was never going to be and the atmosphere was flat to begin with of course because of what happened.

Still think we will be ok this season, providing we don't get dogged with injuries, top 6 for me.

Agreed . Poor game not poor form . Stones , Coleman and Howard were below par . Galloway , as well as he has done , is going to have a spell where he is tired and the lad has been getting front to back pretty much on his own down the left . If Baines is not back soon then Mirallas has to come in down the left . Naismith is a grafter but Chelsea aside he is nothing more .

It is also fair to say and a compliment to us that Van Gaal appears to have done his homework . Something Ferguson very rarely had to do .

October 18, 2015, 04:27:51 PM
Reply #366

marky v

Not many going to walk out of that with any credit except for Lukaku who looked a bit up for the battle with the defence,

Utd put a brick wall of a midfield in and we had no answers other than long ball, that left hand side of Naismith and Barkley has never worked why we go back to it with options available I've no idea, they were tactically sound with the forwards acting as wide midfielders off the ball and then central midfield swamped with numbers, no way through so everyone just stood in the spots and looked clueless till we hit a long ball and tried to start at the front

October 18, 2015, 05:13:14 PM
Reply #367

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I don't like it.

It sort of takes away how special it is as well. The drums when the players are about to come out, roar of the crowd...then it starts.

Playing it as they run out (disjointingly) for the second half just cheapens the whole thing.
I have to return some videotapes.