November 21, 2017, 02:21:59 PM

Author Topic: Norwich v Everton  (Read 31204 times)

December 11, 2015, 11:48:46 PM
Read 31204 times

Shogun

Administrator

Norwich City v Everton FC
Carrow Road
Saturday 10th December 12:45
Premier League Match #16

Norwich's last 5 matches

Manchester City 2-1 Norwich (Jerome)
Norwich 1-0 Swansea (Howson)
Chelsea 1-0 Norwich
Norwich 1-1 Arsenal (Grabban)
Watford 2-0 Norwich

Everton's last 5 matches

West Ham 1-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 4-0 Aston Villa (Barkley x2, Lukaku x2)
Bournemouth 3-3 Everton (Funes Mori, Lukaku, Barkley)
Middlesbrough 0-2 Everton - Capital One Cup (Deulofeu, Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace (Lukaku)

Norwich

Norwich fell to a sixth defeat in eight Premier League matches with a 2-0 defeat away to their fellow newly promoted side Watford last weekend. The Canaries have taken just four points (W1, D1, L6) from their last from their last eight league matches which is the second fewest behind bottom of the table Aston Villa, who have taken just two points in that period. Norwich have won just one of their last 10 Premier League meetings against Everton (W1, D5, L4) which came in a 2-1 win at Carrow Road in 2013 but in all competitions, their last five meetings with each other have ended in a draw at full time. Only Bournemouth (6) and Aston Villa (2) have taken fewer than Norwich's eight points in home matches this season and the Canaries have won just two of their seven league matches (W2 D2 L3). Norwich have the unwanted records of having the fewest clean sheets (1) so far this season and conceding the joint most goals (6) in a single match.

Without being a starter every week for Norwich this season, Nathan Redmond is their top scorer in the league with just four league goals but his stats compared to Everton's own bright young winger Gerard Deulofeu make for competitive reading. Deulofeu has been surprisingly shy in front of goal this season with stats recording just two shots from the winger in the premier league this season, which seems unusual whilst Redmond averages a significantly higher amount of shots. Despite not having anywhere near the number of assists, Redmond has actually created narrowly more chances Per90 this season. When the two sides met in the league cup this season, Redmond missed the final penalty to see Everton progress.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton come into this match on the back of a 1-1 draw at home to Crystal Palace on Monday night. The Toffees are now unbeaten in five league matches (W2, D3) and have scored in 11 of their last 12 matches in all competitions. Romelu Lukaku scored his ninth goal in nine matches to reach a milestone of 50 goals in 100 appearances for Everton and the Belgian has scored 27 goals in 2015 which is an Everton player's best in a calendar year since Adrian Heath scored 28 in 1984. He also equaled Peter Beardsley's (1991) feat of scoring in six consecutive matches for Everton, the last player to score in seven matches in a row was Bob Latchford in 1975. Everton have lost just one of their last 11 away fixtures in all competitions (W6 D4) but their only win at Carrow Road in 11 visits, spanning 26 years, was their 3-2 triumph in 2004. Only Bournemouth’s Andrew Surman (183.5km) has run further than Gareth Barry (177.7km) in the Premier League this season.

Everton have only accumulated four more points than they'd gained at this stage last season but they are three places higher in the table with a significantly stronger goal difference. All five of Everton's wins this season have came against sides currently residing in the bottom half of the table whilst all four of Everton's wins at this stage last season came against sides that eventually finished in the bottom half of the table. In the five fixtures to follow this point of the season, Everton lost four of them in 2014/15, taking just three points and conceding (10) twice as many goals as they scored (5) which means this will be an important part of the season for Roberto Martinez.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 11, 2015, 11:51:21 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

The best poster in town delivers once again. Shame on you people for doubting him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 11, 2015, 11:53:18 PM
Reply #2

The Analog Kid

The best poster in town delivers once again. Shame on you people for doubting him.

You may wanna read his last post in the awards thread Shog's.

December 11, 2015, 11:56:07 PM
Reply #3

Macca77

I reckon we will batter these 0-0

December 12, 2015, 12:05:24 AM
Reply #4

bluenuck

So do we rescue a point, or do we drop 2 points when we draw this game?

December 12, 2015, 12:11:05 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
You may wanna read his last post in the awards thread Shog's.

He's got a point to be fair!

December 12, 2015, 12:46:31 AM
Reply #6

GrantyBoy78

Norwich drew with Arsenal, last home game? Hmmm, I'm slightly less confident.

December 12, 2015, 01:27:44 AM
Reply #7

Macca77

So do we rescue a point, or do we drop 2 points when we draw this game?

We rescue a point from the jaws of victory

December 12, 2015, 04:06:55 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
The contest has particular significance for on-loan Liverpool full-back Andre Wisdom, who is relishing the chance to face Everton.
"It'll have a little bit of added significance because I'm a Liverpool fan - so obviously I don't like Everton," he told The Eastern Daily Press.

Andre Wisdom, Born and raised in Leeds to Jamaican parents.

December 12, 2015, 04:34:57 AM
Reply #9

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Nathan Redmond strangely looks a bit like Rocket from soccer am
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 12, 2015, 04:48:09 AM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

The contest has particular significance for on-loan Liverpool full-back Andre Wisdom, who is relishing the chance to face Everton.
"It'll have a little bit of added significance because I'm a Liverpool fan - so obviously I don't like Everton," he told The Eastern Daily Press.

Andre Wisdom, Born and raised in Leeds to Jamaican parents.

It'll be John Barnes' fault.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 12, 2015, 05:00:30 AM
Reply #11

sam of the south

Our studs are looking Godlike

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 12, 2015, 05:10:43 AM
Reply #12

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

December 12, 2015, 08:54:10 AM
Reply #13

howard1334

Need this one badly if we are going keep apace.

December 12, 2015, 09:12:30 AM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

It's about time we break out with a right proper battering.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin