November 17, 2017, 11:46:12 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 38325 times)

February 14, 2016, 02:58:27 AM
Reply #615

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

We don't often play bad enough to get angry about and we don't often play good enough to get excited about. It's just all very meh at the minute, which is the worst place to be as I associate meh with that group of teams in the centre of the league that won't go down nor trouble the silverware engravers. Which is what we're becoming.

This is a potential problem.

We don't look like we're that far away from being a good side.

Winning 1 in 3 means that the last good result/performance is often not that long ago which sticks in people's minds.

We're in danger, based on the last 2 seasons, of always being in this limbo. Not quite making it to the level we should, but equally never being appalling enough to force some sort of change.

February 14, 2016, 03:16:05 AM
Reply #616

Major Clanger

Sounds like a lot of marriages I've seen.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 14, 2016, 03:38:06 AM
Reply #617

TheTone

We don't often play bad enough to get angry about and we don't often play good enough to get excited about. It's just all very meh at the minute, which is the worst place to be as I associate meh with that group of teams in the centre of the league that won't go down nor trouble the silverware engravers. Which is what we're becoming.

correct and I feel with this potential new investment it will just enable us keep pace with these mid table teams rather than challenge for top 4 under the current management at least

February 14, 2016, 03:48:58 AM
Reply #618

Alfie Noakes

Of course you can say WBA defended really well but you could also say they are anti-football.

February 14, 2016, 04:07:48 AM
Reply #619

Tinga

Of course you can say WBA defended really well but you could also say they are anti-football.

There's no could about it, they're one of the most negative teams I've seen for a long time. However it's how you beat Everton at home these days, we don't seem to have the players to unlock defenses who set up like it's the 90th minute.

February 14, 2016, 04:19:16 AM
Reply #620

super_ape89

Rondon was eating popcorn for the vast majority of that game.

February 14, 2016, 04:33:59 AM
Reply #621

Macca77

First half was good, did everything but score, second half was like our subs, fucking forgetfull

February 14, 2016, 04:34:10 AM
Reply #622

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Rondon was eating popcorn for the vast majority of that game.
Cheeky fucker went off with cramp

Simply simply lovely

February 14, 2016, 04:34:56 AM
Reply #623

ally2

What a depressing afternoon that was.  And bloody freezing to boot.  I'm absolutely sick of this shite and it is actually really annoying to watch us play at Goodison - the crowd is so impatient, the play is so predictable, and I find myself instead watching our best players body language in the vain hope that I might convince myself that they might be thinking it would be good for them to stay at Everton.  Absolutely no chance!

February 14, 2016, 04:51:41 AM
Reply #624

TSGun

Man, there are times I just hate football.

So disappointed.

February 14, 2016, 05:19:17 AM
Reply #625

Lxxx

Why would they come here and go toe to toe against more superior players? Especially when they're under pressure to stop the slide towards relegation and it's a pretty effective way to beat Everton these days.
They got their tactics spot on. Everyone knew how they'd play but they came, they performed and left with 3 pts. Job done.

February 14, 2016, 09:41:14 AM
Reply #626

Omar

Cheer up lads, Scalia died!

February 14, 2016, 03:32:53 PM
Reply #627

Alanvideo

................... the crowd is so impatient, the play is so predictable
.............insert the word ''because '' in the middle of your quote. We suffered for 75 minutes after they scored so I think we were quite patient ! And yes it was freezing !
We are special ,we are Everton.