4 (7.5%)
Kone
1 (1.9%)
Lukaku
18 (34%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 32854 times)

December 05, 2015, 03:24:00 AM
Read 32854 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Crystal Palace
Goodison Park
Monday 7th December 20:00
Premier League Match #15

Everton's last 5 matches

Everton 6-2 Sunderland (Deulofeu, Kone x3, Lukaku, O.G)
West Ham 1-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 4-0 Aston Villa (Barkley x2, Lukaku x2)
Bournemouth 3-3 Everton (Funes Mori, Lukaku, Barkley)
Middlesbrough 0-2 Everton - Capital One Cup (Deulofeu, Lukaku)

Crystal Palace's last 5 matches

Manchester City 5-1 Crystal Palace - Capital One Cup (Delaney)
Crystal Palace 0-0 Manchester United
Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace (Bolasie, Dann)
Crystal Palace 0-1 Sunderland
Crystal Palace 5-1 Newcastle (Bolasie x2, McArthur x2, Zaha)

Everton

Despite throwing away the lead twice to draw against Bournemouth last weekend, Everton have extended their unbeaten run to four matches in the league, the fourth longest current streak. It was also the fifth match in succession to see an Everton goal, a run only currently surpassed by Leicester (14) and Arsenal ( 8 ). Everton have scored 14 goals in their last four matches which is one more than they managed in their opening 10 matches this season and in their last six matches, they've scored more goals (15) than any other side in the league. Romelu Lukaku scored his 13th goal of the season last weekend and his eighth goal in his last eight Premier League appearances, whilst equaling his Premier League goal tally (10) from last season in 22 fewer appearances. Everton are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League matches played on a Monday night (W8, D7), though their last Monday night fixture at Goodison Park ended 0-0 with West Brom last season. Everton's last Premier League defeat on a Monday night came away from home to Wigan in November 2008.

Gerard Deulofeu picked up his fifth assist in six matches against Bournemouth last weekend, with four of those assists resulting in a goal for Romelu Lukaku. Deulofeu has provided five league assists for Lukaku in total this season which is the joint best in the league (Ozil to Giroud) whilst Arouna Kone assisting Lukaku is just behind with four goals. The only player to have provided more assists than Deulofeu in the Premier League this season is Mesut Ozil who leads by some distance with 11 assists, though he has spent over 500 minutes longer on the pitch than the Spaniard. As the graphic shows, Deulofeu has already equaled his goal and assist tally from last season's turbulent spell in Sevilla and he has created a total of 16 chances in the Premier League this season which is the second highest in Everton's squad behind Ross Barkley (28).

Possible Line-Ups

Crystal Palace

Alan Pardew became the 10th quickest manager to achieve 100 wins in the Premier League as Crystal Palace came from behind to demolish Newcastle 5-1 last weekend and pick up their third home win of the season, though Aston Villa are the only side to have lost more home matches this season. Crystal Palace's last away fixture came against Liverpool when Yannick Bolasie brought out his inner-Thatcher once again to heap more misery on scousers with the opening goal in a 2-1 win at Anfield. In fact, Crystal Palace have taken a total of 30 points in away fixtures since Pardew took over the club (W10, D0 L4) in January this year and the only side who can better that in the same time-frame is Arsenal (35). Crystal Palace are the only Premier League side yet to drop any points from winning positions this season having won all seven matches when they've taken the lead, however they have lost six of their seven matches when they've fallen behind. Palace have lost just one of their last five matches at Goodison Park (W2, D2) and have won 3-2 in their last two visits, but lost 1-0 at home when the teams last met.

Alan Pardew has a career average of just 0.85 points against Everton, the fourth lowest against teams currently in the Premier League with Manchester City (0.72), Arsenal & Manchester United (0.64) the only sides that Pardew has averaged less points against. However, his record against Roberto Martinez, couldn't be much more even with five wins each and no draws in their 10 meetings, though Pardew has lost four of their last five meetings and Martinez's sides have provided two more goals. In matches involving Everton and Pardew, 10 of their 13 matches have seen both teams score and in 11 of their 13 matches, there have been three goals or more. The most goals came in a 3-2 home win for Everton a couple of seasons ago.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 05, 2015, 04:01:35 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Dang, stupid of me - I only just realized this was on Monday. Thought I had a game to look forward to tomorrow.

December 05, 2015, 04:08:23 AM
Reply #2

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
i hate not playing on a saturday afternoon :(
I have to return some videotapes.

