4 (7.5%)
Kone
1 (1.9%)
Lukaku
18 (34%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 32733 times)

December 05, 2015, 05:47:57 PM
Reply #15

The Analog Kid

Zaha is out brubru.

Not that it matters because someone like gayle or puncheon will score.

It's Bolasie we have to worry about, he likes playing against us.

We should win, I'm not going.

December 05, 2015, 06:16:45 PM
Reply #16

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Hope to see Leighton back in the starting line-up

December 05, 2015, 07:10:31 PM
Reply #17

indiantoffee1975

I think Baines should perhaps start on the left side of midfield to help Galloway out and nullify the threat of Bolasie or Puncheon. May have to sacrifice Kone on this one.

December 05, 2015, 10:52:28 PM
Reply #18

Rodenplav64

They are tight at the back and quick on the break . Agree with playing Baines to support Galloway but Coleman is going to need to limit his forward runs with Bolasie a big threat . Tricky tricky game this one .

December 05, 2015, 11:19:54 PM
Reply #19

bacon sarnie

Press/counter is the Palace way.

December 06, 2015, 01:32:02 AM
Reply #20

blob

not really a fan of monday night football. fucking sky.

December 06, 2015, 01:40:06 AM
Reply #21

Simon Paul

Administrator
Baines will replace Galloway, they won't play together

Shame really as Galloway has done pretty well in Baines' absence.

Cleverley on the left on Monday I reckon

December 06, 2015, 01:42:35 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Baines will replace Galloway, they won't play together

Shame really as Galloway has done pretty well in Baines' absence.

Cleverley on the left on Monday I reckon

It's a shame but there's a real difference between a fantastic prospect doing a great job out of position, and one of the finest left backs in the league.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:42:54 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2015, 01:47:36 AM
Reply #23

Alanvideo

As well as Galloway has done ,we've really missed Baines.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 06, 2015, 01:50:57 AM
Reply #24

howard1334

I think Baines should perhaps start on the left side of midfield to help Galloway out and nullify the threat of Bolasie or Puncheon. May have to sacrifice Kone on this one.

Baines is not a left midfielder and he is not going to be effective there. He is best when overlapping.

December 06, 2015, 01:56:10 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator
I could see Baines and Cleverley having a wiff of Bainaar about it.

December 06, 2015, 02:03:52 AM
Reply #26

howard1334

Let's embrace the fact we've got a number of regular scorers, not bemoan it. Delboy will chip in with a few more, Mirallas when he plays will always get you a goal and the same with Naismith.
We've also just scored a goal from a corner for fucks sake. It's at the back we need to be more concerned with.

I am not bemoaning the goalscorers we have - I just want some more goals from our CMs and outside backs. I hardly think that is the negative and controversial stance you are making it out ot be. Per the above table, Crystal Palace has 7 players with 2 or more goals - we have 4. Those stats suggest they will be able to handle there leading scorer getting injured or playing poorly better than we will Lukaku, as they are less dependent on that scorer.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:05:42 AM by howard1334 »

December 06, 2015, 03:23:00 AM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I am not bemoaning the goalscorers we have - I just want some more goals from our CMs and outside backs. I hardly think that is the negative and controversial stance you are making it out ot be. Per the above table, QPR has 7 players with 2 or more goals - we have 4. Those stats suggest they will be able to handle there leading scorer getting injured or playing poorly, better than we will Lukaku, as they are less dependent on that scorer.

QPR are shit anyway.

I would imagine had Mirallas played more, he would have had a few goals too, but I think Lukaku would have less.

So long as we're scoring more than the opposition, I'm not concerned where they come from.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 06, 2015, 04:31:13 AM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I could see Baines and Cleverley having a wiff of Bainaar about it.

Yeah Baines and Osman or Bosman have their moments so a more mobile cleverley has some potential. And we shall call them Beverley.

December 06, 2015, 05:05:08 AM
Reply #29

howard1334

QPR are shit anyway.

I would imagine had Mirallas played more, he would have had a few goals too, but I think Lukaku would have less.

So long as we're scoring more than the opposition, I'm not concerned where they come from.

Meant to say Crystal Palace, not QPR.

But my point is that we are going to be less likely to score more than the opposition going forward if we don't get more balanced scoring.