1 (2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Pienaar! (Sub)
2 (3.9%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 35731 times)

January 13, 2016, 11:42:12 PM
Reply #30

kramer0

I look forward to these battles with City. For a "top" PL side they aren't that obnoxious* and their players mostly get on with the game except for Toure, who finds it necessary to get in the ref's ear at every decision. Pellegrini is, for the most part**, a class act and has dealt with the Guardiola situation gracefully (in stark contrast to Mancini, who was always a wanker of the highest order). It still amazes me that Pellegrini gets so little credit for the "big" club jobs that he's had -- he's been great for City and was excellent at Real, denied the La Liga title by probably the greatest side in recent history.

They're going to pose a threat today but we have enough to steal a win. They play a suicidally high line and don't really have the personnel to deal with Barkley/Lukaku 1 v. 1, so if we sit back to absorb pressure and look to get those two on the ball in between their midfield and defense we might cause some problems.

As some others have said, I'm really hoping for a continuation of the solid play we've seen in the two fixtures before Dag & Red. However it plays out, we should learn something about how we need to set up for the second leg of the semifinal.

(And please, no Kone on the left tonight!)

* The players and manager that is. The support can be extremely obnoxious (see last week's game at Goodison).
** His moaning about the decisions in last week's game was kind of pathetic, though.

January 14, 2016, 12:08:07 AM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

Lads are all smiles in training ahead of the game.

COYB !!

Nice that Rom isn't even a little dead.  I was worried, because you know EVERTON
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 14, 2016, 12:09:22 AM
Reply #32

Evertonian in NC

I look forward to these battles with City. For a "top" PL side they aren't that obnoxious* and their players mostly get on with the game except for Toure, who finds it necessary to get in the ref's ear at every decision. Pellegrini is, for the most part**, a class act and has dealt with the Guardiola situation gracefully (in stark contrast to Mancini, who was always a wanker of the highest order). It still amazes me that Pellegrini gets so little credit for the "big" club jobs that he's had -- he's been great for City and was excellent at Real, denied the La Liga title by probably the greatest side in recent history.

They're going to pose a threat today but we have enough to steal a win. They play a suicidally high line and don't really have the personnel to deal with Barkley/Lukaku 1 v. 1, so if we sit back to absorb pressure and look to get those two on the ball in between their midfield and defense we might cause some problems.

As some others have said, I'm really hoping for a continuation of the solid play we've seen in the two fixtures before Dag & Red. However it plays out, we should learn something about how we need to set up for the second leg of the semifinal.

(And please, no Kone on the left tonight!)

* The players and manager that is. The support can be extremely obnoxious (see last week's game at Goodison).
** His moaning about the decisions in last week's game was kind of pathetic, though.

agreed, I also give them credit for being Ian Curtis' side (well before they were any good, obviously).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 14, 2016, 12:25:08 AM
Reply #33

stirlingblue

Haha! If we sign Gusto this January we could use FuMo with Gusto and have MoBe (pronounced 'moby') sat in front of them for protection.

All this will have @Bally screaming blue fucks or 'BluFo's left, right and centre! (as in "what in the screaming BluFo are you doing to their names you bunch of mindless cockwombles?")

Have a like, purely for Cockwombles.

January 14, 2016, 12:46:03 AM
Reply #34

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Traffic apparently horrendous en route to Manchester, trams to the ground also cancelled. There's more chance of us winning the league than the PL delaying KO though. Fans aren't even a second thought.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 14, 2016, 12:47:35 AM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2016, 12:47:42 AM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Osman is starting?

That is a very strange one.

January 14, 2016, 12:48:25 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I love osman but he can't be starting this type of game.

January 14, 2016, 12:51:15 AM
Reply #38

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
This mirallas thing has gone beyond a joke now.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 14, 2016, 12:51:17 AM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
I love osman but he can't be starting this type of game.

Yeah, but Pienaar is on the bench which is nice.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2016, 12:51:29 AM
Reply #40

Zoolander

Massive respect for Ossie but he shouldn't be anywhere near this first team tonight

January 14, 2016, 12:53:03 AM
Reply #41

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
 :thumbsup:seeI like Osman on the left tbh. More worried about Stones right back
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:53:38 AM by Silas »

January 14, 2016, 12:53:24 AM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

January 14, 2016, 12:53:41 AM
Reply #43

kramer0

I'm reserving judgement on Osman until I see how he copes.

Roberto is trying to emulate the balance we get from having Cleverley in the side but I doubt Osman has the legs to a similar job (and Pienaar isn't completely match fit yet). Still, his guile in possession may help us relieve some of the pressure we're likely to be under.

January 14, 2016, 12:54:04 AM
Reply #44

bluestevie

3 man midfield of Ossie, Besic and Barry is an interesting one. Bit risky having all 3 of our centre backs on the pitch though an injury to one and we are fucked for backups with Chelsea coming up at the weekend
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson