0 (0%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Niasse (Sub)
2 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 38713 times)

February 20, 2016, 01:40:20 AM
Read 38713 times

Shogun

Administrator

AFC Bournemouth v Everton
Vitality Stadium
Saturday 20th February 17:15
FA Cup 5th Round

Bournemouth's last 5 matches

Sunderland 1-1 Bournemouth (Afobe)
Portsmouth 1-2 Bournemouth - FA Cup (King, Pugh)
Crystal Palace 1-2 Bournemouth (Pugh, Afobe)
Bournemouth 0-2 Arsenal
Bournemouth 1-3 Stoke City (Ritchie)

Everton's last 5 matches

Manchester City 3-1 Everton - Capital One Cup (Barkley)
Carlisle United 0-3 Everton (Kone, Lennon, Barkley)
Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (Lennon, Barkley Pen x2)
Stoke City 0-3 Everton (Lukaku Pen, Coleman, Lennon)
Everton 0-1 West Brom

Bournemouth

Bournemouth probably had their worst performance of the season with a 3-1 defeat at home to Stoke City in their Premier League match, last weekend producing their second consecutive defeat at the Vitality Stadium, after losing to Arsenal in the previous match. In fact, Bournemouth have only won three of their 13 matches at home all season (D4, L6) with Sunderland, Norwich and Manchester United the only sides to leave empty handed. The Cherries have lost three of their last four home matches and conceded at least twice in all of those defeats. This is just the fourth time Bournemouth have reached this stage of the FA Cup and although they've lost two of their previous three fifth round ties, both defeats came in a replay. Everton won 5-0 in the only previous meeting between the two clubs, back in 1937. Bournemouth have fallen behind on 14 occasions in the Premier League this season and they've only managed to pick up points in two of those instances (3-3 v Everton, 1-2 v Crystal Palace).

Seamus Coleman scored his first goal of the season in Everton's last away fixture at Stoke City whilst Adam Smith scored his first Premier League goal to give Bournemouth the first of their three goals in the 3-3 draw between the clubs earlier this season. Smith has two Premier League goals from right back this season which is one more than Coleman despite the fact he has had 8 shots fewer than the Irishman (14). As the graphic shows, Smith also seems much better in a tackle and that's reflected by the number of tackles Per90 whilst he also boasts a winning tackle percentage of 57% compared to Coleman's meagre 46%. Unsurprisingly, Coleman does have better dribbling statistics but there is only a slight difference as the Everton defender leads by just three percent in the successful dribbles category (61%) and he's created 16 chances this season, four more than the Bournemouth man.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton lost their sixth home match of the season last weekend as they failed to break down a dogged West Brom defence to lose their third match of 2016 with a 1-0 defeat (W5, D3). However, Everton have only lost two of their 17 away matches in all competitions this season with Manchester City (Capital One Cup Semi Final) and Arsenal (Premier League) the only teams to win against the Toffees at home this season. Everton have reached the Quarter Final stage in three of the last four seasons of the FA Cup with both victories coming at Goodison Park as they needed a replay to progress past Oldham in 2012/13 and beat Swansea at home in the 2013/14 season. Everton have produced the fifth highest amount of shots on goal in the Premier League this season and 53.8% of those shots have found the target which is the fourth highest of all Premier League teams whilst 18.5% have found the back of the net, second only to Leicester City (20.3%).

Atkinson is a cunt.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 20, 2016, 01:54:04 AM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Still cant believe we didnt beat West Brom.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 20, 2016, 02:49:41 AM
Reply #2

MmmBlueRamirez

Still cant believe we didnt beat West Brom.

At this risk of sounding like some twisted cold-hearted bastard - GET OVER IT!!!!!!!

it's how we roll...
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 20, 2016, 03:22:27 AM
Reply #3

TheTone

no jumping into the crowd if we score a late winner lids

February 20, 2016, 04:15:33 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

I don't think there's any outcome that would surprise me here.

Welcome to Roberto Martinez's Everton.

Edit: Sadly, I rate conceding a late, soul-crushing goal that forces a replay as the most likely outcome. But I'm also heavily pessimistic by nature.

Second Edit: An optimist might say that forcing a replay with a late goal is more likely.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:23:34 AM by kramer0 »

February 20, 2016, 04:23:45 AM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

There is a light and it never goes out...

I like the idea of Pienaar and Deulofeu on the wings, though.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 20, 2016, 04:26:38 AM
Reply #6

kramer0

There is a light and it never goes out...

I like the idea of Pienaar and Deulofeu on the wings, though.

A double-decker bus crashing onto the pitch is one of the few outcomes that would surprise me.

February 20, 2016, 04:29:17 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Hopefully Bournemouth will be concentrating on league survival and won't be too arsed about this. 

February 20, 2016, 04:34:28 AM
Reply #8

Alanvideo

A double-decker bus crashing onto the pitch is one of the few outcomes that would surprise me.
this is what I expect will happen...........

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:35:10 AM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 20, 2016, 04:42:03 AM
Reply #9

blob

bournemouth disabled?

February 20, 2016, 04:47:53 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Joel
Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

Deulofeu     Barkley   Pienaar

Lukaku
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 20, 2016, 04:57:12 AM
Reply #11

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
no jumping into the crowd if we score a late winner lids

Haha the fans are already responsible for us dropping 4 points with their stupid antics!

If we cause an FA cup exit too then I don't want to hear anyone complaining about Martinez!

Light clapping for any post 90minute goals shall suffice
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 20, 2016, 04:58:10 AM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Done with Everton if I see another pair of Lonsdale slip ons.

February 20, 2016, 04:59:59 AM
Reply #13

Zoolander

Thanks to @Eddie I'm going to this one.
I warn you all - my record of viewing victories is not good.
Heard that Bmth are likely to field a heavily changed side.

February 20, 2016, 05:12:24 AM
Reply #14

ally2

I'm so done with 4-2-3-1