1 (2.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 26530 times)

February 06, 2016, 02:39:03 AM
Read 26530 times

Shogun

Administrator

Stoke City v Everton
Britannia Stadium
Saturday 6th February 15:00
Premier League Match #25

Stoke City's last 5 matches

Stoke City 0-0 Arsenal
Leicester City 3-0 Stoke City
Liverpool 0-1 (6-5 Pens) Stoke City - Capital One Cup (Arnautovic)
Crystal Palace 1-0 Stoke City - FA Cup
Manchester United 3-0 Stoke City

Everton's last 5 matches

Manchester City 0-0 Everton
Chelsea 3-3 Everton (O.G, Mirallas, Funes Mori)
Manchester City 3-1 Everton - Capital One Cup (Barkley)
Carlisle United 0-3 Everton (Kone, Lennon, Barkley)
Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (Lennon, Barkley Pen x2)

Stoke City

Stoke come into this match in a really poor vein of form having lost four of their last five fixtures in all competitions and even managing to lose their Capital One Cup tie against Liverpool despite winning the match. Their last match resulted in a 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford with a team more akin to that of the Tony Pulis days, led by Jon Walters and Peter Crouch. That was the 10th occasion that Stoke have conceded the first goal in a Premier League match this season and they've only managed to salvage one point when conceding the first goal, losing nine of those matches. Stoke have failed to score in any of their last three league matches and they haven't gone four league matches without scoring since March 1985. Although, Stoke have only lost two of their last nine Premier League fixtures at home and they have beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United during that sequence whilst their losses came against Watford and Crystal Palace. Should he feature, Peter Crouch will become the 25th different Englishman to reach 400 Premier League appearances.

Despite all the plaudits that Stoke have received for changing their identity with players like Bojan, Shaqiri and Afellay, they're not doing any better than at this stage last season as far as the stats are concerned. The Potters have exactly the same amount of points as they did at this stage last season whilst they've scored fewer goals and narrowly conceded fewer goals. They're still averaging 50% possession per game whilst their creating fewer chances, the 6th lowest in the Premier League. Their shot accuracy has improved markedly but it's still the lowest in the Premier League alongside Aston Villa this season and they're winning a fewer percentage of tackles. Mark Hughes is undoubtedly, still a massive cunt.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton ended a run of five matches without a win (D3 L2) in the premier league in midweek with a 3-0 win over Newcastle at Goodison Park but it still means that Everton's only league victories since September have come against sides in the bottom three places of the table. Southampton are the only side currently in the top half of the table that Everton have beaten this season in 12 matches (D6 L5) and that came in their second match of the season. Everton have only lost one match away from home this season which is the joint best in the Premier League alongside Tottenham and Leicester but they've also only won three times on the road and drawn a league-high of seven matches. Ross Barkley scored his seventh and eight Premier League goal this season with a couple of penalties against Newcastle which equals his total from the previous two seasons combined whilst Riyad Mahrez (23) and Mesut Ozil (19) are the only midfielders who have been central to more goals than Barkley (15) this season.

It'll probably come as no surprise to any Everton fan that Shaqiri's only two Premier League goals came in that one match at Goodison Park this season. A match which also saw a goal from Gerard Deulofeu who has scored in both of his appearances against the Potters for Everton. Speaking of the first fixture, Ross Barkley is the Englishman with the most assists (7) this season but his last assist came in the match in December which saw the third of four matches between the sides to feature a match deciding penalty. Deulofeu trumps the Swiss in the majority of the statistics, most notably in terms of assists and dribbling whilst they've both scored the same amount of goals despite just eight shots coming from the Spaniard this season compared to 27 from Shaqiri. The Stoke winger does boast a significantly higher pass completion rate (85%) than Deulofeu (74%) whilst he wins more freekicks (1.24 Per90) than the Spaniard (0.86 Per90) as well, but he's given 15 free-kicks away this season too whilst Deulofeu has conceded 13 fewer.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 06, 2016, 02:44:55 AM
Reply #1

Ross

2-0 do these wannabes.

Oh and Mark Hughes is a right cunt who I'd never want near our club. The cunt.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 06, 2016, 02:53:25 AM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

What about new lad?

February 06, 2016, 02:59:50 AM
Reply #3

kramer0

Again, bracing myself for the worst. These are the new Villa for me -- even if we outplay them they'll find a way to nick a result. Let's play back their goals from previous matchup:

Goal 1: Poor defending, reasonably simple finish for Shaqiri. They deserved this one.
Goal 2: Not great to allow the space, but either (1) a world-class finish, or (2) a mishit cross that flew into the net*.
Goal 3: We didn't deal well with the ball in but it was a really difficult finish from that angle.
Goal 4: Not. A. Fucking. Penalty. If I had my way, this goal would be marked: (Clattenburg, 90+1)**

That's three fortunate goals. We weren't great defensively (obviously) but Stoke were exceedingly lucky. I'd also like to mention that Bojan dived badly for their winner at Goodison last year. Fuck these mutants.

<Prepares self for similar frustrations tomorrow>

* Charlie Adam says mishit cross but I'll be damned if I'm going to take that cunt at his word.
** Actually, (Twattenburg, 90+1) if I really had my way because it highlights his extreme twat-ness. How long did he wait to point to the spot? Did I mention that Clattenburg is a twat? The fact that this guy is considered one of the top refs in the English game makes me ill.

February 06, 2016, 03:03:27 AM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Will beat these. Looking forward to it, although ill miss the game as im in a meeting :( was in a meeting during the Newcastle game too so lets just hope we do better when i dont watch!!
I have to return some videotapes.

February 06, 2016, 03:04:24 AM
Reply #5

kramer0

Also, I want to point out Shaqiri's stupid face.

I would have dealt with it had he signed here but it sure does rankle in a Stoke kit.

February 06, 2016, 03:13:51 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Shaqiri is gonna be one of those bastards who only does it against us isn't he

Simply simply lovely

February 06, 2016, 03:25:35 AM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

I think Imbula will play in midfield, Afellay will be further forward and Bojan will be up front and Bojan's the one to worry about for me.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2016, 04:30:26 AM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iam a massive fan of arnoutavic

February 06, 2016, 04:39:14 AM
Reply #9

Bally

Administrator
His bird is proper fit like, she was in the away end over Xmas
It's the roll I way

February 06, 2016, 04:41:06 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
His bird is proper fit like, she was in the away end over Xmas

like it in the away end does she?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:41:28 AM by TheRam »

February 06, 2016, 04:50:52 AM
Reply #11

Outworlder47

Supposedly available after the season for a 12.5M release clause, since he'll be in the last year of his contract.

February 06, 2016, 05:00:55 AM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'll make my comment on him after the game tomoz

Simply simply lovely

February 06, 2016, 05:12:04 AM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'll make my comment on him after the game tomoz

You can say an opposition player is good.

It's when you say someone is an absolute bag of shite like Jon Walters when it comes and bites you on the ass.

February 06, 2016, 05:15:31 AM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
You can say an opposition player is good.

It's when you say someone is an absolute bag of shite like Jon Walters when it comes and bites you on the ass.
Trust me, I am the biggest jinx known to man. I'm famous around here for it

So I'll comment afterwards

Simply simply lovely