November 19, 2017, 02:53:03 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal (Actual match thread)  (Read 19052 times)

March 17, 2016, 11:20:23 PM
Reply #15

Ross

Is there anyone else who would rather we play an in-form Arsenal than this current version? Or is it just me?

I always hate playing a team when they're desperate for a result, especially a team with Arsenal's quality.

Yesterday's game should have taken a lot out of them really. If they hadn't of had a important midweek match it probably wouldn't have been a great time to face them. But now with an upturn in our confidence and theirs ebbing away we should have to much for them hopefully.

They'll still be dangerous but it will be an open game and that suits us at home.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 17, 2016, 11:25:24 PM
Reply #16

snods

With the way we are at home i think they will win.
If it was at the emirates we would have a better chance but after their game last night and their run of form its a good time to play them

March 17, 2016, 11:28:41 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

With the way we are at home i think they will win.
If it was at the emirates we would have a better chance but after their game last night and their run of form its a good time to play them

But the teams we struggle against at home are the 'men behind the ball and kill us on the counter' merchants. Arsenal will come and play, as they always do. We'll get space and our best players all thrive on space.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 17, 2016, 11:37:50 PM
Reply #18

charlatan

What odds we play a 4-3-3 with Lukaku out on the right?  Played it every time we've played them since we beat them 3-0 and hasn't worked since

March 17, 2016, 11:41:56 PM
Reply #19

kramer0

What odds we play a 4-3-3 with Lukaku out on the right?  Played it every time we've played them since we beat them 3-0 and hasn't worked since

To be fair, it worked for about 70 minutes of our first meeting last season before we completely blew it.

But I agree that it's been a miserable tactic since then.

March 18, 2016, 02:46:23 AM
Reply #20

sam of the south

That one only 'worked' when we had Naismith in the middle.'

Not sure Kone or Niasse would be up to the task..
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 18, 2016, 03:45:34 AM
Reply #21

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
With this just being a league game it doesn't matter too much

Be nice to win it to build up a bit of confidence in the lead up to the semi

I wonder if Niasse will get some more minutes
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 18, 2016, 04:15:20 AM
Reply #22

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Pretty sure he'd get a look from Lukaku that would quickly change his mind if he suggested it.

March 18, 2016, 08:02:32 AM
Reply #23

Klown-Shoes

So long as someone draws blood from flamini then its a win in my book. (hes their version of west hams mark noble, so what im saying is hes a stinking tit head)

Wenger is under pressure and he oversaw yet another double tank performance vs barcelona. 40 and one million pounds. Fuck head.

Tried to find guesty in that arsenal shirt and make a smart arse quip about mid nineties luster and work in a top shelf mag title (remember them) but I couldn't find it so you'll have to think up your own and theres plenty to conjour with with the above pic.

flamini, drop the fucker.

March 18, 2016, 11:27:48 AM
Reply #24

TSGun

Sort of stating the obvious but anything could happen in this game.

Wouldn't be at all surprised with a 5-0 win or loss. Depends upon the stars alignment and which team they favour.

March 18, 2016, 01:58:32 PM
Reply #25

ally2

Yeah Arsenal are so unpredictable and so are we to an extent.  I think it will be a strange game.  Arsenal probably have more of an incentive to win this although that doesn't really count for much.

March 18, 2016, 03:49:14 PM
Reply #26

bluestevie

I think we can nick a win here, confidence will be high after last week while Arsenal are coming off two damaging cup exits. If they come at us we can pick them off on the counter, might be high time for Del to return as him and Lennon either side of the big man is a tantalising thought
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 18, 2016, 04:16:24 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

But the teams we struggle against at home are the 'men behind the ball and kill us on the counter' merchants. Arsenal will come and play, as they always do. We'll get space and our best players all thrive on space.

To be fair our home record vs teams in the current top 10 so far is p8 w1 d2 l5.

So we're happy to lose against anyone ;)

March 18, 2016, 05:57:29 PM
Reply #28

snods

Yeah you have a point but i think there is a confidence issue at home in the league.

March 18, 2016, 07:32:01 PM
Reply #29

Cozzie

Guessing Besic will come in for Barry in this one, and it will be the same team as against chelsea.