November 21, 2017, 05:57:48 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 52435 times)

January 16, 2016, 08:13:28 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

Chelsea have dropped Oscar for Matic apparently.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 16, 2016, 08:13:56 PM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

It's funny, after those two lovely City matches, we don't instantly scream that he's lost the plot when the team selection is unexpected.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 16, 2016, 08:17:37 PM
Reply #32

starblood

It's funny, after those two lovely City matches, we don't instantly scream that he's lost the plot when the team selection is unexpected.  :D

Nothing to do with the City games - more to do with players playing in their natural positions (Oviedo excluded).

January 16, 2016, 08:22:51 PM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Happy with that team.

Mori vey unfortunate to lose his place. But you've gotta be going stones and jags when fit.

January 16, 2016, 08:24:35 PM
Reply #34

toffee_scot

That is some bench we've got.

January 16, 2016, 08:25:27 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That is some bench we've got.

Absolutely. The grain is exquisite.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 16, 2016, 08:33:36 PM
Reply #36

hill135

Would have gone with the same back four as against City but otherwise happy with that.

Hoping for a repeat of the last game really.

January 16, 2016, 08:38:15 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Gonna be tough for Ross to hurt them through the middle with Matic and Mikel in there. Reckon we need a big game from Lennon and Mirallas out wide (although I would've left Del in personally).

January 16, 2016, 08:42:18 PM
Reply #38

Rodenplav64

Gonna be tough for Ross to hurt them through the middle with Matic and Mikel in there. Reckon we need a big game from Lennon and Mirallas out wide (although I would've left Del in personally).

I think if we can keep it tight and get the Kings Road wankers at the team a bit then he can come on and do more damage . Lennon gives us a bit more defensive cover for the first 45 . Mori is unlucky and that is the only change I would query . I guess he is a better inverted full back than Stones .

January 16, 2016, 08:47:14 PM
Reply #39

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'm down with that team. Oviedo will need Lennon in front of him, so the right decision not to start Deulofeu.

January 16, 2016, 08:48:53 PM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Can't see many goals in this

January 16, 2016, 08:49:25 PM
Reply #41

GrantyBoy78

Had a feeling Kev would get a start. Hope he makes the most of it.

January 16, 2016, 08:52:42 PM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
any good streams knocking about? the ones ive found are shite
I have to return some videotapes.

January 16, 2016, 08:52:47 PM
Reply #43

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Decent lineup.

Del has dipped in form recently so I'm fine with him being dropped and having to fight for his place.

Glad Stones has been taken out of the right back position, but less pleased to see Oviedo in his place.

Feel like Mori deserves to be starting, though if Stones puts in a masterclass like he did in his last game against Chelsea, then we'll be alright.

January 16, 2016, 08:52:53 PM
Reply #44

Bluedylan

I think if we can keep it tight and get the Kings Road wankers at the team a bit then he can come on and do more damage . Lennon gives us a bit more defensive cover for the first 45 . Mori is unlucky and that is the only change I would query . I guess he is a better inverted full back than Stones .

I'm not a Lennon lover, but I'm in the minority with that. Hope he totally proves me wrong.

One good thing about Oviedo at right back is that both of Chelsea's wide players are right footed (I think), so he should be adept at dealing with them coming inside off their left flank.