October 19, 2018, 12:07:48 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 233387 times)

December 06, 2015, 07:48:22 AM
Read 233387 times

Alfie Noakes

ANY GERMAN GOALIE GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE ANY GERMAN GOALIE PLEASE FFS YES...

December 11, 2015, 06:15:35 AM
Reply #1

Alfie Noakes

Why would Rooney want to come back when he's on 14 trillion quid a second in Manchester?

January 06, 2016, 05:06:13 AM
Reply #2

Alfie Noakes

Tarashaj looks to be pretty much done, then back on loan to Grasshoppers for the rest of the season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-close-signing-swiss-superkid-10691291

Is he hard of hearing though BD?

January 06, 2016, 05:16:04 AM
Reply #3

Alfie Noakes

Haha - guess who started the thread where the opening poster was bemused at rejecting an 8m bid? Your's truly.

Now be careful about our Uncle Leigh, he scores important goals including on the European Stage, works hard for the team and loves Celtic Football Club.

Mr Naismith is probably not dissimilar but i cant get his Rangers association out of my head (Big Dunc being a rare exception)

I now know why you've got such a miserable karma  ;)

January 06, 2016, 05:33:10 AM
Reply #4

Alfie Noakes

January 06, 2016, 05:35:26 AM
Reply #5

Alfie Noakes

It's the way they revel in their underdog status in Europe for me.

There's being the underdog and there's being just shit.

They won something in Europe before you were born so mind what you say  :shock:

January 06, 2016, 05:45:00 AM
Reply #6

Alfie Noakes

Yeah. And they don't half go on about it. All born within a few miles of Celtic park blah blah blah...YAWN.  Almost as nauseating as England and '66, and I'm English!

As nauseating as that Alfie Noakes, he still posts youtube Everton stuff from the 80's on here.

January 06, 2016, 05:55:14 AM
Reply #7

Alfie Noakes

Suffice is to say Martinez does seem to be unearthing promising kids from the English lower leagues and from European sources, so that can only be positive. Obviously not all of them will work out, but with Galloway, Holgate, Foulds, this Swiss lad, Del, Henen etc. It seems like very astute business.

I love it when managers take "risks" and go for talent where the most people think there is none.

(this Swiss lad made me think of the Porto guy- where is he now? Porto?)

January 06, 2016, 06:04:59 AM
Reply #8

Alfie Noakes

He won the league in Turkey I think last year, and then went to a Greek side. Was reading about him the other day. Can't be arsed googling which clubs. Also he worked under AVB, which I didn't realise.

I'm sounding like a little Englander there with 'this Swiss lad' aren't I?

Na, I'm still like that after 87 years abroad.

January 06, 2016, 09:28:56 PM
Reply #9

Alfie Noakes

Maybe not this window but a GK is the main weak link of the starting 11 (as everybody has already stated)

We missed a trick not getting Butland a couple of years back and imo we should be aiming for someone of Bernd Leno's age and quality. He won't have the English premium either and GK's are never too expensive (mignolet is 12th most expensive at 9 mil, de gea 2nd most at 18 mil).

I've seen good things of Ruulli at Sociedad too who is also young.

This window I don't see much coming in to improve our starting 11 tbh, I don't see us making any major signings and I wouldn't be too disappointed with that as the squad we have is more than capable if they can turn the corner results wise

Yep, Leno's a good call too.