November 24, 2017, 11:49:50 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 29284 times)

March 12, 2016, 12:32:50 AM
Read 29284 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v Chelsea
Goodison Park
Saturday 5th March 17:30
FA Cup Quarter Final

Everton's last 5 matches

Stoke City 0-3 Everton (Lukaku Pen, Coleman, Lennon)
Everton 0-1 West Brom
Bournemouth 0-2 Everton - FA Cup (Barkley, Lukaku)
Aston Villa 1-3 Everton (Funes Mori, Lennon, Lukaku)
Everton 2-3 West Ham (Lukaku, Lennon)

Chelsea's last 5 matches

Chelsea 5-1 Manchester City - Capital One Cup (Costa, Willian, Cahill, Hazard, Traore)
Southampton 1-2 Chelsea (Fabregas, Ivanovic)
Norwich 1-2 Chelsea  (Kenedy, Costa)
Chelsea 1-1 Stoke (Traore)
Chelsea 1-2 Paris Saint Germain - Champions League (Costa)

Everton

Everton continued their dreadful form at Goodison Park last weekend as they fell to their 7th defeat in 15 home matches during this season's Premier League campaign with defeat to West Ham. Despite failing to win a trophy since 1995, Everton have now made the quarter-finals of the FA Cup for the fifth time over the last eight seasons. However, Everton have lost five of their last seven ties at this stage of the competition, including their last two. Everton have a strong recent record against Chelsea as they've won five of their last nine meetings against the the blues at Goodison Park (D1 L3) and have scored in each of those matches. The last meeting between both sides in this competition came in 2011 with Everton progressing on penalties in the replay at Stamford Bridge. Romelu Lukaku is yet to score against Chelsea in four appearances but the Belgian has scored in all four of his FA Cup matches for Everton.

Possible Line-Ups

Chelsea

Despite going unbeaten under Hiddink in the league and FA Cup, Chelsea go into this match  in poor spirits after crashing out of the Champions League in midweek and injuries to Diego Costa and Eden Hazard in the process. Chelsea's last defeat at this stage of the cup came in 2008 against lower league Barnsley but the blues have won all five of their quarterfinals in this competition since then. Chelsea have had the better of their FA Cup meetings against Everton as they've won six of the nine ties between the sides but they haven't won an FA Cup matche at Goodison Park yet (D2 L1).  Guus Hiddink has won all 6 of his FA Cup matches but he will liekly be without main striker Diego Costa who has directly contributed to 17 goals (11 Scored, 6 Assisted) in his last 15 appearances for Chelsea.

Statistics & Injuries

[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:38:38 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 12, 2016, 12:35:33 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
Unfortunately my laptop has died a timely death so this could be the last match thread for a while.

Which is nice timing because this weekend is going to mark the end of this season anyway.

:)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:58:13 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 12, 2016, 12:35:57 AM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We ain't winning this

That's all I have to say

Simply simply lovely

March 12, 2016, 01:05:26 AM
Reply #3

everton1952

What I saw from Chelsea losing against PSG is way too good for us. On the other hand we went there and deserved to win. No Costa and no Hazard is good news. but that Willian fella... Come on Rom you can take us through unless the back line collapses again.

March 12, 2016, 01:23:43 AM
Reply #4

Macca77

Were doomed, its ok though there will still be plenty more to play for according to Roberto

March 12, 2016, 02:18:45 AM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Weird but part of me is struggling to even care.

March 12, 2016, 02:26:53 AM
Reply #6

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

March 12, 2016, 02:45:49 AM
Reply #7

blob

bit early to be giving up. chelsea have also had a shit season.

home banker. 3-1 :)

March 12, 2016, 02:46:36 AM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
We will win this
I have to return some videotapes.

March 12, 2016, 03:00:46 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
We'll win this and then I'll get that warm feeling inside again that Roberto's the man for the job. Then we'll be 2-0 up against Arsenal only for him to take Stones off for Niasse or some such other bonkers move.

March 12, 2016, 03:04:52 AM
Reply #10

School of Science

We ain't winning this

That's all I have to say

Think your wrong, pretty sure we're gonna win this.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 12, 2016, 04:40:27 AM
Reply #11

Klown-Shoes

stay of execution

or

nail in the coffin

March 12, 2016, 05:43:08 AM
Reply #12

ally2

A draw from the jaws of victory then getting turned over down there by Hazard and Costa.

March 12, 2016, 06:47:08 AM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

Think we'll murder them.  The semi, though...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 12, 2016, 01:03:14 PM
Reply #14

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Think we'll murder them.  The semi, though...
we won't play Them in the semi  :)