4 (7.5%)
Kone
1 (1.9%)
Lukaku
18 (34%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 32795 times)

December 06, 2015, 05:45:04 AM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We're the joint 3rd highest scorers in the league, scored 8 more than Palace. Am not too concerned about where the goals are coming from.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 06, 2015, 06:01:55 AM
Reply #31

stirlingblue

December 06, 2015, 06:01:55 AM
Reply #32

Alfie Noakes

We're the joint 3rd highest scorers in the league, scored 8 more than Palace. Am not too concerned about where the goals are coming from.

Yeah but 8 teams have let in less goals. Still think there's a win on here though ;D

December 06, 2015, 07:46:04 AM
Reply #33

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

December 06, 2015, 07:54:30 AM
Reply #34

howard1334

You crazy American bastard

I try to avoid letting it creep in too often....

December 06, 2015, 07:55:10 AM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
I try to avoid letting it creep in too often....

That was among the worst I've seen that one, pal.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 06, 2015, 08:54:34 AM
Reply #36

howard1334

That was among the worst I've seen that one, pal.

There was a lot of indoctrination.

December 06, 2015, 12:17:23 PM
Reply #37

Cuttyblue

Got a lot of pace this outfit, will give us a run for our money. Also a fair setup for playing Leicester whos entire game is setup to exploit space behind the defence utilizing pace pace and more pace.
Cabaye's the ball player, the brains of the side (if any side with Pardew can have brains with the colossal tit end in charge) and is owed a severe beating for that treatment of a ballboy of Goodison that when confronted by Cahill got the Aussie dynamo red carded in his last game (although after the 90 minutes). A very stern welcomer for this filthy gobshite please.
We got Baines back midweek (comedy yellow card as well) but a small runout might not be full prep to run against Zaha for a full game. So no idea how LB will shape up.

A good game, played for both halves in full under the Goodison floodlit glory and a solid team performance. Would like a cleansheet but won't be holding my breath. Charge em up Berto and on your command unleash science......

A Cool for the Dude avatar. 

Don't see a clean sheet though.  Will need to get a few in the net Monday night.

December 06, 2015, 12:22:50 PM
Reply #38

Cuttyblue

not really a fan of monday night football. fucking sky.

Agree with you and Lizz on this; not ideal for local Blues or the overseas contingent.

All the money that comes in from the broadcasting rights is great for the club and all, but really doesn't help without a wage ceiling per club (like NFL).  Never mind, don't get me started...

December 06, 2015, 01:31:05 PM
Reply #39

TSGun

not really a fan of monday night football. fucking sky.

It's 6:30am kickoff Tuesday morning here. Which is pretty decent for us in Oz.

December 06, 2015, 02:25:37 PM
Reply #40

djws1788

It's 6:30am kickoff Tuesday morning here. Which is pretty decent for us in Oz.

not if you live in the West, 3:30am

December 06, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
Reply #41

Lxxx

Meant to say Crystal Palace, not QPR.

But my point is that we are going to be less likely to score more than the opposition going forward if we don't get more balanced scoring.

The problem with the balanced scoring is more an issue with the amount of goals we let in at the other end than where our goals come from.

Palace would love a 20+ goals a season centre forward like ours. They'd also love to have England's attacking midfielder who's got 7 goals already this season.
Point being there's maybe only '1 good game in 10' Bolasie and Cabaye I'd have in the Everton squad.

Once Baines gets back up to speed we'll have more balance to our attacks and I'm sure him and Coleman will chip in with a few from now till the end of the season.

December 06, 2015, 03:54:02 PM
Reply #42

howard1334

The problem with the balanced scoring is more an issue with the amount of goals we let in at the other end than where our goals come from.

Palace would love a 20+ goals a season centre forward like ours. They'd also love to have England's attacking midfielder who's got 7 goals already this season.
Point being there's maybe only '1 good game in 10' Bolasie and Cabaye I'd have in the Everton squad.

Once Baines gets back up to speed we'll have more balance to our attacks and I'm sure him and Coleman will chip in with a few from now till the end of the season.

I agree, our defense has been more of a problem, but goal scoring is not a zero sum game, and the more we score the better off we will be. Sure, there is bound to be some give and take between players, as when one player scores more, others are bound to score at a little lower rate, but it is not going to be at a 1-1 ratio. Lukaku and Barkley can still score goals, and we can get a goal every game or two from the likes of Baines, Coleman, McCarthy and Barry. Those four scored 17 between each other two seasons ago and 13 last, but have 0 so far this year. We have also only gotten 1 goal from a CB this season.

I am not in anyways suggesting that I would rather we be more like Crystal Palace on the whole, and I am not suggesting we should try to focus on getting others goals for the sake of it, but I do want to see some of the other players step up, particularly since Barkley and Lukaku are going to cool off a bit eventually. I don't have a problem with the number of goals we have scored thus far in itself.

I think you are right that others will start chipping in with greater regularity once Baines comes back into the team.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:58:15 PM by howard1334 »

December 06, 2015, 05:36:12 PM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Baines and Osman or Bosman have their moments so a more mobile cleverley has some potential. And we shall call them Beverley.

Yes. Let's start getting that in motion

December 06, 2015, 05:37:33 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Outside backs?

Heavy that