32 (47.1%)
Lennon
28 (41.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle United  (Read 44730 times)

February 04, 2016, 05:12:01 AM
Reply #465

chang

Barring two stupid, kamikaze, 96th minute pieces of defending we'd be comfortably in 7th position now. Fine margins.

Incompetent linesmen have had a say too...

February 04, 2016, 05:12:49 AM
Reply #466

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Did he play tonight?

Do rate him though. Needs to get out of Newcastle pronto.
Yeah 90 mins

Snide tackle on Jagielka too
Simply simply lovely

February 04, 2016, 05:38:23 AM
Reply #467

Evertonian in NC

FUCK EVERYTHING says the ugly American who had Win, 2-0 (Lennon) in Prediction League.

Voted Lennon, but Ross and Jags were obviously boss as well.  Don't overlook the unsung hero of the night, Bryan Oviedo.  He was VERY effective up and down the pitch, and showed no signs of fatigue.  Did lots of little things to help us, and provided needed energy.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 04, 2016, 05:40:57 AM
Reply #468

Lxxx

Oviedo definitely worth a new contract. Decent squad player.

February 04, 2016, 06:41:14 AM
Reply #469

GrantyBoy78

Oviedo definitely worth a new contract. Decent squad player.
Deffo. Hard to find good characters who don't throw their toys out the pram when they're dropped/rotated. Some terrible shouts on here to sell during Jan - simply not worth it for what we'd get for him. Top bloke, too.

February 04, 2016, 09:04:33 AM
Reply #470

howard1334

I don't think Robles is any better than Howard in terms of goalkeeping ability but...

I do think he's better at showing for and distributing the ball. He seems particularly adept at picking out the fullbacks with nicely weighted long passes. He's worth persisting with for this reason alone. I doubt we would see a cock-up like the one that led to Swansea's penalty with him on the pitch because he'd give Stones an option sooner and then promptly kick the ball upfield.

At this point, I would say he is better. Howard was definitely a better keeper 3 or 4 seasons ago, but at this point, Robles has surpassed him. Keeping is all about consistency, and Robles is far more consistent.

February 04, 2016, 09:28:32 AM
Reply #471

Gumpinio

I missed all the coverage of the game.  Can someone explain why Lukaku came off at half time?
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 04, 2016, 09:34:02 AM
Reply #472

howard1334

I missed all the coverage of the game.  Can someone explain why Lukaku came off at half time?

Knee to the back.

*edit
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:51:28 AM by howard1334 »

February 04, 2016, 09:34:58 AM
Reply #473

kramer0

Coloccini kneed him in the back. It looked like it hurt but hopefully it's nothing too serious.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:35:13 AM by kramer0 »

February 04, 2016, 09:51:46 AM
Reply #474

howard1334

It was nice to win today. That is all.

February 04, 2016, 02:13:54 PM
Reply #475

indiantoffee1975

Nice to have that winning feeling again. Shame it doesnt happen often enough with the players that we have.
We'll finish the season around the same points tally as last season - not good enough.

February 04, 2016, 03:06:43 PM
Reply #476

Jamokachi

Nice to have that winning feeling again. Shame it doesnt happen often enough with the players that we have.
We'll finish the season around the same points tally as last season - not good enough.

Cheer the fuck up! Jesus.

February 04, 2016, 03:12:56 PM
Reply #477

Paddockoldie

Glad of the win but there was a dodgy last 10 before the pen when we were just hoofing it clear only for it to come back... Loved Ross.. stood up last night with the pens and used his loaf. What was also evident was how finished Kone is as a top flight striker.

February 04, 2016, 03:24:59 PM
Reply #478

Ross

10th clean sheet of the season. 9th for Robles. Granted he didn't really do much tonight but it's what he doesn't do now that's noticeable. You can tell he really concentrates on doing the basics properly and although he has got a fuck up in him still he's holding it together at the minute. Deserves a run from here on in. Dozen games or so to give him some confidence and see how we get on.

Actually Howard's kept 6 clean sheets and Robles has kept 4 (mostly against championship sides). Robles has played 9 games in total and conceded 9 goals, on average a goal a game.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 04, 2016, 03:26:09 PM
Reply #479

Lxxx

Glad of the win but there was a dodgy last 10 before the pen when we were just hoofing it clear only for it to come back... Loved Ross.. stood up last night with the pens and used his loaf. What was also evident was how finished Kone is as a top flight striker.

As stubborn and blinkered as Martinez is, the signing of Niasse must be because he has seen the decline of Kone and knows he needs a replacement. He's given him every chance this season and, hat-trick aside, he's just not up to the task at this level anymore. Everything is so slow and laboured.