November 15, 2018, 02:38:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce takeover deal  (Read 88214 times)

February 27, 2016, 11:00:43 PM
Read 88214 times

kramer0

I'm happy to have him on board.

Hopefully, he can bump that 49.9% stake up to a majority in the near future.

February 27, 2016, 11:02:56 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

The open letter Moshiri wrote with Usmanov to the Arsenal board is worth referring back to, to get a measure of what we might expect:

So what is Red & White's vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the Club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the Club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the Club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximize the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the Club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so are committed to the Club remaining listed on the stock exchange and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also Board representation for the fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18725835

I like the sound of that! Excited to see how he gets on.

February 27, 2016, 11:06:59 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

I thought there would be 1000% more gushing going on in here but oh, well.

Made up with this.

February 27, 2016, 11:28:29 PM
Reply #3

kramer0

isn't this just so he has to run everything past the other shareholders before doing anything major?

I'm actually quite impressed the deal has been done like that to be honest, although expect there is an option for more shares in the future, once he's proved he's not changing our kit to red

Perfectly sums up my thoughts on the matter.

February 28, 2016, 12:33:29 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

I saw somewhere that 13/20 PL clubs have at least one billionaire owner so we're not unique in this regard.

What I really like about this deal is that it seems like he wants to grow the club but without accumulating debt and sacrificing its long-term future. Plus, he has experience with one of the most successful clubs in the league. Both positive signs.

I doubt we'll start throwing money around to sign sexy names but: (1) there's no pressure to sell what we have, and (2) we can get the players we need (which we've rarely been able to do in the recent past).

Exciting stuff. Like I said, I'm made up.

Edit: And frankly, if he turns us into a regular Europa League contender*, I'll be happy. Would love a bigger trophy, certainly, but it's tough in the modern age.

* Not a contender for qualification but a contender to win the damn thing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:35:22 AM by kramer0 »

February 29, 2016, 10:53:27 PM
Reply #5

kramer0

So Bill chose an Iranian over an American. That should make the yanks furious for decades.

So the derby now becomes a pseudo war. Lovely.

Not THIS yank!  :D

/then again, I very very weird

//also, Iranians in general are very cool, it's just the oppressive political leadership that's kind of dickish (one can say that about MANY places tbf)

Ditto. Those Americans seemed a bit crap. I much prefer this guy to run the club.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:54:10 PM by kramer0 »

March 08, 2016, 11:57:41 PM
Reply #6

kramer0

God I hope he's a lucky fucker.

Most billionaires are.

Skill and intelligence certainly play an important role but you'd be hard-pressed to find a mega rich person who doesn't owe his/her success partly to luck.