December 05, 2015, 04:17:24 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm still banning myself from going the game

Simply simply lovely

December 05, 2015, 04:24:13 AM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'm still banning myself from going the game

why? did you run on the pitch?
I have to return some videotapes.

December 05, 2015, 04:35:26 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
why? did you run on the pitch?
My three games on my halvsie ST were

Watford
Man u
Man c

So until we lose I'm banning myself

Simply simply lovely

December 05, 2015, 05:32:38 AM
Reply #6

Klown-Shoes

Got a lot of pace this outfit, will give us a run for our money. Also a fair setup for playing Leicester whos entire game is setup to exploit space behind the defence utilizing pace pace and more pace.
Cabaye's the ball player, the brains of the side (if any side with Pardew can have brains with the colossal tit end in charge) and is owed a severe beating for that treatment of a ballboy of Goodison that when confronted by Cahill got the Aussie dynamo red carded in his last game (although after the 90 minutes). A very stern welcomer for this filthy gobshite please.
We got Baines back midweek (comedy yellow card as well) but a small runout might not be full prep to run against Zaha for a full game. So no idea how LB will shape up.

A good game, played for both halves in full under the Goodison floodlit glory and a solid team performance. Would like a cleansheet but won't be holding my breath. Charge em up Berto and on your command unleash science......

December 05, 2015, 05:41:06 AM
Reply #7

GrantyBoy78

'Inner-Thatcher'. Genius.

December 05, 2015, 05:47:08 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got a lot of pace this outfit, will give us a run for our money. Also a fair setup for playing Leicester whos entire game is setup to exploit space behind the defence utilizing pace pace and more pace.
Cabaye's the ball player, the brains of the side (if any side with Pardew can have brains with the colossal tit end in charge) and is owed a severe beating for that treatment of a ballboy of Goodison that when confronted by Cahill got the Aussie dynamo red carded in his last game (although after the 90 minutes). A very stern welcomer for this filthy gobshite please.
We got Baines back midweek (comedy yellow card as well) but a small runout might not be full prep to run against Zaha for a full game. So no idea how LB will shape up.

A good game, played for both halves in full under the Goodison floodlit glory and a solid team performance. Would like a cleansheet but won't be holding my breath. Charge em up Berto and on your command unleash science......

Zaha is out brubru.

Not that it matters because someone like gayle or puncheon will score.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2015, 07:51:39 AM
Reply #9

howard1334

Need some more goals from other sources if we are going to maintain our current scoring rate. Not enough goals outside of Barkley, Kone, and Lukaku. Probably not sustainable.

December 05, 2015, 07:52:33 AM
Reply #10

howard1334

What is the chance Baines gets the start?

December 05, 2015, 02:52:30 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
What is the chance Baines gets the start?

The manager said: “Leighton had a very good introduction on Tuesday night. Now we need to see how he recovers. He’s going to need two or three days to get back to normal, and then we’ll make a decision on that.
“I think we need to introduce him back bit by bit, before he can get 90 minutes. But obviously, with his experience, it’s easy to get to that point very, very quickly.”

He might start then get an hour, I think it's more likely that he'll get half an hour as a sub.

December 05, 2015, 05:01:59 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Need some more goals from other sources if we are going to maintain our current scoring rate. Not enough goals outside of Barkley, Kone, and Lukaku. Probably not sustainable.

But if those boys score every week what's the problem?

December 05, 2015, 05:15:33 PM
Reply #13

howard1334

But if those boys score every week what's the problem?

Because I don't think they can maintain their present rate going forward. Kone is on track for 11, Barkley 14, and Lukaku 25 - that would be a crazy return from just three players in one team, and probably the highest number of goals from any three players on the same team in the league. When you have more options and are not dependent on a few players, you can ride waves a bit better when some of the players are not on form.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:19:00 PM by howard1334 »

December 05, 2015, 05:41:00 PM
Reply #14

Lxxx

Because I don't think they can maintain their present rate going forward. Kone is on track for 11, Barkley 14, and Lukaku 25 - that would be a crazy return from just three players in one team, and probably the highest number of goals from any three players on the same team in the league. When you have more options and are not dependent on a few players, you can ride waves a bit better when some of the players are not on form.

Let's embrace the fact we've got a number of regular scorers, not bemoan it. Delboy will chip in with a few more, Mirallas when he plays will always get you a goal and the same with Naismith.
We've also just scored a goal from a corner for fucks sake. It's at the back we need to be more concerned with.