November 17, 2017, 11:58:08 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 38076 times)

December 28, 2015, 01:10:18 AM
Reply #15

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I think they could have pushed the fixtures out a day this time. It is crazy.

they did, the shite play on Wednesday...
I have to return some videotapes.

December 28, 2015, 01:15:09 AM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Why are people complaining about having lots of games in a few days? It's fucking brilliant and it's our league. We don't want to just have an identikit league like the rest of Europe. Don't worry about the players, they're incredibly well paid and looked after. Not having Christmas with their families is an extreme example of a first world problem, given the amazing ways in which they make a living and are rewarded.

And people say it ruins England's chances at tournament. Maybe it lessens them a bit, but mostly it's being shit, having only a limited amount of players, and having awful coaching that limits England's chances, not a couple of extra games here and there.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 28, 2015, 01:18:24 AM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
yep like a few on here, i love the mad xmas period. Loads of matches, travelling to games, sitting in the ground freezing sipping on a shitty brew, god awful weather, i love it!! and like BD says, its the English league, this is how it is!! I dont want to be like america or Europe, fuck that.
I have to return some videotapes.

December 28, 2015, 01:21:52 AM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I genuinely don't mean this as an insult, but if you're complaining about football being on too frequently, you're probably somewhat depressed as a human being.

I'm not complaining, and I'm really not sure of the link between depression and the amount of football. I was merely curious as to why the games were so close together when Tuesday and Wednesday were both free. Seemed daft to push them so close that's all.

I'm off to take some xanax now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2015, 01:23:50 AM
Reply #19

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry Blargs, my post wasn't directed at you at all, sorry if it seemed that way.

December 28, 2015, 01:25:30 AM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

I'm not complaining, and I'm really not sure of the link between depression and the amount of football. I was merely curious as to why the games were so close together when Tuesday and Wednesday were both free. Seemed daft to push them so close that's all.

I'm off to take some xanax now.

'Twas ever thus blarg. Surely you've noticed it in previous seasons?

Foreign managers (Klopp) come to the league for their first season and always kick off about it initially, and then everyone tells them to shut up and we move along nicely.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 28, 2015, 01:35:34 AM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
'Twas ever thus blarg. Surely you've noticed it in previous seasons?

Foreign managers (Klopp) come to the league for their first season and always kick off about it initially, and then everyone tells them to shut up and we move along nicely.

I totally forgot about the bank holiday. I always knew there were many games over the period, I just didn't remember them so close together. I've not celebrated boxing day in years, and of course it fell on Saturday this year, meaning Monday is a bank holiday. That's why I was confused.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2015, 01:54:16 AM
Reply #22

hill135

Nah it makes much more sense to have a winter break and there's a reason why every other fucker in Europe does it.

However, when it actually comes it I'm really glad of the busy festive football schedule. Christmas is fucking boring and it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

December 28, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
Reply #23

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Should bring back the easter games too

Simply simply lovely

December 28, 2015, 02:32:12 AM
Reply #24

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at next week's games, it's good we have half a team coming back from injury too lol
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2015, 02:36:33 AM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hope someone Twats Shakira in the cunt

Yeah I said it

Simply simply lovely

December 28, 2015, 03:03:50 AM
Reply #26

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Having a good Christmas period can have a massive boost to your season.

It can go the other way of course...

December 28, 2015, 03:09:19 AM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Having a good Christmas period can have a massive boost to your season.

It can go the other way of course...
Like last season..... Hull anyone?

Simply simply lovely

December 28, 2015, 03:10:47 AM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Like last season..... Hull anyone?

Peak tactics tombola!

CM of Baines and Naismith, Barry at LCB of a back 3; the horror, the horror...

December 28, 2015, 03:31:51 AM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Peak tactics tombola!

CM of Baines and Naismith, Barry at LCB of a back 3; the horror, the horror...
The Grimness of that game will live forever

Simply simply lovely