November 21, 2017, 11:42:42 PM

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 50276 times)

January 26, 2016, 07:05:55 PM
Reply #30

kramer0

Just when Aguero finds form, Besic and Mirallas injured, Kone to start an away game on the left of midfield against City?

I hope at least McCarthy is ready and Clev goes on the left, as otherwise an early City goal might kill us.

I find Clev has been impressive but leaves Barry exposed and better fits a 4-3-3 or out on the left as I don't think he covers the right areas defensively.

I also think we would have one on Sunday if Besic and back on form Mirallas played.

Hopefully Piennar could do a job or Oviedo if McCarthy does not start but I have a feeling he will throw him in.

Kone on the left is my nightmare. City will rip us limb from limb if we set up like that.

January 26, 2016, 08:02:03 PM
Reply #31

starblood

Kone on the left is my nightmare. City will rip us limb from limb if we set up like that.

Well.......didn't he play Naismith (left) and Atsu (right) for the away leg to Kiev in very similar circumstances? And people say he is stubborn and doesn't learn? Kone it is then!

Just saying to raise your spirits  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:11:56 PM by starblood »

January 26, 2016, 08:05:47 PM
Reply #32

OSCAR99

Do away goals only count after extra time?
yes if they score 1st we have to score or were out

January 26, 2016, 08:20:50 PM
Reply #33

TSGun

Martinez has suggested McCarthy is definitely fit. Helps a bit.

January 26, 2016, 08:36:55 PM
Reply #34

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder how we'll fuck this one up.

Haven't had a comedy own goal yet. I'll plump for that.

Early sending off for me.  We've not had one of them for a while.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 26, 2016, 08:40:53 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Good shout. A heroic defeat with 10 men.

We love a heroic defeat.

January 26, 2016, 08:43:06 PM
Reply #36

Shogun

Administrator
Last minute heartbreak I reckon, then we get torn apart in extra time.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 26, 2016, 08:52:16 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm out on my days. For some reason I thought this was on today.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 26, 2016, 09:00:25 PM
Reply #38

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'm out on my days. For some reason I thought this was on today.

Not sure why its not, tbh.  Always thought you played them Tues/Wed and then the opposite, so we'd be Tues this week and them lot would be on tomorrow?

January 26, 2016, 09:09:43 PM
Reply #39

Rhys

Not sure why its not, tbh.  Always thought you played them Tues/Wed and then the opposite, so we'd be Tues this week and them lot would be on tomorrow?

Normally thats what happens. Could be because our game last weekend was on the sunday so thought better to have ours Wednesday rather than play sunday - Tuesday.

January 26, 2016, 09:14:19 PM
Reply #40

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Normally thats what happens. Could be because our game last weekend was on the sunday so thought better to have ours Wednesday rather than play sunday - Tuesday.

Surely not.  That would require the league or whoever is playing fixture god this week to have an inkling of common sense!

January 26, 2016, 09:23:47 PM
Reply #41

sootyjrw

The positives for me are that they will play Ottomendi and Demichaelis at the back, Rom should destroy them, another is that they will dominate possession so we have to set up to be solid and hope to catch them on the counter

January 26, 2016, 09:27:33 PM
Reply #42

School of Science

Yes and we have to concede either a massive deflection or a controversial penalty. The referee is Martin Atkinson, apparently the ref in the first leg didn't help City enough.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 26, 2016, 09:30:39 PM
Reply #43

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Just to defend Kone a bit as I realise he is a boo boy, but when he does play Lukaku seems to be a lot more involved and a lot more likely to score

Though there are obviously flaws to having him on the pitch, and I realise we aren't just going there tomorrow trying to make the game open with loads of chances. Can we really trust our defence to do their job and keep them out though?

I've got my doubts
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 26, 2016, 09:34:57 PM
Reply #44

Shogun

Administrator
Just to defend Kone a bit as I realise he is a boo boy, but when he does play Lukaku seems to be a lot more involved and a lot more likely to score

Though there are obviously flaws to having him on the pitch, and I realise we aren't just going there tomorrow trying to make the game open with loads of chances. Can we really trust our defence to do their job and keep them out though?

I've got my doubts

:Kone:
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth