December 12, 2019, 02:04:31 PM

Author Topic: Transfer Speculation 2016  (Read 756073 times)

March 27, 2016, 03:18:56 PM
Read 756073 times

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Carrick is finished imo. If we were still in the begging and borrowing era with no money, then beggars can't be choosers and you'd take a risk he can maybe still offer something.

Hopefully we'll be using money wisely and buying players on their way up rather than players on their way down.

99% of people said the same about Barry the years ago.

Although I agree, I don't think he's right for us. We needed more mobility in the middle.

April 09, 2016, 01:00:21 PM
Reply #1

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
The mail today are reporting that Conte may want to axe Courtois, I'd love to see him here.

I'm still not sure where Moshiris investment actually puts us though, are we genuinely competitors for the signatures for players like this, or does it not really make a difference??

I'm still quite pessimistic about it all and I think that we would struggle to sign high calibre Players that other big teams want.

I think teams with CL will be the real competitors for players like this.

April 15, 2016, 08:41:51 PM
Reply #2

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
*Liverpool announce the signing of Gary McAllister*

*Leeds announce the signing of Gordon Strachan*

*Everton announce the signing of Andy Gray*

*Derby announce the signing of Dave Mackay*

......all brought in to help guide young teams to a successful period. I'm sure there's many many more.

*Everton announce the signing of David Ginola*
 *Everton announce the signing of Paul Gascoigne*

:D

April 19, 2016, 02:34:52 PM
Reply #3

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Probably doesn't belong in this thread but it's interesting there's a rumour Arteta may join Tottenham next season as a coach. Should we be looking at this?

I'm sure I heard that Arsenal were looking at him as a coach too.

I think it's a defensive coach we're more in need of anyway! And no doubt him and Roberto would clash anyway - isn't Arteta a Basque and Roberto Catalan?

April 20, 2016, 04:10:30 AM
Reply #4

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

April 21, 2016, 04:04:35 AM
Reply #5

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
According to reports in Greece, Everton and West Ham are interested in Olympiakos goalkeeper Roberto. I had mentioned him in a previous thread as a good replacement for Howard. He's been brilliant for them in the Greek league and also in the Champions League where he has put in some top class performances. He was an absolute monster in their 1-0 win over Juventus (there are a few youtube videos if anyone is interested) Has also dropped a few clangers, but which goalkeeper hasn't?
He supposedly has a buy out clause of 5,5 million Euros if it is all paid in 1 sum and before the 15th of July.

Love your Greek league insight, thanks Hesmenos.

Let's be fair though, who would want to join us at the moment?!

May 17, 2016, 03:20:58 AM
Reply #6

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Roman Saltape

I had Roman Van Tape, thinking it was Vancouver.

He was ace on my old Championship Manager game!

May 23, 2016, 06:43:41 PM
Reply #7

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Crazy how Stones, a 21 year old playing in a position that takes a long time to mature in, gets roundly slaughtered, yet there's largely silence around Gary Cahill, who is garbage.

May 24, 2016, 03:00:38 PM
Reply #8

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I like what he could be, really intelligent footballer and would fit a pienaar type replacement player for the left well?

However he has done more in his career so far off the pitch than he has on it. Falling asleep in the road on holiday last summer, making headlines was one thing. Young, in the summer let his hair down he makes a mistake, ok. Then going on a 2 day bender after losing 4-0 to us turning up to training Monday morning having not been to bed since drunk and stumbling all over the place when the team are heading towards relegation.

Doesn't sound like the type of character who is going to make the most of his talent. He might sort himself out and someone get a player, I wouldn't want us to take that gamble. His best chance in my opinion is staying with villa and being a star in the championship, coming back up and having a fresh start and confidence to have another go in the premier league.

I think he's lacked a strong manager at an important stage of his development.

The issues at Villa this season have been so widespread and part of that has been a lack of strong leadership from top down. Grealish, Lescott, Agbonlahor are three examples of players openly defying club policies on more than one occasion.

His Dad hasn't helped either, riding off the back of his son's celebrity and expanding his ego on a daily basis. Grealish needs to decide whether he wants to become an elite footballer and commit to it, or a sideshow.

Moving to a new club, away from the Midlands, at this point in his career is probably the best thing for him. Otherwise he'll become Lee Hendrie II.

June 11, 2016, 04:25:30 AM
Reply #9

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Very similar player to Mane who Koeman likes a lot.

In what way are they similar?

Not being funny.

June 15, 2016, 08:46:13 PM
Reply #10

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Was Witsel the one who made that horror tackle a few years ago?

Berahino is a really good player who, through immaturity and ego, has lost his way. Not too dissimilar to Grealish, except I think Berahino has proved himself.

With stronger management and moving away from local influences, I think he can flourish as a player. Is Koeman the manager who can provide him with better guidance? I don't know, but he feels like the kind of player who would suit his system.

I think for the money being quoted, it's a no brainer for me.

July 13, 2016, 02:23:33 AM
Reply #11

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Only bothered about Stones leaving if we don't replace him.

July 14, 2016, 03:46:02 AM
Reply #12

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Everton really are back !

With a billionaire and a respected manager:

'Man United dealt blow as midfield target prefers move to Everton...'

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/689242/Man-Utd-Ozan-Tufan-prefers-Everton-move-transfer-news-gossip

"Tufans, we've only got Tufans"

July 19, 2016, 02:20:04 PM
Reply #13

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
For 12 months I have wanted the same person and have said so to anyone who will listen.

A year ago he could have been bought for 20M pounds and now it will take a near world record for the position (40M).... and I say it is STILL worth it... as long as he has fully recovered from his injury.

Jack Butland

Our position most in need of help and one where he could waltz in an own if for 10+ years. Not only that, if he is not already the best in England at what he does, he will be the best within a year or two. Not only that, he is a real gentleman.

I want him and would love to trade Stones and spend that money on him without batting an eyelash.

I'd rather Butland over any of the other keepers we've been linked with. I just can't see Stoke letting him go unless he does a Stones and pushes for the move.

I think he's in the 20-30m bracket though.

July 20, 2016, 10:04:16 PM
Reply #14

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber