November 18, 2017, 02:45:39 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 34058 times)

December 18, 2015, 04:33:59 PM
Reply #60

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Chris Armstrong scoring a hat tick for Spurs against us always sticks in my mind for some reason.

This list makes for grim reading.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Sinton, Efan Ekoku[4!], Chris Armstrong and Bradley fucking Allen.  All of them scored their only top flight hat-tricks against us.

Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 18, 2015, 04:37:07 PM
Reply #61

Macca77

This list makes for grim reading.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Sinton, Efan Ekoku[4!], Chris Armstrong and Bradley fucking Allen.  All of them scored their only top flight hat-tricks against us.

All horrendous games, the Bradley Allen one was by far the worst though (yes I know Ekoku scored 4 against us)

Steve Watson V Leeds, I'd forgot all about that one.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:39:42 PM by Macca77 »

December 18, 2015, 04:59:40 PM
Reply #62

AllyBlue14

I'll probably jinx it now and they'll both score a hat-trick, but I think we'll keep Vardy and Mahrez quiet. It'll be someone like Marc Albrighton or Okazaki and for some reason, it'll feel 10 times more disappointing!

Hopefully we'll turn up and just be at them from the off, although I quite like the idea of hitting them on the counter - tighten things up at the back, which would make things difficult for them and use the pace of Rom, Deulofeu and Ross on the break.

Whilst we're on the subject of crap scorers - Esteban Fuertes anyone?

December 18, 2015, 05:29:33 PM
Reply #63

GrantyBoy78

I'll probably jinx it now and they'll both score a hat-trick, but I think we'll keep Vardy and Mahrez quiet. It'll be someone like Marc Albrighton or Okazaki and for some reason, it'll feel 10 times more disappointing!

Hopefully we'll turn up and just be at them from the off, although I quite like the idea of hitting them on the counter - tighten things up at the back, which would make things difficult for them and use the pace of Rom, Deulofeu and Ross on the break.

Whilst we're on the subject of crap scorers - Esteban Fuertes anyone?

But Leicester play on the break, too. Some of their play really isn't very sophisticated. They punt the ball long to Vardy/Mahrez and rely on individual brilliance to score. Defensively they have that Kante lad who does a 'McCarthy' and covers every blade of grass. Huth as a no-nonsense 'stopper' at the back. Fair play to them for doing well this season but a few suspensions/injuries/lack of form and they'll drift away.

Oh, and Esteban Fuertes. Haha only goal before being deported, right? Hahahahahahah.

December 18, 2015, 05:32:55 PM
Reply #64

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Back in the Ekoku era, my Nan(who isn't a massive football fan) used to always hear me and my uncle talking about footy

One day she says to us "does this Ekoku play for Man United?"

"Then why do you hate him so much?!"

"We don't!"

"Your always calling him that effing Ekoku!"
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 18, 2015, 05:36:54 PM
Reply #65

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If we are doing grim goalscorers Ian culverhouse deserves a mention

I think he scored once in his career
Live on Monday night footy

Simply simply lovely

December 18, 2015, 06:02:21 PM
Reply #66

Bluenose 91

Ricky van Wolfswinkel is another.

Scored one and was shipped out on loan by January.

It must be one of those things fans of all teams say but it defo happens to us more than anyone.

December 18, 2015, 06:04:43 PM
Reply #67

Macca77

Its common knowledge that if a player is on a bad run and hasn't scored for ages he will score against us, happens all the time.

December 18, 2015, 06:12:00 PM
Reply #68

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

December 18, 2015, 06:12:33 PM
Reply #69

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Now Baines is back do we think we will have a left sided midfielder to complement him or Arouna?

shoulnt be...but i think he will start with Kone :(
I have to return some videotapes.

December 18, 2015, 06:37:17 PM
Reply #70

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
What about Carlton Palmer scoring a header from outside the box?

December 18, 2015, 06:54:23 PM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

I think Huth missing is a big chance for us. They're already quite leaky at their best, with their best defence playing, so I'm sure there'll be vulnerabilities for us to exploit. We really need to find that clinical, professional edge in this game when we create chances. Leicester will keep going at us when they have a chance to for the entire 90 minutes, so I think we'll need to be get more than 1 goal ahead.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 18, 2015, 07:21:57 PM
Reply #72

bacon sarnie

Not this weekend Leicester. Everton are gonna get yer....

December 18, 2015, 08:52:05 PM
Reply #73

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I think Huth missing is a big chance for us. They're already quite leaky at their best, with their best defence playing, so I'm sure there'll be vulnerabilities for us to exploit. We really need to find that clinical, professional edge in this game when we create chances. Leicester will keep going at us when they have a chance to for the entire 90 minutes, so I think we'll need to be get more than 1 goal ahead.

What was noticeable on Monday night was how leggy they looked the last 20 minutes.  Lennon and Mirallas are a must for the last 20-30 minutes for me.

December 18, 2015, 09:53:31 PM
Reply #74

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Kante has been fantastic for them. Seems to have unlimited energy. We have to be wary of their pressing.

Would hate to see Stones caught out by Vardy but I do fear it will happen

Leicester do concede a fair few goals, they are quite vulnerable from corners. I'm sure we've been working on them all week though so we should score from 3 or 4 set plays against them
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!