December 11, 2018, 06:09:39 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea City  (Read 61753 times)

January 24, 2016, 08:25:15 PM
Reply #360

charlatan

It's got to the stage where even against relegation fodder at home, I have little confidence we can win these games.

Something radical has to happen if we are to get back on track. Unfortunately, I cannot see the board making any decisions anytime soon.

Spot on.  When City rape us in midweek, they should put us out of our misery and fire the twat

January 24, 2016, 08:25:26 PM
Reply #361

Amata

Tweet from Ferdinand. Spot on from him.

Rio Ferdinand
rioferdy5
Makes me even more grateful that i was brought up at West Ham,where the fans & staff allowed for me to make mistakes while learning the game

Why should we allow him to make all his mistakes here, costing us points so Barcelona get a better player?
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

January 24, 2016, 08:25:29 PM
Reply #362

sam of the south

Carragher is bang-on here
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 24, 2016, 08:25:29 PM
Reply #363

christiffa25

I want Stones to play with the ball, he's going to continue to make mistakes what he lacks a little is somebody to scream at him when he does do something really stupid.

Problem is his manager is telling him to do this! There's a time and a place for playing the ball out.

People need to realise this clown is dragging us down. Not only that...his ridiculous tactics and philosophy is driving a wedge between fans and very good players who will eventually think...fuck this I'm off!!

In fact some already have that look on there faces!

January 24, 2016, 08:25:35 PM
Reply #364

kramer0

Even if we win this its just papering over the cracks.

This is what I was saying to people thinking we can go on a run and challenge for 6th. It's been like this for 18 months now and nothing has changed.

I can't argue with any of this. There are managers whose teams press and play with the ball. We sit back and wait to get bummed.

January 24, 2016, 08:25:39 PM
Reply #365

cantoffee

His head hasn't gone for the whole season. He started the season superbly.

He's a kid, and people are slaughtering him, in the way that they slaughtered Rom and Barkley last season. He's playing badly, don't get me wrong but I think some of the comments on here are distasteful.

Martinez, as the manager, can help protect him though and he isn't helping him by playing him in every minute. I would imagine he continues to encourage him to play his way despite the pressure he's getting from the crowd.

January 24, 2016, 08:25:40 PM
Reply #366

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
From the BBC text:

Since August 2013, Tim Howard has given away 5 Premier League penalties, at least three more than any other keeper.

January 24, 2016, 08:25:54 PM
Reply #367

Cozzie

Made up with Carragher there.

Completely slamming Stones, this is what he needs to hear, he needs someone to give him a fucking rollicking, it's true what he says, it's pure cockyness.

Needs to cut it out.

January 24, 2016, 08:25:57 PM
Reply #368

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No wonder the younger players are struggling

We've never really got behind young players tbh. Anichebe and Vaughan got a fair bit of stick, so did Rodwell. We want them to succeed but we don't want them to be given the time to, then when they go too early to a big club and don't develop it's sound because we all get to crow about it like the utter cunts we are.

January 24, 2016, 08:26:06 PM
Reply #369

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's fucking lame the way we always blame the crowd for a player playing shite.

Stones has believed the hype too much. There's no need to do a fancy little dummy there. That's not the crowds fault, it's his for thinking he's a lot better than he actually is.

January 24, 2016, 08:26:25 PM
Reply #370

irishtoffee

Sad when you agree with carragher

January 24, 2016, 08:26:42 PM
Reply #371

Amata

Watching that goal again, Howard steps back, looks at Ayew and then decides to try and kick it - that is definitely on him.  At first I thought it was 50/50 between Stones and Howard but Howard could have cleared that backpass with no issues.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

January 24, 2016, 08:26:56 PM
Reply #372

wepull

Cleverley is wandering too far off to the left making Barry to play little deeper in case we lose the ball. This is creating a void at the centre which is not helping us win the balls once cleared and have a sustained spell of pressure.

January 24, 2016, 08:27:08 PM
Reply #373

blueblueblue

Whining about our fans is a bit harsh, its our club, the players are transient professionals earning a wage and a very good wage and at times its embarrassing how bad they play. If you pay your hard earning money to watch the team you love and get served up this dross week after week i believe you are fully within your rights to vent.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

January 24, 2016, 08:27:10 PM
Reply #374

Major Clanger

Agreed in general, but the team that took the pitch today doesn't look bothered. They deserve all the abuse coming their way for that half.

I think they're more afraid than not bothered. Swansea seem to have worked us out pretty well and they're pressing us hard, so knees start wobbling and all that. That's the downside of the confidence-based approach Martinez brought in, that worked so well in our first season.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.