4 (7.5%)
Kone
1 (1.9%)
Lukaku
18 (34%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 32665 times)

December 08, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
Reply #390

Alfie Noakes

Watch it again with your glasses on .

I always watch with my glasses on.

December 08, 2015, 02:52:19 PM
Reply #391

Rodenplav64

I always watch with my glasses on.

I just like a goalie that comes and catches the ball . It wasn't even a difficult one to come for and he actually stepps into the player in front of him . He had a clear sight of it . I am 6ft4 and even at 52 I would have caught that one . Granted I would have been too stiff to get my foot on Bolasies effort .

December 08, 2015, 03:05:09 PM
Reply #392

Lxxx

How did we manage to dominate the game, hit the woodwork three times but still end the game with less shots than Palace?
Unbelievable how we can finish the game without a clean sheet when we had so much of the game.
These set pieces are fast becoming a joke and unless he appreciates that sometimes they can be the difference in tight games we're destined for mediocrity under him, regardless of how much young talent we have dotted around the pitch.

December 08, 2015, 04:03:52 PM
Reply #393

bluestevie

How did we manage to dominate the game, hit the woodwork three times but still end the game with less shots than Palace?
Unbelievable how we can finish the game without a clean sheet when we had so much of the game.
These set pieces are fast becoming a joke and unless he appreciates that sometimes they can be the difference in tight games we're destined for mediocrity under him, regardless of how much young talent we have dotted around the pitch.

This obsession you have with whether we practice set pieces or not is really bizarre. Never seen one poster be so worked up over something so trivial
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

December 08, 2015, 04:16:29 PM
Reply #394

hill135

Attacking set pieces are rarely, if ever, the difference between a mediocre and a good team.

December 08, 2015, 04:53:23 PM
Reply #395

Lxxx

Attacking set pieces are rarely, if ever, the difference between a mediocre and a good team.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the regularity of goals we concede from set pieces could be the difference between us finishing in a mediocre 8th or a respectable 4th. Plus the amount of goals we score from set plays (or not as the case may be) could also be a significant factor.

People rave about Spurs and their great pressing play and new brand of football but 40% of their goals have come from set plays this season, according to the official Premier League website. Over half of Palace's goals have come from set plays as well. Both teams above us in the league and both teams would kill for the attacking talent we have.

We've scored the most amount of goals in the league from open play which is great, but imagine if we put time, effort and a bit of ingenuity into our set plays as well? At both ends. We'd be higher up the league than we are now with less goals conceded that's for certain.

December 08, 2015, 05:00:29 PM
Reply #396

Major Clanger

I just like a goalie that comes and catches the ball . It wasn't even a difficult one to come for and he actually stepps into the player in front of him . He had a clear sight of it . I am 6ft4 and even at 52 I would have caught that one . Granted I would have been too stiff to get my foot on Bolasies effort .

:Horse:
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 08, 2015, 06:07:19 PM
Reply #397

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
This obsession you have with whether we practice set pieces or not is really bizarre. Never seen one poster be so worked up over something so trivial

its not trivial though, is it. We seem to concede by set pieces every game. and if we were better at taking corners, we probably would have won last night due to the number of corners we had.
I have to return some videotapes.

December 08, 2015, 06:30:11 PM
Reply #398

bacon sarnie

December 08, 2015, 06:52:02 PM
Reply #399

chang

Clearly Howards fault for giving the corner away in the first place ..... :whistle:

December 08, 2015, 09:19:33 PM
Reply #400

Cozzie

It's not trivial though is it, we concede far too many times from set pieces and Martinez admitted that he doesn't work on them.

It's a worry.