0 (0%)
Funes Mori (Sub)
5 (10.6%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 30398 times)

October 25, 2015, 08:03:57 PM
Reply #495

Fern

Arsenal were fairly average today, and they still beat us pretty comfortably.

When viewed in isolation, you might say 'they're an excellent team, they can beat anyone at home'. But they didn't play that well, and that's now 1 point out of 9 (including two home games), and it could've easily been one point out of 12 but for the fightback against West Brom.

I'm pretty livid with the manager. We're pissing away points and goals unnecessarily. People say we've got this easier run of games, but there's no guarantees that we're going to deal with them. Anyone can beat anyone in the league, and it's not going to be easy.

Also his insistence on sticking with a calamitous keeper is costing us most weeks, and is going to invite pressure on his own job if it persists.

I don't really see anything to be remotely happy with (apart from the odd individual performance) in the last three games, not to mention the toothless City performance, the shite performance away at Spurs, Watford etc. I'm surprised at the relative optimism on here.

Totally have to agree with all of that. Do we play Sunderland next? I feel if we lose that game then questions need to be asked. If Sherwood was under pressure at Villa then so  should Martinez be.  We really have let ourselves down in the last 2 games against luke warm top sides and looks as if we've lost that steel, determination and work rate. I'm sure he'll get us winning again though. I have faith we'll win the games we're expected to.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:05:35 PM by Fern »