November 22, 2017, 03:32:00 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham United  (Read 41774 times)

March 06, 2016, 09:25:48 AM
Reply #720

TSGun

Completely heartbroken after that. A nutshell game of a nuthouse year.

Next season can't come soon enough.

March 06, 2016, 09:30:27 AM
Reply #721

Klown-Shoes

Next season can't come soon enough.

Not with boaty mcboatface in charge, no way no how. (at least for me)

March 06, 2016, 10:49:19 AM
Reply #722

sootyjrw

I've mentioned it in another thread about our players just accepting fouls against us whereas every other team will surround the ref to influence decisions such as Noble, their captain, always in the ear of the ref and definitely influencing the decision to send Kev off. Why weren't we surrounding the Taylor when Antonio barged into Joel, he was already on a yellow.

March 06, 2016, 11:16:12 AM
Reply #723

Bluedylan

I've mentioned it in another thread about our players just accepting fouls against us whereas every other team will surround the ref to influence decisions such as Noble, their captain, always in the ear of the ref and definitely influencing the decision to send Kev off. Why weren't we surrounding the Taylor when Antonio barged into Joel, he was already on a yellow.

The team is a reflection of the manager (and to a lesser extent the captain). Both have loads of qualities, and I'm a big fan of Jags so I'm not getting on his case, but we don't have the edge that you need in situations like this. I don't want us to be a horrible, nasty team but we're far too nice and smiley.

When you have a moron like Taylor reffing your game, the manager and the players need to sit down and say 'right, this fella hasn't got a fucking clue what day it is, nevermind whether his decisions are right or wrong. Get on his back and in his face for every 50/50 decision, because the opposition will be doing the same, and we need to win games of football, not be everyone's bezzie mate'.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 06, 2016, 03:18:41 PM
Reply #724

ally2

The other odd thing was how we played a back three in the first half when West Ham were playing one advanced striker thereby going three on one and wasting a player. Then we went to a back four when they went with two up in the second half effectively going two against two (and failing miserably).

March 07, 2016, 01:49:22 AM
Reply #725

Tony Clifton

I dont reckon he'd have the balls or the positive experience elsewhere to question Martinez like Eto'o and Distin did. GD is here off the back of a poor season in Seville and not cutting the mustard for barca. There might be something in that long term. Or he could be yet another underground injury we only find out about if hes forced to play through it and we see on the pitch or he has surgery and theres an explanation.

So far as herbal tea goes, how many bags of shrooms does that stuff equate too because boaty mcboatface is totally out of his mind and somehow has been making us an easier three points every game for nearly two seasons.

No, I'm thinking he's literally been caught red-handed, pissing in Balloon-Head Bobby's very strong funny tea.  ;) 

The kid's a brat, pretty much born with the Barca spoon in his mouth.  That's mostly a massively positive experience, and, given the arrangement of the deal, they still give a shit about him.  Can't he just piss in the Everton bosses tea?  ;)

March 07, 2016, 02:07:41 AM
Reply #726

Klown-Shoes

Every silver lining

with west broms win today we have now beaten 4 sides above us so far in the league this season, granted 3 of them are top half and west brom are eleventh but i'll take any small comfort at the moment.