November 18, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 38115 times)

December 27, 2015, 11:49:04 PM
Read 38115 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Stoke City
Goodison Park
Monday 28th December 15:00
Premier League Match #19

Everton's last 5 matches

Middlesbrough 0-2 Everton - Capital One Cup (Deulofeu, Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace (Lukaku)
Norwich 1-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 2-3 Leicester (Lukaku, Mirallas)
Newcastle 0-1 Everton (Cleverley)

Stoke's last 5 matches

Stoke 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday - Capital One Cup (Affelay, Bardsley)
Stoke 2-0 Manchester City (Arnautovic)
West Ham 0-0 Stoke
Stoke 1-2 Crystal Palace (Bojan Pen)
Stoke 2-0 Manchester United (Bojan, Arnautovic)

Everton

Everton picked up their first win in five matches with a last gasp victory away to Newcastle on Saturday evening. However, Everton have failed to win in either of their last two matches at Goodison Park and form at Goodison Park has been unimpressive throughout the year with the Toffees winning just seven of their 19 matches at home in 2015 (D7, L5). Despite the lack of home wins, Goodison Park has seen 19 goals scored in it's last four fixtures and Romelu Lukaku has notched six goals in his last six home matches after netting just one goal in his 14 previous home appearances prior to that. Everton have now scored in nine consecutive league matches which is the joint most alongside Watford going into this fixture. Everton lost this fixture 1-0 last season but they've only conceded nine goals in their last 20 home league matches against Stoke and haven't conceded more than a single goal in any of those matches. They've also only failed to win in three of their last 10 PL home matches against Stoke (W7, D1, L2).

Possible Line-Ups

Stoke

Stoke made it three wins from four league matches at the Britannia Stadium with their comfortable 2-0 win against Manchester United on Saturday. Despite receiving many positive plaudits for their play this season, only Aston Villa (15) have scored fewer Premier League goals (16) than Stoke this season and no team has less goals away from home (6). However, only Spurs (14) have conceded fewer goals in the league this season whilst no side has conceded less goals than Stoke away from home (7). Stoke have kept a league high of  five clean sheets in nine matches away from home this season and they've kept eight clean sheets in their last 11 Premier League matches. Marko Arnautovic is Stoke's top scorer this season with six goals which is one more than he scored in the previous two seasons combined and this season, he has scored five of their seven goals against last season's top six Premier League sides.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 27, 2015, 11:56:54 PM
Reply #1

blob

stoke have done a lot right in recent weeks.

let's hope that changes tomorrow   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:33:24 AM by blob »

December 27, 2015, 11:59:04 PM
Reply #2

Trowel

Could do the preview in one word: Clattenburg.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 28, 2015, 12:16:59 AM
Reply #3

Macca77

I hate Stoke

December 28, 2015, 12:24:48 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Why are the two matches being played so close? What's wrong with playing this second game on Tuesday or Wednesday? Would make so much more sense.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2015, 12:25:50 AM
Reply #5

Thornton_19

The last minute winner against Newcastle is worthless if we cannot win here.

December 28, 2015, 12:35:54 AM
Reply #6

blob

Why are the two matches being played so close? What's wrong with playing this second game on Tuesday or Wednesday? Would make so much more sense.

it's always been nuts over the christmas/new year period. doubt it will ever change.

December 28, 2015, 12:40:36 AM
Reply #7

ally2

Yeah apparently we all love the Christmas fixtures. I don't. I think they're stupid. Why do our entire squad/team have to spend Christmas Day in a hotel in god knows where just so a Boxing Day game can be played? The weather is usually shit and it should be a time for families. I know a fair few love the tradition and that getting out f the house can be a good thing but I still don't get it.

December 28, 2015, 12:41:47 AM
Reply #8

WeimaranerBlues

Always loved the 2 games in 2 days but that was when everyone played, not now with others getting rest etc they played noon kick off at home and other get tues/wed

one thing matters the result, dont  care how we play over the xmas period as long as we win

December 28, 2015, 12:43:34 AM
Reply #9

WeimaranerBlues

Yeah apparently we all love the Christmas fixtures. I don't. I think they're stupid. Why do our entire squad/team have to spend Christmas Day in a hotel in god knows where just so a Boxing Day game can be played? The weather is usually shit and it should be a time for families. I know a fair few love the tradition and that getting out f the house can be a good thing but I still don't get it.

as far as i know bobby let them have time with their families and we travelled down late due to late kick off

December 28, 2015, 12:52:42 AM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
it's always been nuts over the christmas/new year period. doubt it will ever change.

I think they could have pushed the fixtures out a day this time. It is crazy.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2015, 12:53:28 AM
Reply #11

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber

Bank holiday Monday might have something to do with it

December 28, 2015, 12:53:52 AM
Reply #12

Gumpinio

7 games in 21 days isn't it?
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 28, 2015, 12:57:17 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Bank holiday Monday might have something to do with it

Oh, I didn't know it was a bank holiday.
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2015, 12:59:52 AM
Reply #14

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I genuinely don't mean this as an insult, but if you're complaining about football being on too frequently, you're probably somewhat depressed as a human being.